Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I wonder if the poor defensive play last night removes Quinn from contention as the next HC.

I surely hope not, after hearing yesterday that Quinn was high on the list from Commanders man I’m hoping Seattle or if Dallas moves on from MM that he gets 1 of those jobs… actually I could see where Quinn would fit in nicely with the Titans … but being a total rebuild in a way w/new rookie QB and a lot of new starters on the offensive (let alone the entire team) I want a new younger type guy… not a Quinn type… but I don’t make those decisions… I just think Quinn would be the safe pick and no risk hire for HC here 

Edited by Command The 414

17 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I admit I jumped on the "hate Jason wright" bandwagon myself but then thought about it more, he's always seemed like a decent guy to me plus you gotta do what the big cheese tells you to do and the big cheese was a block of rotten limburger so I'm willing to give him a chance under new ownership. 

I never cared too much about Wright one way or another.  Though I liked that he was way more articulate than Bruce IMO. 

As a Dan hater, I loved him throwing the shots at Dan while Dan was leaving.  It made me wonder how many Dan's fingerprints was on what Jason did considering Jason laid it on thick but was apt about what it means to the organization to have Dan finally leaving.  Sheehan pointed out Dan did somewhat of a farewell press release citing some in the FO and didn't mention Wright at all.  So he wondered if there was some bad blood at the end.   Ron on the other hand was kissing Dan's butt all the way through to the end.  Cringe worthy from Ron.

I'd gather from Harris' standpoint the #1 things he'd want from his top business guy -- sales, and stadium.   And it looks like on both fronts they've made some serious progress.

As for the name issue, Keim has talked about this a lot on and off including recently.  They have bigger priorities.  And when they get to the name they won't do it half ass so that's why the analogy of walk and chew gum at the same time doesn't apply to how they see it.  When they get to changing the name they will go full out on it.  But Keim thinks that's not likely happening for a year and change. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I surely hope not, after hearing yesterday that Quinn was high on the list from Commanders man I’m hoping Seattle or if Dallas moves on from MM that he gets 1 of those jobs… actually I could see where Quinn would fit in nicely with the Titans … but being a total rebuild in a way w/new rookie QB and a lot of new starters on the offensive (let alone the entire team) I want a new younger type guy… not a Quinn type… but I don’t make those decisions… I just think Quinn would be the safe pick and no risk hire for HC here 

Yeah I meant in terms of for the Dallas job based on Jerrah's frustration that bled through in his interviews last night

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I would hate it if Vrabel went to Dallas. I like him a lot as a coach and he's a REALLY strong leader. 

For sure. Dallas swapping McCarthy for Vrabel would be a huge upgrade and I hope they're seduced by Belichick instead. Even Quinn, despite his poor showing last night, would likely do better than McCarthy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for the name issue, Keim has talked about this a lot on and off including recently.  They have bigger priorities.  And when they get to the name they won't do it half ass

This is true and I'm glad they're going to do it right this time (assuming they do change it) but it still sucks to be walking around with the married name of our abuser for years after the divorce.

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

For sure. Dallas swapping McCarthy for Vrabel would be a huge upgrade and I hope they're seduced by Belichick instead. Even Quinn, despite his poor showing last night, would likely do better than McCarthy.

After last night, I could care less who Dallas gets. I'm totally convinced that Dak will never get them over the hump and they don't necessarily have a good salary cap situation. They're going to pay Micah a ton and he's teetering on being overrated. I can actually see Dallas taking a fall in the upcoming seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This is true and I'm glad they're going to do it right this time (assuming they do change it) but it still sucks to be walking around with the married name of our abuser for years after the divorce.

I hear you.  I don't care about the name one way or another.  But for those who do, I took the Keim's comments as positive.   While they don't feel it a priority, they don't do things half speed.  Hence they don't want it as some side project as they are working on everything else.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

When he released this in real time, I thought it was a throw away or a dangerous throw the defense could adjust to in the air.  The receiver stopped, stumbled back to catch, but it didn't matter as only 1 defender was in view and 10+ yards away.  Some was design, but that's also terrible defense.

3 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

When he released this in real time, I thought it was a throw away or a dangerous throw the defense could adjust to in the air.  The receiver stopped, stumbled back to catch, but it didn't matter as only 1 defender was in view and 10+ yards away.  Some was design, but that's also terrible defense.

It reminds me of the RG3 Thanksgiving game in Dallas in 2012 when we just had WRs wide open all day long. It was so bad even guys like Niles Paul were getting wide open and scoring TDs.

