Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

You remember what this owner did with the 76ers? It’s much easier to do in football if you trade assets for picks. Even things under their value. You just have to find a GM willing to do it. That’s it. 

I think the fear (or maybe it’s just my fear) is he goes that far or gives someone who would that kind of thing power to do it. 

It’s that simple until another GM is doing the same thing and you don’t have the best offer.

It’s not as easy as everyone here thinks it is.

Edited by KDawg
  • Thumb up 1

Caught up with Sheehan and Standig.  I know Sheehan is close with someone super close with Rales.  So I think he knows a little more than the average fan as to what that group is thinking.

A.  He hit the point that we have for weeks -- that the Rivera send me a SB ring when he's fired comment was off putting and is aging even worse

B.  Ron will almost certainly be fired when the season is over

C. Ron likely knows he will be fired and is resigned to that.

D. Standig made similar comments to what I said last night about the post game presser.  No emotion-anger from Ron.   Also he didn't like the comment about them not losing momentum from that game because they played better in the 2nd half.

E. He got the vibe (like Keim) that Harris already decided to give Rivera the season so he doesn't expect a firing

F.  Wonders if that changes if the season goes off the rails

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah I cant see them firing Ron during the season. Maybe the last 2 or 3 weeks. But he has a pretty good reputation around the league and as a new owner I dont think they want to earn that rep. The one wild card for me is EB. Maybe they want to see him in the HC role for a few weeks? But there is no doubt the Ron is on borrowed time. And the embarrassment of last night helped seal that deal IMO. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Caught up with Sheehan and Standig.  I know Sheehan is close with someone super close with Rales.  So I think he knows a little more than the average fan as to what that group is thinking.

I am very curious about Ron's contract and if ownership wanted to drop a coach under Ron, like JDR. Can Ron block that as long as he's HC/defacto GM? 

Post-game and today's presser were both pretty flaccid. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The one thing I like about this being a WCO versus Air Coryell -- is there are so many variations of a WCO, that the odds are good the next dude will be a WCO guy and thereby it wouldn't be a radical change.

i don't think there is a WCO anymore. if there was we'd be under center a lot more and getting rid of the ball a lot faster. it may have some of the terminology but that is it. that offense is long gone, meaning the true version of it. 

Late to thread... still scratching my head how this team can take a Super Bowl team into OT ad and lose against the Bears. Conspiracy theory in me says the the Butkis death played a role. Weird ref calls, kinda confirm tat. The NFL needed the Bears to win last night.

Man I think this is my all time low as a fan. Football is like my #1 thing in life. But I'm pretty unmotivated to watch. Man it's a sad world when you are envious of how exciting it must me to be a damn Texan fan. Almost all teams can be proud of something on their team. Killer D or promising Offense. We put everything into having a monster Defense. And all season it sh!+$ the bed. At least our Offense was over preforming. But not to lose to Justin damn Fields and the Bears but to get demolished in every single way by them and their 3rd string Defense. Please someone tell me how to have the want to keep watching thos season? Does anyone have a good therapist they can recommend? 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Alexa said:

i don't think there is a WCO anymore. if there was we'd be under center a lot more and getting rid of the ball a lot faster. it may have some of the terminology but that is it. that offense is long gone, meaning the true version of it. 

WCO is still prevalent, shot gun doesn't change that too much.  And teams indeed try to get rid of the ball faster.  It's evolved of course and changed to your point.  This version of it for example has a heavy dose of RPOs.

But the big part of it is the terminology. WCO has similar terminology and yes it still exists.  Logan Paulsen has talked about it plenty of times including about this offense.

Playing to your point, yes uis evolved but this offense is already an evolved version of it.  So the next offense likely will have similar elements to it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Man I think this is my all time low as a fan. Football is like my #1 thing in life. But I'm pretty unmotivated to watch. Man it's a sad world when you are envious of how exciting it must me to be a damn Texan fan. Almost all teams can be proud of something on their team. Killer D or promising Offense. We put everything into having a monster Defense. And all season it sh!+$ the bed. At least our Offense was over preforming. But not to lose to Justin damn Fields and the Bears but to get demolished in every single way by them and their 3rd string Defense. Please someone tell me how to have the want to keep watching thos season? Does anyone have a good therapist they can recommend? 

I wasn't optimisitc about this season and this regime this summer.  But i am still uber optimisitc about the future.  I think good times are coming.

Better FO-HC.  And owner who shoots for the fences.  And as meh as the season has been I do think Howell has flashed. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 2.37.35 PM.png

This is a big part of my issue with PFF. Most of our guys are graded well... and our defense was a literal sieve. Yes, Forbes and Barton stood out, but the other guys didn't exactly play a great game. Odd.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

This is a big part of my issue with PFF. Most of our guys are graded well... and our defense was a literal sieve. Yes, Forbes and Barton stood out, but the other guys didn't exactly play a great game. Odd.

It's for the whole season.   We don't have a single guys in the 80s, let alone 90, so that means by their metrics not one player has been very good let alone great.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

20 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Let him finish the season. I heard a rumor that he was possibly retiring at the end of the season anyway.

He did alot to get the organization back on track with all the Snyder problems. It  time for him to go but we should give him the year.

Here's hoping he walks away at the end of the season eventhough he deserves to be fired before that

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Because kdawg came out flat,

Studs

None

Duds

😩😩😩 - entire coaching staff and entire team

😩😩- entire defense

😩 entire team

Our offense looks primitive and our D made a very bad team look like SB contenders.

It was night and day between us and them.

That or Fields and DJ are the next Stafford-Megatron combo. That was just and insane performance.

24 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Let him finish the season. I heard a rumor that he was possibly retiring at the end of the season anyway.

He did alot to get the organization back on track with all the Snyder problems. It  time for him to go but we should give him the year.

such an asinine statement... what exactly did he do for this org? How are we back on track?

Culture of loosing - still here

mostly wasted draft pics the last 4 years - check

never had a winning record here - yup

dismantled an above avg Oline and made it horrendous - oh yeah

Defense still sucks - pretty much

He cant even tank properly so we have a shot at a good QB.

Lets build him a statue at fedex... 

• Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Simmsy said:

The Junkies are being douches, they're saying there is no reason to fire anyone because it won't make a difference and who is going to call the defense...who ****ing cares!? Could you imagine if McDonald's said " I know Gary keeps starting fires, but WHO ELSE is going to work the fryer?". Who ****ing cares, it doesn't matter, it just can't be Gary anymore. JDR is Gary, time to fire Gary before he starts anymore fires.

This! Make a goddamn change show some nuts 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1