Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who said low energy?  

Wow as a kid growing up I remember Joe Gibbs always giving thanks to the Lord, I noticed in this video that Slowik said he was floored by his name even being mentioned and was thankful to the Lord… hire him immediately… some things don’t come around in life twice… Gibbs was low key and very selfless and looks like Slowik might be of the same mold….

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And red flag might not be the right word.  People like Slowik.  He comes off super nice.  But he's described as a bit boring, low key and not the type who commands a room.  Is that a deal breaker for me?  Nope.  But I am not pretending I never heard it.

This is where I love having Myers. Someone who can look at it from a team building perspective, rather than strictly Xs and Os

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Wouldnt mind pairing Slowik with Maye either. His offense is absolutely lighting up a great Browns D. 

Yeah.  Flacco has a big part of this loss but I’m a little stunned at how the Texans Offense is dominating that Browns D

• Like 1

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Yeah.  Flacco has a big part of this loss but I’m a little stunned at how the Texans Offense is dominating that Browns D

A lot of it is Stroud being elite but the scheme and play calling is fantastic. Very aggressive.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

It's in his name... Slowik!

I am half way through that press conference posted.  It's tough for me to tell via that or the other interviews I watched.  In them, he's bland.  So you can take it either way. 

But I rely some on people who have been around these guys for years.  And the SF reporters I listened to liked him but found him quiet and low key compared to the other coaches there.  And while they thought hey anyone from Kyle's tree can be successful they had that disclaimer of he didn't have the presence to what they saw of a HC.  I somewhat ignored that but then when I heard the same from someone else, forgetting whom, i think it was a national reporter who mentioned hearing that about him -- it was something that stuck in my mind some.

Again not to the extent that I am out on Slowik.  He's my #2.    And heck if I find out they are dead serious about him I'll delve into the dude's personality more and maybe it will change my mind.  But even with that as a pause, he's still my #2, so am intrigued.

Ben Johsnon is my #1.  Everything I've heard about him sings to me.  Most of what i heard about Slowik sings to me.  

According to Mike Jones-Keim as to talking to their sources among the FOs, Ben Johnson is the coordinator that is more coveted by a mile among the offensive guys.  So I suspect Johnson is going to be the harder get.   So lol part of me is resigned to Slowik.   I definitey want him over Quinn, McDonald, Morris.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Wouldnt mind pairing Slowik with Maye either. His offense is absolutely lighting up a great Browns D. 

This is like the Browns got lost in the woods in Deliverance. Slowik is telling Jim Schwartz to squeal like a pig. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Wow as a kid growing up I remember Joe Gibbs always giving thanks to the Lord, I noticed in this video that Slowik said he was floored by his name even being mentioned and was thankful to the Lord… hire him immediately… some things don’t come around in life twice… Gibbs was low key and very selfless and looks like Slowik might be of the same mold….

Gibbs was a leader of men on sterioids.   Plenty of head coaches who are religious.   Gibbs was followed by one in his 2nd stint -- Zorn.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Of course we don’t know what they think.

But it’s rare for a draft to have multiple hyped QBs (the buzz is NFL teams believe it’s one of the better drafts for QB) and a team is picking top 2 and needs a QB and they trade down and blow off the opportunity. 

If this team ends up one of the rare teams to do it and it blows up on their face I don’t think Peters would be long for this job.

I think almost zero chance it happens but will see.

The idea of blowing off the opportunity to get a QB in this draft is a narrative for a small but vocal group of fans. But aside from that I don’t think it’s going to be something in play in reality but will see 

Maybe that helps explain why they were stupid enough to use an early day 2 pick on a rb a year after stealing an absolute monster of a rb with an early day 2 pick. Top about grand mal stupidity in terms of asset management (with draft capital). You already hit a grand slam with Kenneth Walker, your team has needs all over the place and you take Charbonnet? Whose not as good as Walker to begin with? Whoever approved should have been fired instantly. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Gibbs was a leader of men on sterioids.   Plenty of head coaches who are religious.   Gibbs was followed by one in his 2nd stint -- Zorn.

What, ThatNFLChick posted is good!  I really like it.  Like you, HC wise, I am Ben Johnson #1 and then Slowik #2, at this time.  My #1 choice on D is and always will be MacDonald. I can't stress that enough.  

I've said it a couple times today on the board but Slowik is moving to the top of my list and it's not just because of today's game.  I don't think he's low energy or low key but more so humble. The way he carries himself and speaks you can tell he has many leadership skills, on top of the system he's built for Stroud. My personal wish list is to see him paired up with Maye with a solid defensive coordinator 

• Thumb down 2

13 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is where I love having Myers. Someone who can look at it from a team building perspective, rather than strictly Xs and Os

Yeah me too.  lol, I don't pretend to be an expert on Slowik's personality.  I just don't like to go head over heals over prospects while ignoring the disclaimers, too with some clear exceptions like Peters.  :ols: 

I used to do that.  I can relate to the thought.  It's much more fun to dive in and bask.   But as I get older and more cynical I try to remember the warnings :ols: mainly because more often than I'd like the warnings become relevant later.

But I used to hate it when people rained on my parade.  I still do.  So not trying to steal the thunder for those who are basking in the glory of Slowik being the HC.  I am just going on the record of why he's #2 for me and not #1.

But ultimately, who knows, maybe Slowik's personality detractors are wrong and Slowik just wows and charms the pants off of Peters in the interview.  Peters in particular should know Slowik well.  So whatever they do I'll endorse.  There really isn't one HC prospect that they could hire who would piss me off.

My top 3

1.  Ben Johnson

2. Bobby Slowik

3. Mike McDonald -- I know he's defense but what a killer scheme

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He truly was. I’ve heard countless players talk about how they’d run thru a wall for Gibbs. Hell I’d run thru a wall for coach Gibbs and I’ve never met the man.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gibbs was a leader of men on sterioids.  

I remember Charles Mann doing an interview and he was talking about Gibbs.  You know how it was said that during Gibbs run you could be coming up against a 2-12 team but according to him they were the most dangerous 2-12 team in the league?  Well, Mann was talking about how Gibbs got into your head, because someone asked you about that game and you were halfway through your answer before you realized you were giving his take

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And red flag might not be the right word.  People like Slowik.  He comes off super nice.  But he's described as a bit boring, low key and not the type who commands a room.  Is that a deal breaker for me?  Nope.  But I am not pretending I never heard it.

Somehow I could see the same description being used for JJG. In fact the presser clip posted above his demeanor  kinda reminds me of Gibbs. I could see Slovik slippin in a few "super smart" and "fought their gut out" in his interviews. Winners can lead by example. And I'm usually a rah-rah fiery coach guy.

((but if he loses the team I could see DeSean giving him a purple nurple as well lol)

10 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Gibbs was not low key. Ask anyone how he felt about Buddy Ryan. Gibbs hated Ryan and was fired up to beat them in the 90 wild card round. He had a temper.

Ask Steve Buckhantz if Gibbs was low key

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My top 3

1.  Ben Johnson

2. Bobby Slowik

3. Mike McDonald -- I know he's defense but what a killer scheme

Your list is the same as mine just in a different order with Slowik #1 and Johnson #2 but I wouldn't cry either way and I totally agree that McDonald would be a very intriguing hire. Let's say we did hire McDonald who would be your choice for offensive coordinator??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

What, ThatNFLChick posted is good!  I really like it.  Like you, HC wise, I am Ben Johnson #1 and then Slowik #2, at this time.  My #1 choice on D is and always will be MacDonald. I can't stress that enough.  

Ah oh we have the same top 3 and in the same order

giphy.gif

• Haha 2