Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I guess I can wait one more week to get our coach if it means we can see a little more dirt kicked on Dallas lol

Not me, Not interested in watching other strong candidates commit to other vacancies as we wait to see if he's a good fit and accepts. Not worth it to me just to have the Boys stuck with 1 lower pick. I'm way too impatient

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching Davis Allen, Musgrave, Kraft, Laporta this weekend and Kincaid tomorrow - it keeps bringing home what a missed opportunity from our garbage FO in the last draft 

Yeah I recall reading yours and others takes on the TEs last year and was really hoping we’d grab one or an OL to help out Howell. Very unfortunate 

Ben Johnson is still uno #1 on my list and Slowik #2 but looking at the D (Ben Johnson) has faced tonight and the D that Slowik faced, truth has to be told, Slowik called a MUCH better game.  Ben Johnson needs to put a nice couple of drives together.  Goff and players must execute, I know.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Ben Johnson is still uno #1 on my list and Slowik #2 but looking at the D (Ben Johnson) has faced tonight and the D that Slowik faced, truth has to be told, Slowik called a MUCH better game.  Ben Johnson needs to put a nice couple of drives together.  Goff and players must execute, I know.  

Slovik seems far more sophisticated. Johnson seems more vanilla offensively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Weaver is retained and promoted to DC due to MacDonald being hired as a HC, then Brendan Daley, LB coach for the Chiefs hopefully will get an interview.  Been looking around at other candidates and his bio/resume' is darned good.  

Edited by RWJ

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Yikes. Looks like Raheem Morris and the Rams defense has figured out this Lions offense in the second half. Credit to Raheem for making second half adjustments - the Lions have gotten nothing going

Agreed.  Raheem made the adjustments that Ben Johnson did not.  Still there are better DC out there than Raheem.  Raheem has settled his players down and zeroed in well tonight on the Lion's O.  

55 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Let the ring bearer decide.

• Like 1

That game did not move the needle on Johnson at all for me, might have moved him down a bit. That second half was ugly and if EB walked out of a half with only 12 rushing yards with the two stud running backs and only 3 points people would be calling for his head. Goff missed stuff but they were outschemed in the 2nd half by Morris who made clear adjustments.

Excited to see what Macdonald's defense does next. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

Just now, sjinhan said:

I would say Slowik’s offense seems more dynamic but I will say Goff missed on some throws in the second half.   

Ultimately it does looks like we need to get an OC for HC more than a DC

Slowik called the game of his life against a very good D, no doubt and what you said is true to. The players must perform.  The OC can only call the plays and put he players in the best position to perform.  Ben Johnson has proven over the last couple of years that he's the best, I think.  :)   Slowik is on his tail though and again, if Adam Peters selects Slowik, I support him.  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Slowik called the game of his life against a very good D, no doubt and what you said is true to. The players must perform.  The OC can only call the plays and put he players in the best position to perform.  Ben Johnson has proven over the last couple of years that he's the best, I think.  :)   Slowik is on his tail though and again, if Adam Peters selects Slowik, I support him.  

How is he the best? All the Shanahan tree guys have better offense. 49ers, Rams, Dolphins, Packers, Vikings before Kirk got hurt were better too. Eagles had better offense over the last couple of years as well as Kansas City.  

I think Slowik’s offensive performance was more impressive this weekend. But I’m not going to base my HC decision on offensive success for one game…

Johnson and the Lions have the much higher regular season DVOA.  I also think Johnson has less to work with at QB. 

IMG_8028.png

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think Slowik’s offensive performance was more impressive this weekend. But I’m not going to base my HC decision on offensive success for one game…

Johnson and the Lions have the much higher regular season DVOA.  I also think Johnson has less to work with at QB. 

IMG_8028.png

Johnson has the first overall pick in the draft at QB who previously started in a Super Bowl playing his 8th season versus a rookie QB. I don’t know how it’s reasonable to say Johnson has less to work with at QB. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Johnson has the first overall pick in the draft at QB who previously started in a Super Bowl playing his 8th season versus a rookie QB. I don’t know how it’s reasonable to say Johnson has less to work with at QB. 

Because if there was a league-wide redraft today, every team in the league would take Stroud over Goff… without even needing to take age or contract into account. 

• Thanks 1

Slowik had better numbers but Flacco was a turnover machine handing out gifts while Johnson was in a shot-for-shot slugfest against Boy Wonder McVay and Stafford.

Overall, my preference is still Johnson but these two are my 1A and 1B and I’d be very happy with either one of them.

Since we are about to draft a rookie QB, my strong preference is for an offensive HC over defensive guys, even highly-pedigreed ones like MacDonald.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1