Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

Just now, mistertim said:

Oh I think he does potentially have plenty of upwards trajectory. But the whole denying he's a one yearwonder wonder thing is just weird and such an odd hill to choose to die on.

Eh, I have "Christian Hackenberg is going to be a successful NFL QB" in my posting history somewhere, I've got no stones to cast :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The hilarious thing is these were Jayden Daniels numbers at Arizona State. He started 29 games (one year was a Covid year so he only played in 4 games)

6,000 passing yards

62% completion percentage

32 TDs, 13 INTs

1288 rushing yards

13 rushing TDs

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Ok, so what is the likely trade up cost from #2 to #1, 400 points on the trade value chart, second rounder. But realistically, what do you reckon  ?

Probably depends on the number of bidders and how far back the Bears are willing to move.

If NE gets into the bidding war then the price will go up a lot. If the Bears are ok moving back a couple more spots then they could demand a kings ransom.

Edited by mistertim

35 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

At the end of the day I want what’s best for this team and am just trying to share some insight I have but the made up bs to combat me is laughable. We all want a winner. In my humble opinion, JD5 is that guy. 

Jayden Daniels is my first choice, followed by Williams, and then Penix. Daniels can add muscle to his frame to get stronger.  I am sure Washington will add an excellent strength and conditioning coach, as they overhaul the organization.  You know all of them can be busts in the NFL. There is so much to consider. 

We all know about Penix's injury history. After his extensive injury history, he moved into an excellent strength and conditioning regimen and added considerable muscle to his frame while with the Huskies. NO injuries in two years. That is important.  And the reason he is 24 is because he has used all his eligibility allowance to get to where he is now.  He was smart to return to school. The guy can make ALL the throws, is very athletic, but he chooses to stay in the pocket and throw downfield. But he has the wheels if he needs to use them. He has an excellent O line. If he shows out tonight, he will get picked up closer to the top 10 IMO.  Who gives a damn if he is 24 if he can give us 10-11 years of excellent play and some Championships. 

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Ok, so what is the likely trade up cost from #2 to #1, 400 points on the trade value chart, second rounder. But realistically, what do you reckon  ?

Well, if you’re Chicago, and you want Harrison, you play NE and Washington off each other. If NE has two guys rated a decent amount higher than the third option, they could end up driving the price way, way up.

I would prefer the new Commanders future GM make his choice for QB based on what we know now, plus character and medical info. The pro days and combine stuff, is all bull**** when it comes to QBs. Right now I see two nearly ideal prospects with a worrying habit of being a tick slow in their processing (which they compensate for with their rocket arms and nimble feet). After them two QBs that didn’t start really thriving in college until their 5th seasons. 

im pretty sure they’re not all going NFL starters and odds are if any of them are great, it will be just one. Pick correctly and it’s ten years of fat paychecks and positive vibes. Choose wrong and it’s 3-4 years wasted and new job elsewhere. That’s a lot of pressure for a new hire that will be 3 maybe 4 months into the job.

And they have to pick, no trading down nonsense. This is our moment, and we are due. It’s been 100 years since we had a franchise QB. Thought we found one this year but he got sacked roughly a thousand times and threw as many interceptions as touchdowns. Can’t get sacked holding a clipboard though, so his future is likely less painful from here on out.

This has to be our year. This time will be different.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Please link me to this stat. I’m not sure I can take your opinion seriously calling last year abysmal with a top 20 QBR . 

Burrow has taken quite a few kill shots. JD5 can run like the wind and the two bad hits he took were dirty from Mizzou and that POs Dallas Turner on Bama who purposefully knocked him out of the game. 

Oh great so you are making up ****. They’re both 6’4 moron. 

My bad. Site I was using had him at 6' and a half. He is still very thin. And takes bad hits too often. He isn't on the level of Williams or Maye IMO. It is ok to disagree. 

9 minutes ago, PigskinPhat said:

If Maye is gone, do u take Williams?

Absolutely

53 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Do you hear that?  That's the clock ticking down on Bayou Brave's time here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The hilarious thing is these were Jayden Daniels numbers at Arizona State. He started 29 games (one year was a Covid year so he only played in 4 games)

6,000 passing yards

62% completion percentage

32 TDs, 13 INTs

1288 rushing yards

13 rushing TDs

The problem is college numbers by themselves don't necessarily mean anything in the NFL.

For example, looking purely at completiion percentage of 62% - looking at 2023 NFL stats - that is 29th with Kenny Pickett.  Sam was a 63.4% passer this season sitting at 24th.

How much more accurate is this guy going to get?

Edited by Fred Jones

54 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

don’t let the frustration win. You know you shouldn’t have added that last word. Let’s remember that we are all suffering together here. Even if some of us get the height of prospects wrong on occasion. That’s ok. 

Let’s keep discussion as friendly as possible. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fred Jones said:

The problem is college numbers by themselves don't necessarily mean anything in the NFL.

For example, looking purely at completiion percentage of 62% - looking at 2023 NFL stats - that is 29th with Kenny Pickett.  Sam was a 63.4% passer this season sitting at 24th.

How much accurate is this guy going to get?

Huh? Those were his stats BEFORE going to LSU. In 2023 at LSU his completion percentage was 72.2%

Just now, Fred Jones said:

How much accurate is this guy going to get?

In fairness he was much more accurate last year. In fact he had an incredible year. Especially with the long ball. He also had two first round WRs and a good OL. My biggest faults with him are his field vision is average to poor in the medium range imo. He is inaccurate or late on in cutting throws. And has little anticipation on those routes either. I think he is a first round QB. But not a top 10 QB. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

In fairness he was much more accurate last year. In fact he had an incredible year. Especially with the long ball. He also had two first round WRs and a good OL. My biggest faults with him are his field vision is average to poor in the medium range imo. He is inaccurate or late on in cutting throws. And has little anticipation on those routes either. I think he is a first round QB. But not a top 10 QB. 

If we're talking about middle of the field....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Based on your evaluation - I would say pass.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Pretty sure people lived off the it's everyone else's fault take here all year. Jayden is special.

They say he puts in the work, beats his coach to practice each day, and he has put In the work to put on some weight. I think he'll add 20lbs of muscle the next 3 years. Both jacoby and Lamar came into the league skinny, but are now jacked.

Sadly I don't ever see that happening for forbes.

You are insufferable. 

Really.

Give the Howell hate and takes a rest. It discredits every football intelligent thing you say.

Howell is done. Please move on.

Thanks. 

• Like 3

My worry about Daniels is he was able to outrun most at the college level and will put himself in harms way at the NFL level, those hits he took against bama this year will be the norm. I am truly excited about all 4 of Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix. I'll trust the professionals to pick the best two and we'll have one of them as a franchise QB. Exciting times! 

• Like 3