Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Czaban put this ranking out on Twitter as worst to best coaches under Dan:

From an expectations POV, I don't see how Shanny isn't up there with Riv as most disappointing. Czabe defends Shanny because he drafted Kirk (who has done zero with the Vikings). Yes, Mike was hamstrung by the Mara encouraged cap.penalty, but his first two years before that were forgettable, and of course his last season was a disaster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Czaban put this ranking out on Twitter as worst to best coaches under Dan:

From an expectations POV, I don't see how Shanny isn't up there with Riv as most disappointing. Czabe defends Shanny because he drafted Kirk (who has done zero with the Vikings). Yes, Mike was hamstrung by the Mara encouraged cap.penalty, but his first two years before that were forgettable, and of course his last season was a disaster.

Shanahan tried to pass off John Beck as a starting NFL QB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Shanahan tried to pass off John Beck as a starting NFL QB.

Shannahan lied about John Beck cause he had no choice. He knew what the **** he was doing, though. Dude hired like 6 head coaches, drafted 2 franchise QBs and revolutionized offense in the NFL with his zone read system. If it wasn’t for Snyder he wouldn’t even be on this list AND we would have Kirk/Kyle running the show and he would probably be the GM. We had it all right there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Way more optimistic on it then I am.

Jamin likely gone, means at least half Rivera 1st round picks could be gone less then a year.

I figured him gaining weight would be talked about by now, maybe that's an offseason thing. 

He can't stay at that weight and stay on this team, can put that money to better use.

Not sure what you’re getting at with his weight? Didn’t seem like a major issue as some suspected.  He tackled as well as Deion ever did if not better.  But like I said, the dude can cover at an NFL level, he’s at least decent if not good.  And, he’s under contract. This was his rookie year, he played well enough to be on the roster next training camp. Don’t see him getting cut either…

As far as Jamin, he’s solid, and this will be year 4 I believe. He too is an NFL backer, he can play. He’s not All-pro, but he’s definitely an NFL starter. If he balls next year, you pick up his 5th year option, if not he leaves via FA (or pay him) and we get a comp pick. 

We should all be expecting a new coaching staff to come in and be competent and “coach em up.” Then we can see who goes and who stays…

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

For me, the most infuriating thing about Forbes is all the accolades about his incredible hands and ballhawk capabilities. I have seen balls hit his hands, that even my outta shape, fat rear end could easily catch. And he friggin dropped almost every single one of them! It's mind-blowing. My jaw just hits the ground like wth, is that not supposed to be his specialty?? 

His ball skills suck. Hes always stumbling and looks lost with the ball in the air.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Gotta give Harris credit. He was a man of his word about not firing Rivera during the season. He could have justifiably done it weeks ago. Makes a good impression on future GM's/Coaches. 

Love what Harris has done so far . The fan experience of things go well should be amazing come September.. Pretty sure Harris and company will try to improve fed ex field 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Shannahan lied about John Beck cause he had no choice. He knew what the **** he was doing, though. Dude hired like 6 head coaches, drafted 2 franchise QBs and revolutionized offense in the NFL with his zone read system. If it wasn’t for Snyder he wouldn’t even be on this list AND we would have Kirk/Kyle running the show and he would probably be the GM. We had it all right there. 

I have to agree , as much as I think shanahan was overrated , the fact is he wanted Russel Wilson which could have changed our franchise . Mike shanahan was the perfect blue print coach for us and we messed it up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

Not sure what you’re getting at with his weight? Didn’t seem like a major issue as some suspected.  He tackled as well as Deion ever did if not better.  But like I said, the dude can cover at an NFL, he’s at least decent if not good.  And, he’s under contract. This was his rookie year, he played well enough to be on the roster next training camp. Don’t see him getting cut either…

As far as Jamin, he’s solid, and this will be year 4 I believe. He too is an NFL backer, he can play. He’s not All-pro, but he’s definitely an NFL starter. If he balls next year, you pick up his 5th year option, if not he leaves via FA (or pay him) and we get a comp pick. 

We should all be expecting a new coaching staff to come in and be competent and “coach em up.” Then we can see who goes and who stays…

I can't get jiggy with the Forbes cover love..

You got PFF scores or something to back him up?  Players patting him in the head when he got burned one time, they know he's a rookie, but damn.

Jamin get into too much ****, he was racing Everret the day his GF died in that car crash and has his own speeding tickets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/12/29/stjuste-davis-everett-wrongful-death/

Want a real culture change, you get folks like that outta here.

5 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

I have to agree , as much as I think shanahan was overrated , the fact is he wanted Russel Wilson which could have changed our franchise . Mike shanahan was the perfect blue print coach for us and we messed it up. 

Of course he did. Because he told us so. But he couldn't take him, because we had RG3. I mean, he could take Cousins in the 4th. But the guy he really wanted in the 3rd? No way he could do that. I mean, he wouldn't have been able to take Josh Leribeus if he had done that. Obviously that's a no, passing on that stud just to take the QB you know is going to be a star. 

Poor Mike. Every bad move we made he was against. And he wanted to make all these moves that would have been brilliant but couldn't. What a freaking shame. 

It's weird, because two franchises in a row he said he was a running things on had horrible drafting records. But Shanahan knew who every great player would be. 

Poor Mike. Our own Cassandra. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Having worked for Snyder is like having the ultimate get out of jail free card for coaches. They can practically blame everything on Dan and the league would give them the benefit of the doubt. If I were Ron, I'd use the card to secure a top-flight coordinator position or a HC gig in college.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can't get jiggy with the Forbes cover love..

