Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

For those who couldn’t watch, I didn’t really care for the part where he said he’ll do anything to bring back Carson Wentz.

You haven't started on the sauce yet have you, BB?  😆

34 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The only thing I took away from that session was that he thinks our current roster is trash 😝

The pause and smirk on his face after he was asked his opinion on the roster told us everything we need to know lol.....I believe a major overhaul is coming 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Stoox said:

I've been saying that for years. There was about 4:47 left on the clock when Julio Jones made the ridiculous catch at the NE 22 yard line. They then lost a yard on a running play, got sacked for 12 yards, then penalized for 10 yards, pushing them back to the NE 45 yard line with 3:38 left and the score 28-20.

All they had to do was run it twice more, burning clock to the 2 minute warning, or making NE burn all of their time outs, before kicking the field goal to make it 31-20. I put that more on Shanahan, not Quinn, since he was calling the plays.

An 11 point lead with about 2 minutes left and NE needing not only a TD/2 pt convert, but also a FG, and not having all of their time outs would have left a very different outcome.

I can never help but think what the story about NE/Belichick/Brady and their 6 titles would be if Pete Carroll and Kyle Shanahan hadn't both lost their minds in the clutch in those Super Bowls....

It was mind boggling how the Falcons let it slip away. Ryan could have knelt for 3 downs, kick the FG and let time run out. If I were HC I would have gone over to Kyle and told him "Uh, Kyle......"

Edited by BleedBNG
  • Like 2

Putting this out there for the last time and I think a Ben Johnson as HC hire to Washington is a no-brainer, done deal!  Rick Spielman on our advisory committee > Chris Speilman, his brother (Chris Spielman re-joined the Lions in a front office role as Special Assistant to President/CEO and Chairperson in 2021. He played an integral role in the hiring of Executive Vice President and General Manager Brad Holmes and Head Coach Dan Campbell and reports directly to President and CEO Rod Wood.) > Dan Campbell HC promotes Ben Johnson as his OC. To me it's plain as day that ALL the pieces of the puzzle are there and have been put together.   

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Good stuff from this article about Ben Johnson's mindset:

"Last week, the Lions had the opportunity to see Johnson work as a coordinator in a trial capacity at the Senior Bowl, where he led the offense and called plays for the American squad, coached by the Lions. "It doesn't matter if you're a quality-control coach or wherever you are on the ladder, you're getting evaluated every day," Johnson said last week. "That's as a coach and player. So, I've treated it the same as I've always treated every day I go into the office. Eyes are on me, I need to do my job, I owe that to co-workers, I owe that to the players, and you let the chips fall where they may from there. But I haven't really wavered from that in my career so far, and this is just another step in that process." 

This part too coming from then and now former NFL QB, QB coach Mark Brunell:

"I've been impressed with Ben from Day 1," Lions quarterback coach Mark Brunell said in December. "He has a lot of experience. He's been coaching in the NFL for 10 years. Still young — 35 years old —  and he's been around a lot. I've learned a lot from Ben, and not just since the last couple weeks or whatever, but since the day I stepped foot on this facility. I've learned a lot from him as far as offensive football, passing game, coaching, and he's been around some good coaches. I'm fortunate that I get to be around him."

Detroit Lions officially promote Ben Johnson to offensive coordinator (detroitnews.com)

• Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Not saying this is my choice, but if I had to wager on our HC/QB combination, I’d take a guess at Slowik/Daniels.

I would put money on Johnson and Maye.

Not necessarily MY money mind you.

30 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Even after watching the news conference I can't imagine are team will be as bad next year as it was this year.

The bar is very very low.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For anyone here who needed reassurance about the hire...

As spot on as your can get!  I have posted this several times on ES, I believe.  106.7 nailed it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Praise the Lord… cause any talk of him coming here can be put to bed… night night 

We're not that lucky yet. Maybe their GM can finally get them another nfl caliber QB to work with next season.