Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

It was interesting in the pause by Peters when asked whether he had a chance to evaluate the roster.  His answer "there are a few cornerstone pieces here".

Was trying to wrap my head around who? - TMac, BRob, Cosmi, Allen, Payne, Tress Way?

• Like 1

Just now, HigSkin said:

It was interesting in the pause by Peters when asked whether he had a chance to evaluate the roster.  His answer "there are a few cornerstone pieces here".

Was trying to wrap my head around who? - TMac, BRob, Cosmi, Allen, Payne, Tress Way?

CRod too. :)  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Mclaurin Payne and Allen. Although I think Cosmi will be on that list this time next year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I've been thinking about this alot the past few days.

I am not sure if Jon Allen makes my list, although I could easily be swayed once I hear him talk on the matter.  I have a feeling he is energized with the new direction of the team, probably because everyone else seems to be, but last I heard from him he was frustrated and didnt want to participate in another rebuild.  If he had the mindset to play here and NOT request a trade, I might try to rework his contract since he is the highest paid guy on the team and only has one year left, so might be a good time to get something done. I'd love to see it, but wont be mad at him for seeking greener pastures if thats what he thinks is best for him.

Cosmi, definitely

Terry, yes

Payne, yes

Way, yes

BROB, yes

I think pretty much any draft pick that made the team the past two years and is still on the roster will be retained until training camp cuts since there isnt really any benefit to cut those guys unless Im missing something.  So that means guys like Forbes, Henry, Martin, Stromberg, Howell, et al will be around unless someone offers a trade worth considering.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

His answer "there are a few cornerstone pieces here".

You know, I really would love to see that list. I think we can assume McLaurin. But personally, I would hope Brian Robinson is on it. To me he was maybe the most underutilized player on offense. He wasn't going to get but so many carries anyway in Bienimy"s throw the ball 74 times a game offense but I'd be really interested to see what he would do in a slightly more RB friendly system. 

• Like 4

I like Adam's mindset. Hearing him say "I can tell you that you are going to see great competitors, a physical team. And you're going to be impressed by what you see on the field and you're going to see it right away."  That excites the hell out of me.  That is definitely part of how he and Shanahan shifted the niners.  Leadership, expectations and finding guys with talent, even guys that might be diamonds in the rough, that fit what they wanted to do.

And it really summed up for me being a fan of this team for so many years, how SO many times I walked away from games thinking the effort was just not there.  And nothing irritated me more.  I am so excited for us as fans. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

The pause and smirk on his face after he was asked his opinion on the roster told us everything we need to know lol.....I believe a major overhaul is coming 

I don't think this will happen, and just spitballing here..... but if Peters truly believes the roster is complete bargain basement trash, then there may be an outside chance he takes the approach of *not* drafting the QB right away. They could trade down from #2, get a huge haul of picks for 2024 and 2025, and rebuild the lines, TE, WR and overall quality of the roster, so that when a does QB come in, they are set up for success. There would be nothing worse than drafting Williams or Maye, and having them get destroyed behind that line next year, like Howell just was.

Then again, I would expect that if they do take a QB at the draft, they will at least kick Wylie inside to G and invest in a tackle, so that protection will hold up better....and that the new OC will run the damn ball more for a change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Need a coach with this kind of drive.  I remember Mike saying he thinks his son will be a better coach than him in part because he's 24-7 the sport.

Jay just needs to go away.  He did nothing here.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The biggest reason I don't see us trading down is that you don't get the #2 pick very often. When you do, you have to invest in the most important player on the field, the QB. That is unless you think the QB class is trash.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

The biggest reason I don't see us trading down is that you don't get the #2 pick very often. When you do, you have to invest in the most important player on the field, the QB. That is unless you think the QB class is trash.

That and at worst in 3 years or so we could always trade that #2 pick for a 3rd round pick 🤪

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

Agreed as we basically lucked into the 2nd pick if you look at all the variables that had to align to get there.  Remember, we started off 2-0 and amazing we were able to "achieve" this feat.  We also have close to, if not the, most salary cap money available so some holes may be filled in that manner.  It an exciting time, finally, to be a fan again. This time without the 23 year embarrassment that was DS,  

41 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Henry and Toohill have both flashed imo. Its the reason I would be fine with just grabbing one edge in FA. 

Henry is still owed a sack from one of the worst calls of the year. Love how he plays and both those guys should be in camp at the very least.  I'll save the FA talk for the other thread, but I am unsure what to expect there after listening to the new GM talk about building through the draft today. Part of me expects a slow and quiet free agency depending on who comes available.

If Vrabel were to be the hire as HC, I could see him bringing in Arthur Smith as the OC. They did well together in Tennessee with Vrabel at HC and Smith as OC, before Smith got hired away to be the HC with Atlanta. I know Smith was not a very good HC with the Falcons, but again, he was a good OC with the Titans. We all know how these coaches love hiring guys they've worked with in the past and I could definitely see Smith being Vrabel's OC wherever Vrabel ends up being the head coach.

Smith is also a guy with a North Carolina connection, as he played O-line there in college. I don't think Smith holds any grudges against the franchise as he has the past several years after the fallout between Snyder and his father- a former co-owner, so I wouldn't think he would have an issue with coaching here if Vrabel gets hired and wants him here.

I'm not at all saying I want this to happen and I honestly don't think it will. However, and I could be completely wrong with this feeling, but I do feel that Harris tends to prefer retread coaches who have had success to guys who have never been HC's. His last two HC hirings with the Sixers have been Doc Rivers and Nick Nurse, both retreads who were winners elsewhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, illone said:

Henry is still owed a sack from one of the worst calls of the year. Love how he plays and both those guys should be in camp at the very least.  I'll save the FA talk for the other thread, but I am unsure what to expect there after listening to the new GM talk about building through the draft today. Part of me expects a slow and quiet free agency depending on who comes available.

We are going to have to be active in FA. A large chunk of our team are free agents. Have to fill the roster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

When you are six players in and you list your punter.... 🤦🤦🤦

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Andrew Wylie, Emmanuel Forbes, Dyami Brown, and the return of William Jackson III.

• Haha 4