To get that level detail, Breer seems clearly plugged into the process so I am going to take the leaks from him seriously.  Guessing Spielman or someone close to him is the source.

Spielman’s work through the final two weeks of the season was done quietly. He made calls but didn’t tell folks who he was working for, gathering information discreetly. Then, the Monday after Week 18, once Harris let Rivera go, Spielman drove to Miami and got to work talking with folks such as former Arizona Cardinals GM and Fritz Pollard Alliance exec Rod Graves, former New York Giants GM Jerry Reese, former Jacksonville Jaguars exec Michael Huyghue and former Pittsburgh Steelers GM Kevin Colbert, all of whom worked in the league for decades, and attended last month’s accelerator program.

He was on the phone from 7:30 a.m. to about 11 p.m., checking every box on the five guys he’d identified, all of whom carried assistant GM titles: Peters, as well as Kansas City’s Mike Borgonzi, Cleveland’s Glenn Cook, Chicago’s Ian Cunningham, Philadelphia’s Alec Halaby.

The first round of interviews happened at Harris’s offices in Miami. Each candidate spent two and a half hours with Spielman, then another two and a half hours with Harris and Myers. Borgonzi, Cook and Peters went Tuesday, in that order, then Cook and Halaby went Wednesday.

• The group then reconvened to pick two finalists, Peters and Cunningham, then met with three of Harris’s co-owners—Mitchell Rales, David Blitzer and Magic Johnson—to get a consensus and finalize those two as the leaders who’d get 90-minute second interviews Thursday morning.

• After that, the larger group met one last time to pick Peters. It was close between the final two, with Peters’s seven years of experience as a No. 2, and the success his 49ers have had serving as a tiebreaker. (Cunningham is in his second year as a top lieutenant, and while the Bears seem headed in the right direction, they’re not there yet.)

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Also I'm curious when the team will make an official announcement of Peters. And when will we get the press conference. Maybe tomorrow for announcement and Wednesday PC?

Keim seemed to think tomorrow or Wednesday

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Raheem when I was listening to Keim talk about what he believes they want, it screamed him more than the other prospective coaches

for those fixated on Kyle.  He likes him too.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/49ers/article/49ers-shanahan-rams-morris-18368996.php

49ers’ Kyle Shanahan and Rams DC Raheem Morris go from BFFs to foes Sunday

I would be very disappointed if Morris or Quinn are hired, especially with the other choices out there.  ( I really want no part of Quinn)  I just don't believe that these guys are HC material at all, and they feel way too close to Dan Snyder-type hires to me.  Not saying they are, but it just feels that way to me. 

That being said, I DO believe in this ownership group, and am stoked at what they've done so far.  They're the experts, going about this in expert fashion.  So whichever individual they hire, I'll trust it.  But Morris or Quinn will have me apprehensive for sure.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I would hate it if Vrabel went to Dallas. I like him a lot as a coach and he's a REALLY strong leader. 

Meh.  I don't sweat Vrabel much.  He did very little in Tenn.  They were basically irrelevant under the majority of his watch.  They were just a team playing in the league for the most part.  It was easy to forget they were even in the league.  A lot like Washington.  

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If we do end up hiring Johnson, how cool would it be if the 9ers and Lions met for the NFC Conference game?  Our new GM’s team vs. our new HC’s team. 

Would be even cooler if it’s a Texans / 9ers Super Bowl and we hired Slowik, but that seems a lot less likely.

Other option is a Ravens / 9ers Super Bowl with Macdonald coaching the Ravens defense.

Regardless, there’s a fairly good chance our GM vs. new HC’s teams will meet in a meaningful playoff game this year. 

I consider all playoff games meaningful, and the only name which popped up as a possibility for us who wasn't coaching in a playoff game was Harbaugh. And they just won the national championship, so that would be a meaningful game. ** It was reported by one guy we put a request in to interview him, but it hasn't been confirmed, so it might have been fake news. I don't know.  

Every other coach, including Raheem Morris and Dan Quinn, who's seasons ended yesterday, coached in the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

The question for Quinn as Dallas HC would be who he would bring in to run the offense.  For that matter, the same question would exist for Belichick.  

There's a chance Belichick would bring McDaniels with him.  McDaniels is an egotistical ass hat, but he's a good OC.  Terrible HC.  And Bill knows how to manage McDaniels.  

I don't know who Quinn would get.  Would they promote somebody on the current staff?  Hire Jerrah's favorite wonder kid who McCarthy booted?  

It will all be very interesting.  

I'm somewhat surprised we haven't heard McCarthy met his end already, to be honest.  Somebody is feeding Jerrah some tranquilizers or something, apparently.