You got PFF scores or something to back him up?  Players patting him in the head when he got burned one time, they know he's a rookie, but damn.

Jamin get into too much ****, he was racing Everret the day his GF died in that car crash and has his own speeding tickets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/12/29/stjuste-davis-everett-wrongful-death/

Want a real culture change, you get folks like that outta here.

I’m not giving him “love,” I just don’t agree with the sentiment that he’s a complete bust that needs to be cut next week which your implying, disregarding what average ability he does have within the NFL contract landscape. You don’t like the guy but he CAN play. You could do a lot worse at corner in the NFL than Forbes. 

Not sure of your beef with Jamin either. He’s the same guy as Forbes at linebacker, he’s average with speed. Again under contract, he’s coming back.  His bad choice 2 years ago while irresponsible, today is irrelevant. 

To me, you’re pining for a new front office to repeat what Ron did, which i hate. Which is to create more holes and then spend capital on it, e.g. cutting Morgan Moses and drafting Sam Cosmi to replace him. What a dumbass decision. A move like that doesn’t make the roster any better.  Wasted a pick when we had more pressing needs… 

3 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

Damn, Atlanta wasted no time.

I said the 3 teams who didn’t make the playoff in the NFC South would fire their coaches. Carolina and Atlanta followed through.  

Im not so sure about New Orleans now.  They came on late, it was Carr’s first year… they might stick it out with Dennis Allen. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PigskinRedskin said:

No, nor can we but we can't rush the process.  I still go back to Joe Hortiz and his 20 something years with the team, Ozzie and being around that atmosphere.  He seems to the dude, to me.  Then you add a young DC like MacDonald whom I think of Shula when it comes to coaching, I think it's the best pair but Keim has given it a verbal of "rumors" when someone tweeted him on it.  Whomever gets the MacDonald will succeed.  He's 36 and ready for a 15–20-year coaching career if successful and I expect him to be.  His players love him and Hortiz knows how to structure, manage and bring a winning culture to a team that hires him too.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I said the 3 teams who didn’t make the playoff in the NFC South would fire their coaches. Carolina and Atlanta followed through.  

Im not so sure about New Orleans now.  They came on late, it was Carr’s first year… they might stick it out with Dennis Allen. 

It doesn't matter in New Orleans. That team is married to mediocrity. $70 mil over the cap and they couldn't even make much space by releasing players. They just keep reinitiating, pushing cap into the future to hang on for another year. 

That is a middle of the pack team whose only goal is to try not to get much worse from year to year. 

That's a loser franchise right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It doesn't matter in New Orleans. That team is married to mediocrity. $70 mil over the cap and they couldn't even make much space by releasing players. They just keep reinitiating, pushing cap into the future to hang on for another year. 

That is a middle of the pack team whose only goal is to try not to get much worse from year to year. 

That's a loser franchise right now. 

Agreed.  But still, if open it’s another opening. 

Also, for teams who go defensive minded HC, Dennis Allen might be an OC candidate… (if memory serves, he’s the defacto OC in New Orleans. But I might be mixing him up with somebody .

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Agreed.  But still, if open it’s another opening. 

Also, for teams who go defensive minded HC, Dennis Allen might be an OC candidate… (if memory serves, he’s the defacto OC in New Orleans. But I might be mixing him up with somebody .

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing or anything. I just think that organization is a joke right now. A new coach would be shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. Go ahead and get a new coach. Your ceiling is still about9-8 and you have no plan for a future. 

4 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

I’m not giving him “love,” I just don’t agree with the sentiment that he’s a complete bust that needs to be cut next week which your implying, disregarding what average ability he does have within the NFL contract landscape. You don’t like the guy but he CAN play. You could do a lot worse at corner in the NFL than Forbes. 

Not sure of your beef with Jamin either. He’s the same guy as Forbes at linebacker, he’s average with speed. Again under contract, he’s coming back.  His bad choice 2 years ago while irresponsible, today is irrelevant. 

To me, you’re pining for a new front office to repeat what Ron did, which i hate. Which is to create more holes and then spend capital on it, e.g. cutting Morgan Moses and drafting Sam Cosmi to replace him. What a dumbass decision. A move like that doesn’t make the roster any better.  Wasted a pick when we had more pressing needs… 

We jus disagree on Forbes being decent in coverage, I don't see PFF or other posters saying differently, jus you:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/emmanuel-forbes/124166

I don't have beef with Jamin, he keeps getting in trouble, and what I'd like in a culture change is less patience for that.  Comes across as enabling.

How many holes do you want to avoid creating on the arguably the worst defense in this franchise history?  Keeping the band together is exactly what Ron would do.

5 hours ago, Commander202 said:

Moral of the story is we just couldn't have nice things with you know who owning the team 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, PigskinRedskin said:

Their DC is a young under the radar stud who did an impressive job this year. He is a guy who the next HC should interview for the DC gig assuming that guys is not Macdonald

Their roster is also prime for plundering as a new staff is not going to be loyal to any of those guys. I would definitely inquire about Pitts, London, Landman and Robinson

6 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

You could do a lot worse at corner in the NFL than Forbes. 

Define “a lot worse”.  Sure, maybe a handful of guys are ranked lower than him - but he’s been an absolute tragedy.  I don’t think we can afford to cut him, but I have zero hope he’s going to be a player in this league.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thumb up 2