Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

They are right about one thing for sure. The HC jobs are filling up and there are still a number of good candidates available. If we somehow didn't end up with Johnson, we would still have several good choices.

It's a good year to be in the market for HC's.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I get that lavar1156 and you know that by my posts but he frustrates.  He sometimes reminds me of a sissy.  Sorry but I had to say it.  He'd be better off keeping his mouth shut about Ben Johnson and the slam dunk crap. 

It’s the difference between a reporter and “media personality”.  A reporter who wants to maintain complete trust and credibility reports what they are certain of.  A media personality can dive deep into wild speculation and theorizing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Let me ask you a question, HTTRD?  Take Keim out of the equation as a beat reporter.  What would you think about our chances of hiring Ben Johnson?  I pose that question to anyone.  :) 

Personally, I'd put it at 83.8892%.

14 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Are you just talking about Quinn and Morris?

Because Glenn, Weaver, Macdonald and up until last week Slowik have all been doing the same prep for their teams

Yes, I'm focused on the three names Keim keeps mentioning.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

This is the second time I've heard this from a different source, "listening" to players. Are most coaches so ego driven that this is the exception and not the norm? Just strikes me odd that this is considered so "revolutionary". I understand that in the heat of battle you might not have the time to listen to what a player tells you but generally speaking I would welcome input. Doesn't say that you have to act on it but it just seems best practice to absorb all the information you can especially if that source is a trusted player. Also understanding there are a bunch of "diva" players who shout "give me the ball" but the players going one on one with a DB know intimately what they face and are often in the best position to relay that info. My rant for the day. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not that changing up plays is a radical idea but judging by Logan Paulsen's study of this last scheme and Scott Turner's -- our offense was very repetitive and VERY predictable

This is a far cry from what we are used to. How many times did we hear opponents say that they knew what was coming? My biggest gripe on EB was not making adjustments and  changing things up.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You would hope they grade the interviews on a curve... one guy has been non-stop game planning and preparing for legacy-defining playoff games over the last few weeks, for a city that is desperate for success.  The other guys have had all the time in the world to study up on our history, roster, their vision going forward, etc. and knock their interviews out of the park.  I would have to imagine Peters and Harris are more open-minded than to take someone "killing it" in an interview at face value without considering the other factors at play.

They are smart guys, am sure they'd factor context.

Not that Keim is never wrong but he's as close to 100% I've seen over the years.

And he's been on repeat as to Johnson feels like the favorite but don't count out Quinn and Morris.  Among the others the one he mentions next a little is McDonald.

Quinn and Morris are described as very dynamic personalities with big reputations around the league.  So I get the vibe from him that he's not ruling out that one of them in particular just blows them away in an interview.

My vibe is Keim has been most consistent on three points.

A.   Johnson is likely the favorite but that's not slam dunk.

B.  This ownership group is very good at keeping things in house, not much is leaked

C.  People might be sleeping on Quinn.  He's known as a charismatic type with a clear vision and he's the dude when he asks around with sources around the league that gets the most kudos.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not that changing up plays is a radical idea but judging by Logan Paulsen's study of this last scheme and Scott Turner's -- our offense was very repetitive and VERY predictable

This makes a lot of sense. Not only making it harder for defenses to read what the next play will be but also easier for the offensive players to learn.

It seems both our offense and defensive schemes have been predictable. I swear some of the teams had spy's in our huddle or could hear the calls in their green helmeted players

Can't wait for fresh start

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

This is a far cry from what we are used to. How many times did we here opponents say that they new what was coming? My biggest gripe on EB was not making adjustments and  changing things up.

Big time.  I recall Logan joking about how on third down with Scott's offense is was a shallow crosser (pick routes) again and again and again.  And also EB isn't trying to fool anyone.  He just runs what he runs in repeat regardless of the defense.  Logan made both points super nicely as he tends to do.  

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

This makes a lot of sense. Not only making it harder for defenses to read what the next play will be but also easier for the offensive players to learn.

It seems both our offense and defensive schemes have been predictable. I swear some of the teams had spy's in our huddle or could hear the calls in their green helmeted players

Can't wait for fresh start

Yeah I recall Jay talking about how playiing JDR's defenses over the years, he was a dude who didn't try to fool anyone.    Logan would talk about how other teams marry coverage with the D line like a symphony -- including ironically Quinn at Dallas.  Logan loved his scheme.  But we didn't do that.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They are smart guys, am sure they'd factor context.

Not that Keim is never wrong but he's as close to 100% I've seen over the years.

And he's been on repeat as to Johnson feels like the favorite but don't count out Quinn and Morris.  Among the others the one he mentions next a little is McDonald.

Quinn and Morris are described as very dynamic personalities with big reputations around the league.  So I get the vibe from him that he's not ruling out that one of them in particular just blows them away in an interview.

My vibe is Keim has been most consistent on three points.

A.   Johnson is likely the favorite but that's not slam dunk.

B.  This ownership group is very good at keeping things in house, not much is leaked

C.  People might be sleeping on Quinn.  He's known as a charismatic type with a clear vision and he's the dude when he asks around with sources around the league that gets the most kudos.

Based on this it sounds Johnson or a defensive HC. 

I was big on Quinn but I have cooled on him. I'd rather see a swing at MacDonald or Morris. I have warmed to Morris and see the leadership characteristics they are going to like with him.

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is something Gibbs did. He’d run 10 different plays from the same look. I am over the moon for Johnson. I kinda want Detroit to win, but also want the process to move along so we can start putting together a staff

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think getting quarterbacks input is more of the norm these days. Reminds me of how managing practices have changed these days in general. The people executing the tasks should have input and then it’s the manager job to make the final decision. 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is something Gibbs did. He’d run 10 different plays from the same look. I am over the moon for Johnson. I kinda want Detroit to win, but also want the process to move along so we can start putting together a staff

Next week they will still be able to do in person interviews no matter what. Whether they announce or not is a different thing. 

Example I gather of a good interview.  I'll give it to Mueller, ex-GM when asked about prospective HCs -- he mentioned he'd prefer an offensive minded one.  Then said Ben Johnson would be his top guy on that front and then when pushed to pick another he said Callahan

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

It feels like yesterday when I looked at head coaches and they were all old men.

Now 3/4's of them are ten years younger than I am.

I'd like to believe it's just a paradigm shift in the nfl but then I remember gibbs was 7 years younger than I am now when he was first hired.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I’ve always liked Fangio and have wanted him hermany times in the past when opportunities arose. Alas it was never meant to be.

But dude has really been around the league… it’s almost seems purposeful he never came to Washington.

• Like 1

Keim’s podcast today. Just about Ben Johnson 

A. More smoke is about them hiring Ben Johnson than the other choices 

B. They smoke is from the NFL, agents, etc. Harris and the FO is good at preventing leaks 

C. When he asks about Ben Johnson around the league. It’s all good stuff. People like him and think he’s very good at his job 

D. No one pauses if he can be a good HC. Sometimes people tell Keim that they like a coordinator but they don’t like them as potential head coaches 

E.  When Keim asked for example about Jay when he was hired half of the people he talked to said he’s not a head coach 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

Don't worry... Grant and Not Funny Danny will bail out Jay and just tell him he got done dirty.

Never have I been so thankful to have the stink of Dan Snyder off this team, even if it still seems to live and breathe in the local sports media.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1