Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I'm having patience with all this. To me, this isn't as stressful and unsettling as it was when we were waiting for word that the previous owner sold the team. This is a walk in the park compared to that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So, after tonight they will have interviewed five candidates for the head of football ops job in person.

Adam Peters - Assistant GM, 49ers

Ian Cunningham - Assistant GM, Bears

Alec Halaby -  Assistant GM, Eagles

Glenn Cook - Assistant GM, Browns 

Mike Borgonzi - Assistant GM, Chiefs

As far as we know, that is everyone that they plan on interviewing.  Since we have been told that they intend to move fast, I would assume that they will be making an offer to someone either tonight, or tomorrow morning.  We should get a hire before Saturday I would think.

I think I'm like everyone else here and would say Peter's is at the top of my list,  but if we strike out with him that's still a solid list of candidates and I'd be happy with any of them. Also just reading through the tea leaves of that article it sounds like Mayhew and Hurney is done once we get our guy/guys.

1 minute ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Also just reading through the tea leaves of that article it sounds like Mayhew and Hurney is done once we get our guy/guys.

I think Harris want's to leave the decision of Mayhew and Hurney up to the next HOFO. He is the anti previous owner and doesn't want to come off as meddling. I like his style.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Carroll is staying on in an "advisory role". This sounds like a retirement to me more than anything else. 

It’s really a firing.  Carroll has said this parting was more on the team.

The advising gig is just to save face but in reality the team told him, he’s done coaching.

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

Interesting note there about the exact format of these first round of interviews. Don’t personally have a takeaway about it other than it’s an interesting detail. 

What’s that?  From the WP article?  It’s behind a paywall for me.

30 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

more like droppings.  can everyone tell we are dying for some VPOFO/GM news?  thought I'll go back and forth on music/movies/pop culture all day long.  

Hopefully we hear by Friday of a hire and then onto the HCs after the playoff games this weekend.

I'm with you there!  

One thing I'm looking for in a HOFO/GM is not only being a good draft evaluator but someone who excels at choosing the right free agents. That's an art that has been lost on the Commanders for a very long time.

• Like 4

I got a notification today that the commanders are going to focus on the defensive side of the ball and/or Harbaugh.

Going to guess that notification was non sense.

It’s also the polar opposite of what should be done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Come on now. They've been around since the 30's. Are you telling me that Noll coached them for almost 60 seasons? :ols:

Ok, 3 coaches in the SB era.  

Knoll 1969-1991

Cowher 1992-2006

Tomlin 2006-2024

Amazingly, Cowher is the shortest tenure at 14 seasons. You 

My updated coaching predictions 

Titans  -Dan Quinn 

Panthers -Brian Johnson 

Commanders -Slowik 

Seahawks - Ben Johnson 

Raiders -Vrabel 

Falcons- Macdonald 

Chargers - Harbaugh 

update. 

Edited by Commander202
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

My updated coaching predictions 

Titans  -Dan Quinn 

Panthers -Brian Johnson 

Commanders -Macdonald 

Seahawks - Ben Johnson 

Raiders -Vrabel 

Falcons- Slowik 

Chargers - Harbaugh 

Macdonald is a hell of a coach. But I will be pissed watching OC's get poached under him and having no offensive continuity because of it. Look at the Texans right now. They are going to lose the guy who got their rookie qb to the playoffs. They are going to lose him AFTER ONE SEASON. Lets see what that does to Stroud next year.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Macdonald is a hell of a coach. But I will be pissed watching OC's get poached under him and having no offensive continuity because of it. Look at the Texans right now. They are going to lose the guy who got their rookie qb to the playoffs. They are going to lose him AFTER ONE SEASON. Lets see what that does to Stroud next year.

Actually

gonna change it

think Slowik might be the guy, instead only because he may have some relation with Peters when he was in SF.

4 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Adam Peters and Ben Johnson.  The two most exciting guys with the most boring, generic names.

It sounds like I'm in the minority on this, but with all these strong, proven head coaching candidates on the market (e.g. Harbaugh, Vrabel), I'd prefer we hire one of them over Ben Johnson.  Three year ago the Falcons hired THE red hot OC in Arthur Smith.  He interviewed everywhere.  They fired him three days ago.

You never know what you're getting when promoting coordinators.

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I would love a Peter’s and Johnson combo…….

She said or he, I’m not here to judge

Could you imagine pairing the Peters, Johnson group with Penix?

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 5