Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

51 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So is the Iran bombing a false flag or an Israeli attack, or someone else? It seems pretty risky even for Israel…

not sure what to make of it, but it doesn’t read like anything Israel would do. If a munitions or drone factory was hit, I could see it. If a targeted official linked to Hamas was killed I could buy that. The news out Iran reads like text book terrorism though. No goal other than to hit civilians via hidden bombs. Weird.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Midnight Judges said:

Looks like there aren't too many Republicans here these days. Did they all run off to truth social or whatever? 

We have some long timers here who have either abandoned the party, at least for the time being, or have little positive to highlight about the GOP in these maga days. A handful of regs are permanently ex-gop but haven't become Dems either, and of course there's a few independents (who also find it hard to turn right very often even with all the flaws on the left wing of our political dodo burd) and a few semi-libertarians.

As for past right-wing champions that you might remember, like Sarge and Air Force Cane and numerous others from back then, most migrated to the BGO site. That site however ended closing down political discussion entirely. So I imagine they flowed to the flood of maga sites who would cocoon them.

Outside of the occasional drive-by, we don't have any maga types actively posting in the political threads.

Some blame this on the Orkin man.

☠️🇺🇸🤡👹

In the stadium of course we only discuss Commanders football which is not only our prime reason for existence but also a safe space for everyone.

😇

As long as they follow the rules. 💩

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

We have some long timers here who have either abandoned the party, at least for the time being, or have little positive to highlight about the GOP in these maga days. A handful of regs are permanently ex-gop but haven't become Dems either, and of course there's a few independents (who also find it hard to turn right very often even with all the flaws on the left wing of our political dodo burd) and a few semi-libertarians.

As for past right-wing champions that you might remember, like Sarge and Air Force Cane and numerous others from back then, most migrated to the BGO site. That site however ended closing down political discussion entirely. So I imagine they flowed to the flood of maga sites who would cocoon them.

Outside of the occasional drive-by, we don't have any maga types actively posting in the political threads.

Some blame this on the Orkin man.

☠️🇺🇸🤡👹

In the stadium of course we only discuss Commanders football which is not only our prime reason for existence but also a safe space for everyone.

😇

As long as they follow the rules. 💩

Yeah I remember Sarge and Air Force Cane - they were hardcore Bush supporters, gung ho on the Iraq war back when I was here. 

Most Republicans these days seem to be claiming Biden is the real war monger, which I find hilarious. Almost all the ones I know have disowned Bush and act like they never supported him. 

There were a bunch of other conservatives, like Techboy, AsburySkins, Mass-something or other, Mike something - I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. 

There was a progressive guy named Predicto and Larry and some other regular left leaners. Looks like some are still around, so that's cool. 

I remember you too. You been a mod here like 20 years or something like that? 

Edited by Midnight Judges
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

past right-wing champions that you might remember, like Sarge and Air Force Cane and numerous others from back then, most migrated to the BGO site. That site however ended closing down political discussion entirely. So I imagine they flowed to the flood of maga sites who would cocoon them

Would a "what happened to that poster" thread be a good idea? I know I wonder about some.

• Thumb up 3

3 minutes ago, Midnight Judges said:

I remember you too. You been a mod here like 20 years or something like that? 

There's no reason to get nasty. 😛

Actually, I've found this gig to be both an ancillary education to my (now retired) behavioral science profession and a wonderful environment to practice my amateur (unpaid) comedic talents.  

Plus football!!!!!! 😃

(And communicating with a diverse bunch of absolutely interesting, funny, and intelligent people* that I wouldn't be exposed to otherwise)

*I even include TryTheBeal. :evil:

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 12/17/2023 at 11:57 AM, Fergasun said:

Right now the Palestinians don't have freedom. Not just "oh we want freedom to attack Israel".  And both sides have extreme factions with probably implied support (settlers vs. Hamas).  I think the American media downplays "Zionism" (not sure how to express slow Israel expansion) and amplifies terrorism/Hamas.

They certainly do, although Hamas truly is a terrorist organization. 

Unfortunately, Israel's prime minister has made a career of propping UP Hamas (yes you read that right) because he knows Hamas is bad for the Palestinian cause. So Netanyahu actively promotes Hamas over the more moderate Palestinians because he knows that is good for Israel's international standing by comparison. 

I've noticed a lot of people in the media acting like Israeli's don't agree with Netanyahu's tactics. That's bs. They've elected him six times now. In the most recent election Netanyahu amped up his militant and racist remarks and GAINED in the subsequent polls.

Another area of confusion coming from the media and congress is this insane idea that support for Israel = not racist, whereas being critical of Israel and the concept of a religious ethno-state = anti-semetic. In fact congress passed a resolution saying something like that and it passed easily. Of course, in the real world many Jewish people opposed the creation of Israel and of course there are many Jewish people who oppose settlement expansion. -Not that people need Jewish support in order to not be racist - which is yet another preposterous standard being bandied about in the Washington Post among other outlets.  

