Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

He really is on fire and I'm not advocating for any particular guy because I like a lot of them.  One thing Pioli mentioned as a guest with Hoffman was GM and head coach really have to be in lockstep, moving in the same direction.  They are around each other more than their wives and family.

The similarities between both are that they completely get most out of their QBs.  Ben J. with Goff and really changed his career as it was going South before, he transformed his game and B. Slowik with rookie, Stroud.  

7 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

i will be happy with either Slowik or Johnson.

really interesting to find out what they think of Howell

That's a concern that I have and don't know how Slowik will look at things.  Ben J. changed/transformed Goff's career and he might be able to with Howell.  Does Slowik see it the same way?  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My list:

Ben Johnson

Bobby Slowik.

Totally uninterested in any defensive candidates.

My worry about Slowik is Brandon Staley. Yes he was a defensive guy, but he was a 1-yr coordinator and failed spectacularly as a head coach. 

Id hate to pass on the next Tomlin because we “need” an offensive guy, only to end up with the next Norv Turner.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

The similarities between both are that they completely get most out of their QBs.  Ben J. with Goff and really changed his career as it was going South before, he transformed his game and B. Slowik with rookie, Stroud.  

The level Slowik has Stroud playing as a rookie is impressive. I also like the fact he was on the Shanahan staff here. I would be good with either but Johnson has never developed a rookie QB and Slovik is putting on a masterclass on how to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

My worry about Slowik is Brandon Staley. Yes he was a defensive guy, but he was a 1-yr coordinator and failed spectacularly as a head coach. 

Id hate to pass on the next Tomlin because we “need” an offensive guy, only to end up with the next Norv Turner.

Normally I would have a similar thought process. But with a rookie QB I want our HC and QB to be paired. Don’t want the rookie getting a new OC every year or two.

To be clear, Ben Johnson has been my #1 for months.

Slowik is a distance #2

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

They just said on the half time show that Mike Tomlin will evaluate his future at the end of the season, obviously could mean absolutely nothing but if he decides to move on then surely we’d be sounding it out at least.

He still has a year on his contract. Would require compensation.

John Feinstein said the other day on the Junkies that he would trade the #2 overall pick for him. He wasn’t joking

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think you have to take the chance. Imagine the scenario where we hire a defensive HC and we do see immediate success like the Texans.  We could potentially get our OCs poached year after year and have our young QB need to learn a new offense each year. 

John Feinstein said the other day on the Junkies that he would trade the #2 overall pick for him. He wasn’t joking

As entertaining as Feinstein is, I always take what he says with a large amount of salt

The only thing Tomlin does for me is he allows his Coordinators do their jobs…. Other then that I want no parts of Mike Tomlin here as HC… that is so much a Dan Snyder hire… and Feinstein is out of his mind… their isn’t any HC I’d trade a draft pick for yet alone the #2 over all pick… that’s insane talk specially for Tomlin 

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My list:

Ben Johnson

Bobby Slowik.

Totally uninterested in any defensive candidates.

My top 2 as well.

Slowik is behind Johnson for me  because he’s described as low key and not a leader of men type but I’d risk it for the play calling 

If we go defense Id prefer McDonald but much prefer offense 

• Like 2

I have a couple fears with Slowik.  One is he is a first year coordinator. The other is we are all assuming he did a master full job with Stroud. Could be Stroud is just a stud that he didn’t screw up.  With Johnson we know he maximized a player who was traded away by the team that drafted him. 

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think you have to take the chance. Imagine the scenario where we hire a defensive HC and we do see immediate success like the Texans.  We could potentially get our OCs poached year after year and have our young QB need to learn a new offense each year. 

When Peters and advisors sit down to eval they will know who a good game caller is (HC) but also a leader of men and the team.  That is my hope!  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

When Peters and advisors sit down to eval they will know who a good game caller is (HC) but also a leader of men and the team.  That is my hope!  

Peters worked with Slovik for 6 years in SF. He doesn’t need a formal interview to understand who he is.