Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

With The Warrior dude hired could Ian Cunningham be a favorite?  Cunningham's Dad was well known throughout the NBA.  Ian could lead to Baltimore or Philthy.  Baltimore, I hope.  

Spielman's brother Chris is with the Detroit Lions as CEO.  Interesting connection to Ben Johnson.

Plus...

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Of course it's a busy day at work and I'll have limited access to the board. Ya'll keep the good news and juicy rumors coming!!!!

I heard Josh Harris was elbow dropping fired coaches from the tops of the lockers.

Just a rumor tho. Take it w/ a grain of salt.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The evaluation will take 4 seconds and they will be out the door.  

They need people to come into the office and pick up the phone and keep the paper moving from one side of the desk to the other.  College scouting is ongoing, so they need people to make sure the scouts turn in their reports, everything is reviewed, etc. etc. etc.

There is a lot of work to do and most likely we won't have a Head of Football Ops/Head Coach until after the superbowl.  You can't shut down operations for 2 months while you search for new people.

But sure as the sun rises in the east, Martin and Marty will be replaced.  But they need to find the new boss first, and they need somebody to work the mail room, which is essentially what they are doing until they are replaced.

So everybody who's all of a sudden gotten tense, just relax.  Trust the process.  (See what I did there?)

It's amazing that JP Finlay, Albert Breer, me, you, etc. have had to make this point over and over this morning as if it wasn't said in the tweets and leaks before. This is all VERY GOOD and WELCOME news if you are curious about how the process for hiring the GM and coaches will go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Redwards said:

This is great, but is anyone else a bit worried that there's zero mention of a GM?

I'm worried a little that both Martins are being retained through the hiring process of the new Head of Football Ops and Head Coach.  Then those two new hires will determine the fate of both Martins.  Isn't this a little backwards?  Shouldn't we be looking for a new Head of Football Ops and GM BEFORE hiring the coach?  I'm not so sure I like the sound of this.  Certainly not the order that I was expecting....

Did you see our recent draft classes? Those dudes are gone, just a matter of time.

I think you got to do both at the same time. We need a new coach and if we wait for a GM first, the good coaches will be gone by then. No one is waiting for a chance to interview here when they have other contracts on the table. So if we don't want to waste another year, we cannot simply ignore one position for now. I would assume you hire outside counsel to make sure, that you hire a tandem of GM and HC that works well together.

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I heard Josh Harris was elbow dropping fired coaches from the tops of the lockers.

That's the **** I wanna see in here when I get off work tonight 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wonder if he'll take questions?  One question I have after reading the press release is whether the Head of Football Ops is choosing the head coach or if he is.  The press release makes it sound like he is (and if Myers reached out to Yee before a new Head of Football Ops is in place).  Not sure if that matters, but seems counter to the hire the GM and let the GM hire the coach thought process.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Harbaugh is not my favorite option. I was a little afraid they might go bigger name like him...

The Twitter Sport Reporters are going to be fighting to be first on all reports for us click bait hungry readers.  

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Great post, SIP.  Good stuff! :) 

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Spielman's brother Chris is with the Detroit Lions as CEO.  Interesting connection to Ben Johnson.

Plus...

Great posts by you too, HigSkin.  You and SIP, the best!  :)  Also, Ian Cunningham, I think can be included in that bunch especially with Ian's Dad in the NBA. Ian was with Baltimore so I am hoping MacD. or Johnson.  Personally, Mac for me.  :)  

• Like 3

Just now, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Fitting gif considering Shane McMahon was (is?) management. 

I mean, if what you're saying is we should really have the Corporate Ministry running this Coach search...

corporate-ministry-vince-mc-mahon.gif

1 minute ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Josh Harris crucifying Ron Rivera? OK, we've probably taken this WWF talk about as far as it should go here. 

the-undertaker-stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

What's with all this fake WWF wrestling crap? 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I'm laughing at the WWE memes, but Someone needs to take a picture macho man flying off the rope with an elbow put harris head on it, then have the poster child of our woes this season, JDR on the mat being the target.  I don't care if this actually happened, a MEME is good enough for me ;)

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

you take it back! 

None who saw the blood of the hard core stuff could say it was fake, there were real injuries.  OUtcomes might have been scripted or left up to the two to agree on, but its still very much a hard knocks kind of event.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd love Harbaugh. He can turn things around fast. It seems that Harris wants to emulate the Ravens, what better way than to hire their coach's brother?  Plus the brother Beltway rivalry would add some buzz.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

Am I correct the coaching staff has not been let go yet?

I'm assuming their contracts either expire this year or some have overlap and the new Staff will choose who stays and who goes. Guys like EB will expire soon.

Hopefully they all go. 

• Thanks 1