Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

8 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

Is there any scenario in which we bypass this 1st round altogether? Trade the #2/#3 overall pick FOR:

•2nd/3rd this year 2024

•1st’s, 2nd’s, 3rd’s 2025

•1st’s, 2nd’s, 3rd’s 2026

Think about the haul we can get if we trade this years 2nd/3rd overall and not get a 2024 first rounder back. We’d be set up for rebuild success from this one pick.

Thoughts?

While I can't imagine anyone making that offer, I'd strongly consider it.

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And that goes double when you don't have to trade up.  When you trade up, you better get it right.  But if you don't have to trade up -- its like someone handing you a free meal at Ruths.  You take it.  Assuming you like Ruths.

For those who don't know, Ruth's Chris is a la carte - you order vegetables separately from that juicy, delicious, mouth-watering hunk of meat.  So, question:  you're getting your favorite cut of meat.  Do you also get:  1) broccoli, 2) baked potato; or 3) side salad?

Wrong.  None of those.  If you're at Ruth's Chris and you have room for plants, you order a bigger piece of meat.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

We should just sit the whole defense. Allen. Payne. Fuller. Especially our DT’s, since they could be trading blocks.

You want the offensive guys to play 2-way?  That'd be a lot of fun but I'm not sure how practical it is.  We do know that Terry can tackle.

8 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

Is there any scenario in which we bypass this 1st round altogether? Trade the #2/#3 overall pick FOR:

•2nd/3rd this year 2024

•1st’s, 2nd’s, 3rd’s 2025

•1st’s, 2nd’s, 3rd’s 2026

Think about the haul we can get if we trade this years 2nd/3rd overall and not get a 2024 first rounder back. We’d be set up for rebuild success from this one pick.

Thoughts?

No..you take a QB..For everyone who wants to trade back have you guys been in a comma the last 4 years? We need a QB more than any other position and trading back for more picks and bypassing on a potential franchise QB would have this team in the same boat as they are now.

• Thanks 1

Whiffing on a QB with a top 3 pick surely sucks, but which is worse:  1) drafting Zach Wilson* at #2 with no loss of additional draft capital; or 2) trading multiple picks including 3 #1s to move up to 3 to select Trey Lance?

So if you're at #2 and there's a QB you think might be your franchise guy, but you're not sold, the pick is justifiable because you don't lose any additional draft capital and any pick can bust.  Frankly, even if whoever our guy at #2 is is even league average, it's a good pick.  An average starting QB is better than good players at any other position because of their outsized effect on the game.

*Zach Wilson's mom (the MILF of all MILFs) does somewhat ameliorate the pain.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

What is it with you guys and Ruth's Chris? That place is so insanely overrated. You want an actual amazing steak in DC? Go to Bourbon Steak.

I'm a scotch guy....

Honestly, though, best cow I've had in a long time was a 1/2 pound cheeseburger cooked medium-rare right in front of me at a dive bar in Reno the other day.  Mouthwatering and only $17.  $17 gets you a shot of mediocre scotch at a hoity-toity steak place.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What is it with you guys and Ruth's Chris? That place is so insanely overrated. You want an actual amazing steak in DC? Go to Bourbon Steak.

I think that's where Daniel would take the free agents he was trying to con into joining our team. 

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

No..you take a QB..For everyone who wants to trade back have you guys been in a comma the last 4 years? We need a QB more than any other position and trading back for more picks and bypassing on a potential franchise QB would have this team in the same boat as they are now.

I understand we need a QB more than any other position and I’m hoping that we get one. Throwing out a scenario that I haven’t seen posted yet.

My suffering has been longstanding, as I’m sure it has with others. Much longer than the “past 4 years”.

With this new regime about to be put in place, I’d be willing to suffer a little longer if we intently collected enough assets through the draft to set us up for years of success.

I understand this process wouldn’t guarantee success but I think it increases our chances and it could give us a better return with the right football people in place.

15 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

I understand we need a QB more than any other position and I’m hoping that we get one. Throwing out a scenario that I haven’t seen posted yet.

My suffering has been longstanding, as I’m sure it has with others. Much longer than the “past 4 years”.

With this new regime about to be put in place, I’d be willing to suffer a little longer if we intently collected enough assets through the draft to set us up for years of success.

I understand this process wouldn’t guarantee success but I think it increases our chances and it could give us a better return with the right football people in place.

That process not only wouldn't guarantee success, it would almost guarantee the opposite, unless we got ludicrously lucky and managed to snag some mid round gem QB who turned into a stud.

There's basically one team that has been a contender for years without a long term standout franchise QB, and that's SF. And they're the exception, not the rule. The teams that are long term contenders every year have a franchise QB.

Without that, the most likely outcome is perennial mediocrity, with the best case scenario being getting very lucky and limping into the playoffs once or twice. Then 5-10 years from now we're right back where we are now.

Pass.

Edited by mistertim

1 minute ago, UKskins said:

Anyone able to tell me the rooting interests this weekend aside from Steelers? Sorry, I'm really out the loop rn, lots going on.

Assuming WSH and NE both lose:

If NO beats ATL, we clinch #2

Otherwise, we need two wins out of Indy/LV/GB

• Thanks 2

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Assuming WSH and NE both lose:

If NO beats ATL, we clinch #2

Otherwise, we need two wins out of Indy/LV/GB

Unless we do something colossally stupid like beating Dallas 

Just now, UKskins said:

Anyone able to tell me the rooting interests this weekend aside from Steelers? Sorry, I'm really out the loop rn, lots going on.

We need to lose to Dallas.

If we do and New England wins or Saints beat Falcons, we pick 2nd.

If not, we need two out of the three below

Colts over Texans

Packers over Bears

Raiders over Broncos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2