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

There's no reason to get nasty. 😛

I lol'd. 

Actually, I've found this gig to be both an ancillary education to my (now retired) behavioral science profession and a wonderful environment to practice my amateur (unpaid) comedic talents.  

Plus football!!!!!! 😃

(And communicating with a diverse bunch of absolutely interesting, funny, and intelligent people* that I wouldn't be exposed to otherwise)

*I even include TryTheBeal. :evil: 

I abandoned football due to an extreme dislike of our little napolean who shall not be named. Although my severe hatred of all things Cowpukes somehow persisted. So basically I've had 31 teams this past dozen years. Basically I've just been a hater haha.  

But he's gone now, so I am fully back on the bandwagon. Hail. 

Edited by Midnight Judges
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Would a "what happened to that poster" thread be a good idea? I know I wonder about some.

I think we have or had one. I don't know it's still accessible since our great software disaster of years ago when we lost a ton of old content (like the incomparably insightful and pithy entries from The Book of Jumbo that permeated a number of threads).

Someone do a search and if no success anyone can feel free to start one.

But be prepared for some unexpected and....let's say "interesting"...consequences from some of the posts that may result. 😁

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Pretty sure if Israel attacked Iran, they'd make damned sure they knew who did it. 

Historically, they actually don't have a history of claiming credit for things like attacks in Iran.  Though this doesn't necessarily seem like something they'd do.  It isn't sounding like anybody very important was killed.  Wasting resources for a target where nobody is very important doesn't sound like Israel or the US.  Unless there was a mistake/somebody changed their plans.

22 hours ago, Fergasun said:

@CousinsCowgirl84

It smells like ISIS.  Remember that the Muslim sects still hate each other.  Could also be a domestic group -- don't forget the regime cracking down on hijabs, etc. 

This does not seem like something Israel or America pull off.

good call Ferguson 

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully that will cool things down with the Houthis and hezbollah in Iraq/lebenon… although I thought Israel wanted hezbolah pushed back away from the Lebanon border politically or by force. Nothing seems to indicate hezbollah and Israel will come to a political agreement so that means force, I don’t think you can have a cease fire with Hamas while launching an offensive on Hezbolah.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68119268.amp

UNRWA claims: UN chief in aid plea after staff accused of helping Hamas in Israel attack

The dire needs of the desperate populations they serve must be met," Mr Guterres said.

Nine countries, including the UK, have taken action since Israel told UNRWA some staff were involved in the 7 October deadly Hamas attacks on Israel.

The agency says it is investigating and has already sacked some employees.

48 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I agree cutting funding to aid isn’t the right solution to this. Obviously some of the aid is going to terrorist, but it’s gonna go to them anyway. Now there is no aid getting to anyone.

Would you say there’s a distinction between aid getting to terrorists vs terrorists being the aid workers? I would think so.

16 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Would you say there’s a distinction between aid getting to terrorists vs terrorists being the aid workers? I would think so.

Feelings wise, sure there is. In reality, not much of a difference in Gaza. The terrorists run things, and it is probably even especially worse now.

Get aid to Gaza.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No posts in here for awhile.  They are talking cease-fire.  

Here's the Hamas proposal (per media outlets):

Phase one: A 45-day pause in fighting during which all Israeli women hostages, males under 19, the elderly and sick would be exchanged for Palestinian women and children held in Israeli jails. Israeli forces would withdraw from populated areas of Gaza, and the reconstruction of hospitals and refugee camps would begin.

Phase two: Remaining male Israeli hostages would be exchanged for Palestinian prisoners and Israeli forces leave Gaza completely.

Phase three: Both sides would exchange remains and bodies

Netanyahu has forefully declined.  Meanwhile, Israel is driving into Rafah.  Unsure what happens there.  

Talks are continuing with Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Qatar and US involved.

I know this won't happen, and it won't be popular here, but I'd support Biden telling Hamas he's tired of ****ing around and Israel obviously can't handle this. Tell them they have 72 hours to release all hostages and for Israel to get out of the way. If they don't, we are coming to get them. Spin up the 26th MEU and the 101st Airborne.

They want to see what brutally efficient bloodlust looks like? Meet the Marines.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

I don’t think that will cause Hamas to capitulate. And I think that would ruin our already strained relationship with other ME countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Jordan.

Best case you collect the bodies of the hostages. Although at this point I have a hard time believing many of them actually exist. 50,000 Palestinians dead but these 100 hostages still alive. They really are the chosen people if that’s the case. Incredible luck not to be killed by Hamas or exploded by Israel.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84