Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

There's going to be a lot of tears in here if Johnson decides to stay in Detroit/take another job or if Peter's goes with Slowik...

I'm only crying if any defensive guy not named MacDonald gets the job.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

There's going to be a lot of tears in here if Johnson decides to stay in Detroit/take another job or if Peter's goes with Slowik...

Hey, klwilkins1977, I am going to come back and say what Mike Tyson is saying in your profile photo, "You Thilly".  I am still laughing.  LOL  

8 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

interviews according to Keim are big. I don’t get the vibe that he gets the vibe that Slowik is the likely runner up.  The hints seem to be Quinn or Morris as the likely runners up.

But will see you never know who kills it in the interview as Keim said for example Tomlin wasn’t considered the leader for the Steelers job years bsck but he was the best interview and got the job. 

• Like 1

I dont know if anyone has mentioned it but doesnt Rivera have to at least appear to try and get work this year in order to recieve the last year of his deal? Man would be crazy to coach against next year after all the health issues he's been through. Time to hang em up

26 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

That Charger GM job will be a tough one with Jim Harbaugh.

Love me some Joe Hortiz.  Great hire by Chargers if they get him. I wanted him here with MacDonald but am very happy with Adam Peters.  

1 minute ago, CarlH said:

I dont know if anyone has mentioned it but doesnt Rivera have to at least appear to try and get work this year in order to recieve the last year of his deal? Man would be crazy to coach against next year after all the health issues he's been through. Time to hang em up

I mentioned it a while back, but tbh I think he wants to coach. I really do believe that. 
image.jpeg.30a26a8671bda2136a6423bfa21d0b22.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

interviews according to Keim are big. I don’t get the vibe that he gets the vibe that Slowik is the likely runner up.  The hints seem to be Quinn or Morris as the likely runners up.

But will see you never know who kills it in the interview as Keim said for example Tomlin wasn’t considered the leader for the Steelers job years bsck but he was the best interview and got the job. 

Yeah and we have heard over and over again a big part of why EB never got a head coaching job was because he didn't interview well. The interviews are super important. Even if they go in thinking they like someone best, another person could blow them away in the interview and make the decision more difficult

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Yeah and we have heard over and over again a big part of why EB never got a head coaching job was because he didn't interview well. The interviews are super important. Even if they go in thinking they like someone best, another person could blow them away in the interview and make the decision more difficult

definitely. That’s why Keim said it’s not slam dunk. These interviews matter to them 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ben Johnson already had a virtual interview.  If there is so much talk about a second interview he'd only do better. I think he nailed the first one and he'll blow away the 2nd one.  SIP, it will be ok.  Johnson will our next HC unless he backs out.  He did that last year.  He won't this year.  Peters, Myers, Irving Johnson, Rick Spielman along with his brother Chris and Harris along with the other minority owners will bring this baby home, man!  It's good.  :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Ben Johnson already had a virtual interview.  If there is so much talk about a second interview he'd only do better. I think he nailed the first one and he'll blow away the 2nd one.  SIP, it will be ok.  Johnson will our next HC unless he backs out.  He did that last year.  He won't this year.  Peters, Myers, Irving Johnson, Rick Spielman along with his brother Chris and Harris along with the other minority owners will bring this baby home, man!  It's good.  :) 

I think it’s clear Johnson is the front runner but Keim continues to say it’s not slam dunk and the interviews matter to them. All of them. Will see.

Id just patiently wait for it to play out 

2 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

Good discussion with Keim about the Commanders' coaching search.

Bram says "It feels like a layup, and it's been in the works for a long time."  Bingo!  Sometimes Keim bores me.  If you took him to a horse track and a horse was 2/1 to win and the favorite, he seems like a guy that would be $5 on it rather than a grand!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, RWJ said:

Bram says "It feels like a layup, and it's been in the works for a long time."  Bingo!  Sometimes Keim bores me.  If you took him to a horse track and a horse was 2/1 to win and the favorite, he seems like a guy that would be $5 on it rather than a grand!  

Keim is def conservative. But when he does report something he is always right. He never throws something up against the wall and hope it sticks.

• Thanks 1

I think it’s clear Johnson is the front runner but Keim continues to say it’s not slam dunk and the interviews matter to them. All of them. Will see.

Reliable beat reporter and I get the slam dunk crap but Keim... I'll leave it at that.  

I said that a page or so back. :)  I say slam dunk and it happens when Detroit's season ends with a SB victory or a loss to the 9ers this weekend.  :)  

4 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Keim is def conservative. But when he does report something he is always right. He never throws something up against the wall and hope it sticks.

I get that lavar1156 and you know that by my posts but he frustrates.  He sometimes reminds me of a sissy.  Sorry but I had to say it.  He'd be better off keeping his mouth shut about Ben Johnson and the slam dunk crap.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Confused 2

It's so obvious that it's Ben Johnson..They can't make it official until his season ends..Nothing  is stopping them from hiring any of the other coaches that they have interviewed  as their season have already ended..If any of the prior coaches that interviewed blew them away you think they would wait around? Hell no they would of hired them in fear of some other team hiring them.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

There was the article with Dan Campbell where he said that he's ready and talked about him staying put and growing into a better coach.  I don't think he will stay put in Detroit, even if they lose in the NFC championship or Super Bowl.  

We are a prime destination right now.  He waits until next year and he might not get the option of being in an ideal situation with new ownership, most cap space in the league, #2 overall pick.  If Peters goes with Slowik, it's not a bad alternative either.

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

It's so obvious that it's Ben Johnson..They can't make it official until his season ends..Nothing  is stopping them from hiring any of the other coaches that they have interviewed  as their season have already ended..If any of the prior coaches that interviewed blew them away you think they would wait around? Hell no they would of hired them in fear of some other team hiring them.

Thank you, bh32.  :)  

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You would hope they grade the interviews on a curve... one guy has been non-stop game planning and preparing for legacy-defining playoff games over the last few weeks, for a city that is desperate for success.  The other guys have had all the time in the world to study up on our history, roster, their vision going forward, etc. and knock their interviews out of the park.  I would have to imagine Peters and Harris are more open-minded than to take someone "killing it" in an interview at face value without considering the other factors at play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You would hope they grade the interviews on a curve... one guy has been non-stop game planning and preparing for legacy-defining playoff games over the last few weeks, for a city that is desperate for success.  The other guys have had all the time in the world to study up on our history, roster, their vision going forward, etc. and knock their interviews out of the park.  I would have to imagine Peters and Harris are more open-minded than to take someone "killing it" in an interview at face value without considering the other factors at play.

Let me ask you a question, HTTRD?  Take Keim out of the equation as a beat reporter.  What would you think about our chances of hiring Ben Johnson?  I pose that question to anyone.  :) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Are you just talking about Quinn and Morris?

Because Glenn, Weaver, Macdonald and up until last week Slowik have all been doing the same prep for their teams