Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I cant see Harris forcing a coordinator on whoever his new Head Coach will be. In fact I dont see any respectable head coach taking the job if Harris even tried. 

I can’t see a new HC wanting EB around to be honest.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

He's not sticking around.  Was there a report that he could?  Harris basically said he's answering the mail until he's fired when they get a new HOFO and HC.  

No just an earlier comment in this thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm thinking about something Lynnell was pointing out on overtime last night. 6 of the 8 candidates at the time are defensive guys. Regardless of how I or fans feel about EB, I wonder if Harris is thinking of keeping him as OC. 

Maybe they're putting more of this year's problems in Howell than EB. 

I just don’t see that happening. Rivera gave EB so much control: practice schedule, things like that. 

Hiring a DC to HC will mean he has to give up that control, and what if he doesn’t want to do that. Or EB is not the guy Macdonald, Weaver, Quinn, or Morris wants? 

That smells like the Snyder way of doing things. Cant see it.

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

It's also why I don't subscribe to the "they didn't have help" excuse for Howell and some other QBs. CJ Stroud made the Texans offensive players better. He BARELY had a run game at all, people knew they were going to pass the ball and look at what he still was able to get out of Nico Collins, Tank Dell and Noah Brown.

They have a nice D. nice Rookie LB and OL is Pretty good too, a capable not great RB who came on as the season went excellent Coaches.  All 3 of those WR's are very good even with Tank Dell going down, most teams wish they had them, Stroud is the Man he makes the team better, maybe the best QB taken since Mahomes?  One more good draft for them and....?  No way Howell is playing with the same deck of cards though. He does have a better RB than Houston. Also was not picked 3rd. in the draft.  

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Can you copy the text for those who dont want to pay for a subscription?

Well, I was actually just talking about this chart:

AM_1-768x549-1.png.aca4d782475554264a0c77a9b8fc505b.png

I also don't have a sub so I don't have the article text 😛

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I can’t see a new HC wanting EB around to be honest.

After what EB just did to Howell, with the chances we're going to pick another QB at #2, there's absolutely no way any HOFO or HC is going to want to put EB in charge of developing another Washington QB.

He needs to go where there's an established QB.  

And my guess is he can't wait to leave.  

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

No just an earlier comment in this thread.

So just as much authority as Florio.  

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

We’re gonna have someone hired by Thursday aren’t we. 

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I think it's this weekend or early next week.  Even if they have their guy, I think they're going to be thorough, and talk to 4 or 5 people.  You can probably do 1-2 a day.  

Also, I'm not entirely sure what the protocol is for HIRING somebody who's team is still in the playoffs.  If they want one of these guys who's team is still playing, I'd assume they'd want to finish out the season first.  They might reach an agreement, but I'm not sure if that agreement will be public.  Again, I don't know this.  It might be in the stuff which Nicki J. tweeted, I haven't looked.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Vrabel really is a coach I’d have always loved here. We’re probably in a different space now with Harris and Co whereby it’s fresh blood we need, up and coming HC prospects. But Vrabel is a bloody good HC, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Vrabel really is a coach I’d have always loved here. We’re probably in a different space now with Harris and Co whereby it’s fresh blood we need, up and coming HC prospects. But Vrabel is a bloody good HC, in my opinion.

I agree...he'd be a very good get. 

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Best tank ever. Tons of draft capital in a very talent filled draft, number 2 pick, a stacked coaching roster to choose from and a ton of cap space. Ron sucking so badly was the best thing that could happen to this organization. And the timing is just perfect.

• Like 6

EB probably came here thinking he'd be the next guy up, and Snyder probably suggested it to him. That's the sort of operation we were running. I guess he wasn't expecting Snyder to be jettisoned and that a more competent owner would take over and blow his plans out of the water.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I agree. Great leader. But I was poking around on the Titans forum earlier and the overwhelming majority of their fans are glad to see him go. They say he refused to bring their offense into the modern times. And he was very hard to work with. Wanted all of the power. I think we should pass after reading over there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree. Great leader. But I was poking around on the Titans forum earlier and the overwhelming majority of their fans are glad to see him go. They say he refused to bring their offense into the modern times. And he was very hard to work with. Wanted all of the power. I think we should pass after reading over there.

Yep, I’m ready for something different/new. 

25 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm thinking about something Lynnell was pointing out on overtime last night. 6 of the 8 candidates at the time are defensive guys. Regardless of how I or fans feel about EB, I wonder if Harris is thinking of keeping him as OC. 

Maybe they're putting more of this year's problems in Howell than EB. 

No, there just aren’t a lot of hot offensive HC candidates right now. Probably because like half the league has the HC calling the offensive plays or at least designing the offense, as is the latest trend. 

So even if Ben Johnson is hypothetically the best or hottest HC candidate, there’s a backlog of defensive guys waiting their turn because of recent trends. So defensive guys overall outweigh the offensive guys on the list. 

• Thumb up 1

56 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

It's also why I don't subscribe to the "they didn't have help" excuse for Howell and some other QBs. CJ Stroud made the Texans offensive players better. He BARELY had a run game at all, people knew they were going to pass the ball and look at what he still was able to get out of Nico Collins, Tank Dell and Noah Brown.

Obviously Stroud > Howell but the Texans have infinitely better coaching and ran the ball about 100 more times than EB did.  They didn’t have help excuses can be very legit.  

Which is why it’s imperative and looks very likely, we’ll have a top notch front office and coach that brings the help.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Josh Harris sets meetings with GM candidates which is standard protocol for teams with regime change.

ES: We have the greatest owner ever!! He’s really thought this thing through!! 😆😆

We are starved for some good fortune around here. I think we get it. Hire Peters and let’s do this. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Josh Harris sets meetings with GM candidates which is standard protocol for teams with regime change.

ES: We have the greatest owner ever!! He’s really thought this thing through!! 😆😆

We are starved for some good fortune around here. I think we get it. Hire Peter’s and let’s do this. 

Haha.  Just the standard good process is a huge improvement.  Imagine what will happen if the GM/HC are actually good at their jobs!  Whoa!  I can handle it!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1