Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Since Myers is part of this interview process...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/workday/2019/01/11/golden-state-warriors-gm-bob-myers-on-culture-leadership-and-authenticity/?sh=43193c8d7bdc

What have you learned is most important in building a winning team?

It’s about finding great leaders, which is hard; not just in the NBA, but in any organization. 

You’ve shared that it’s harder to sustain success than it is to achieve it. How do you lead once you’ve achieved success? 

I heard one of the San Francisco Giants executives say that a team is like a living organism. It needs to be touched every day, watered, and fed. That’s very relevant in what we do. It’s our responsibility to build a place where people feel cared about at work beyond their job. Where it’s not just a slogan on the wall. It’s having leaders in place that are motivational and inspiring to people. It’s also about connecting with people in an authentic way, which includes having hard conversations.

https://brandettes.com/warriors-gm-bob-myers/

Your victories on the court are well known, but what do you think has been the most important thing you’ve done off the court to improve the organization?

Great people make great organizations.  We work hard to find the brightest and hardest working people to fill out each position in our organization.  This includes coaches and players as well.  We work in a very emotional business that constantly tests your character.  There is internal and external pressure to perform each day so it is important to find the right type of people to surround yourself with.  I have tried to lead with hard work and humility.  If you employ the right process then sometimes you get the right results.

What do you think makes a good team truly great?

Character makes everything great.  Talent eventually runs out in moments of adversity but character always stays.  We try to find players of great talent and character and hope they can all fit together to make the sum greater than the parts.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've listened to enough of Keim on this to get a vibe on this.    And the vibe is its a wild card if Ben Johnson believes this is this best place for him and it looks like every team is going to interview him so how can we count on him choosing here over every other place?  Especially on the chance if other teams are willing to throw him more power?  The good thing with Peters is he only interviewed with us.  It won't be the same with Ben Johnson.

As to the Slowik-Johnson debate here.  At a minimum I think Slowik comes off as the easier get -- Johnson is the one in heavier demand, clearly.

People on here think that Johnson is a guarantee or they want him so bad to be our HC, in their minds he already is. I just want to warn people that don’t get your hopes up. You never know what can happen. I would love for Ben Johnson to be our HC, but we are going to have competition to get him. I trust the process and Peters, and hopefully, they get this right. I'm sure they have a #2 candidate if Johnson doesn't come here, and I'm hoping it's an offensive minded coach. We don't need a DC type coach when we are about to draft a QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HogsVa7 said:

People on here think that Johnson is a guarantee or they want him so bad to be our HC, in their minds he already is. I just want to warn people that don’t get your hopes up. You never know what can happen. I would love for Ben Johnson to be our HC, but we are going to have competition to get him. I trust the process and Peters, and hopefully, they get this right. I'm sure they have a #2 candidate if Johnson doesn't come here, and I'm hoping it's an offensive minded coach. We don't need a DC type coach when we are about to draft a QB.

I think people are measured.  No guarantees for anything.

Ben Johnson is my #1 desire.  But none of the other 4 candidates that they are currently considering put me off.  I trust whatever they do including even hiring a DC coach.

Based on what Keim said today and reading a bit today about what Bob Myers desires in a coach it seems clear that they are likely looking for a leader of men type and they'd have a better sense of that from these candidates than us from our couch. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Based on what Keim said today and reading a bit today about what Bob Myers desires in a coach it seems clear that they are likely looking for a leader of men type and they'd have a better sense of that from these candidates than us from our couch. 

You're killing me SIP

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's odd how it fell apart from Goff in LA with McVay.  It would be really a cool story if both he and Stafford both got SBs out of that trade. Sometimes, it's just making sure you're in the right situation.  Stafford clearly was the right guy for the Rams to put them over the edge.  Now Goff might be the right guy for the Lions.  

Ironic Goff got to a SB with the Rams too.  If the Lions get to a SB with Goff, he'd join a REALLY short list of QBs who have gotten to the SB with multiple teams.  Off the top of my head, I can think of 2: Kurt Warner and Peyton Manning.  There might be a few others, but the list isn't very long.  

You couldn’t remember Tom Brady?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If the Cowboys fire Mike McCarthy, Jerrah will have the successor lined up before he tells McCarthy to pack his office.  Most likely Bill Belichick.  They'll have to go through the Rooney Rule process.  But Jerrah is going to know the next coach before he fires the current coach.  He's probably on the phone with Bill right now.  

The other option is Dan Quinn, who's in the building, and I think he could hire today without having to do Rooney Rule stuff because he's an internal candidate.  I might have that wrong, but I thought if you were hiring an internal candidate, you could just do that whenever you wanted to.  

No, I think. Think you still have to interview 2 external minorities, even if you promote from within.

Even the Raiders, if they promote Pierce; have to interview 2 external minorities.

8 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

How many times under former ownership did we actually interview several candidates for our HC job?  It’s an incredible source of intel.  

I can’t remember how many people Dan interviewed before hiring Marty if he interviewed anyone else.  I think the only time Dan interviewed multiple candidates is when he hired Joe.

Maybe during the 2008 offseason that gave us Zorn, they talk to more than one candidate.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Good. Hopefully that ends the talk of BB to Washington. I'm looking at you Mike Florio.

If he does go to Atlanta, it will be interesting to see what he does there. I have a feeling it won't go well but who knows.

4 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Welcome to the DMV. Now get to work. 😄

Adam, it would behoove you to fly to The Motor City tomorrow morning and interview both DC Aaron Glenn and OC Ben Johnson and then draw up the paperwork having signed Ben tomorrow as our new HC so you can announce the good news at your press conference.  

48 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Looks like a tremendous family man. Has a beautiful family. Somehow makes me like the hire even more.

Was gonna say the same thing.  Definitely not the used car salesman vibe Bruce gave off

Edited by boston skins fan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I can’t remember how many people Dan interviewed before hiring Marty if he interviewed anyone else.  I think the only time Dan interviewed multiple candidates is when he hired Joe.

Maybe during the 2008 offseason that gave us Zorn, they talk to more than one candidate.

They interviewed a ton of people after Gibbs left the second time. Spagnolo, Caldwell, Fassell and many others. They were all creepy overnight  sleep overs at Dan’s house with Vinny there. 

Surprisingly no coach wanted to be dictated his staff. They hired Jim Zorn to be the OC and to fix Jason Campbell. After everyone turned them down, they settled on Fassell. Then there was a devastating backlash here and the front office was regularly reading ES those days and they backtracked. Zorn was promoted from OC to head coach having never been anything but an ineffective position coach in Seattle where they mainly kept around because he was an alumni of the team. Good times!

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1