Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

It wouldn't shock me if the Cards beat the Eagles or Seahawks. Eagles have been playing poorly and were kinda lucky to beat the Giants and I could see the Cards trying to beat the Eagles for Gannon(former Eagles DC, he's gonna want revenge since he was kinda scapegoated for their SB loss). And they host the Seahawks in the finale who might not have anything to play for(and even then, the game is in Arizona and the Seahawks barely beat a bad Titans team on the road).

I actually think there is a better than 50% chance we finish with the #2 pick.

I like those odds.....hope it actually happens for us.   

10 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

With their offense and our defense, a half of good football is all they need. I’m more convinced breaking a losing streak going into the playoffs is important to the HC.

I still don't understand why you're rooting for the only scenario where Dallas might not care at all if they beat us, but whatever. 

We want the Lions to beat the Cowboys for SOS over the Patriots. Which is a moot point if the Patriots beat the Jets in Week 18. 

Best case scenario for us in Week 17 is for the Cards to beat the Eagles. We move up a spot in the draft, and it helps our SOS against the Pats. That should be the focus, because the Lions beating the Cowboys may or may not matter depending on the Jets/Pats week 18. But I guess losing to the Lions might make Week 18 irrelevant for Dallas. BUT … if the Cards beat the Eagles, Cowboys probably need to win Week 18 regardless. 

It actually looks like the SOS may have tilted in our favor over the Pats

If chalk more or less holds, ironically, the Pats beating the Jets keeps us in the 3 spot. If the Pats lose to the Jets, the SOS impact of the jets improved record actually keeps them below us on SOS too. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 3

Rooting Interests for Week 17:

Cardinals > Eagles (WAS played PHI 2x, win jumps WAS over ARZ)

Dolphins > Ravens (Pats played Dolphins 2x)

Patriots > Bills (W for Pats obv)

Jets > Browns (Pats played Jets 2x)

Rams > Giants (Giants played WAS 2x)

Saints > Bucs (Pats played Saints)

Steelers > Seahawks (Pats played PIT, WAS played SEA)

Chiefs > Bengals (Pats played KC)

49ers > Commanders (obv)

*Cowboys > Lions is a tossup. Rooting interests will matter but only in hindsight of what happens in other games. None of this matters if Dallas sits everyone and we win in Week 18. So I think I’d lean toward rooting for DAL and hoping the SOS chips fall positively elsewhere. 

But simply put, if the Pats and Cards pull upsets this week, we basically lock in #2 no matter what as long as we lose out 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, mac8887 said:

Your right about the accurate deep ball, over the last 2 years he's completed over 70% of his passes in both years, he might not be as accurate short or midrange but if your completing over 70% that's pretty telling, and I haven't seen or heard anyone other than you question his arm strength. Iike drake maye to but they say he can be inaccurate sometimes as well. The good thing with drake though is they say he is legit at going through his progressions and gets through them fast. That's an awesome trait that you normally don't see until they have been pros for at least 2 or 3 years, and it's something Sam definitely struggles with. I like caleb, drake, and daniels. At first I was all in on drake, then after watching daniels I really liked his deep ball and elite speed. Now I'm thinking if caleb is as good as the pundits are saying then you gotta go up and get him. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision, and I really hope whoever does will make the right one

I read a number of profiles that questioned Daniels accuracy on short and intermediate throws, one also stated he lacks the velocity to make the tough throws. For what it's worth.  

56 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Rooting Interests for Week 17:

Cardinals > Eagles (WAS played PHI 2x, win jumps WAS over ARZ)

Dolphins > Ravens (Pats played Dolphins 2x)

Patriots > Bills (W for Pats obv)

Jets > Browns (Pats played Jets 2x)

Rams > Giants (Giants played WAS 2x)

Saints > Bucs (Pats played Saints)

Steelers > Seahawks (Pats played PIT, WAS played SEA)

Chiefs > Bengals (Pats played KC)

49ers > Commanders (obv)

*Cowboys > Lions is a tossup. Rooting interests will matter but only in hindsight of what happens in other games. None of this matters if Dallas sits everyone and we win in Week 18. So I think I’d lean toward rooting for DAL and hoping the SOS chips fall positively elsewhere. 

But simply put, if the Pats and Cards pull upsets this week, we basically lock in #2 no matter what as long as we lose out 

I really appreciate these updates, I take a pic of my screen and reference it as I watch Red Zone.  As we have found it's hard to root for bad teams because, well the results usually don't go in your favor. But we've gotten lucky these last few weeks.  I still can't believe New England won in Denver.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

I haven't went though the whole thread, but what's the general feel about moving up to number one? I'm hearing that Washington is in the best situation to move up. 

54 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I can't  believe anyone thinks we could pull out the finale.  The team has quit

I think they've quit on Sam. They certainly didn't look like they quit when Brissett came into the game. 

• Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If nothing above goes our way in Week 17, here’s what we’d need to root for in Week 18:

Pats > Jets

Colts > Texans

Raiders > Broncos

Saints > Falcons

Packers > Bears

Cardinals > Seahawks 

I don't understand why all these games matter. If the Pats beat the Jets and the Cards beat the Seahawks in week 18 we'll get the second pick, it won't matter what happens in those other games. Am I missing something?

A good FO and scouts can get you what you need, whether you're picking at 1, 3 or 14. I never let the alphabet people influence my thinking on pro prospects, and neither do the solid NFL FOs. Some of you guys on here are a helluva lot more astute in your assessments than RR and the minions he brought in. It'll be a day of celebration when they're cleared outta Ashburn.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't understand why all these games matter. If the Pats beat the Jets and the Cards beat the Seahawks in week 18 we'll get the second pick, it won't matter what happens in those other games. Am I missing something?

That would be nice but if they don’t win those games, we could pick 3rd or 4th depending on how these other games shake out.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Those rooting interests in Week 18 assume everything in Week 17 goes the other way from what we want. 

If the Cards and Pats lose out with us, these games will impact the SOS of the Pats and Commanders. If the Pats and Cards lose out, I think we’d need 3 of the scenarios not involving Pats and Cards to go our way to maintain SOS over the Patriots, based on previous week’s negative results. Week 18 becomes way more clear once the Week 17 matchups clear up. But I was trying to illustrate that we are still in play for #2 and #3 if things go south in Week 17 for us.

Once I’m at a computer I could probably rank order the results based on impact. And I’m both remaining weeks obv the 3 most important are us, Pats and Cards. Everything below that would be SOS impacts only and obv some games would mean more than others (divisional games particularly as they count 2x)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

That is likely correct.  But if the Jets beat the Patriots all those games will matter.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We almost came back against the Jets from 20 point down.

Say what you want about Rivera, but his teams don’t quit.  It might be the one thing he can hang his hat on. 

Rivera has always put this team in position to be unprepared to play or lack urgency (in game strategies but also roster construction).

Which naturally creates a deficit (in each game or season) of which the team has to overcome.

Occasionally they do, most of the time they don’t but they keep it close/respectable, and sometimes they get flat out trounced.

Someone should have told RR that “Start fast” is a mentality (of aggressiveness) that starts at the top. Wall signs are just lip service like posting company values.

Instead, RR’s coaching philosophy is more like…

29F45FD8-E928-46F4-9FD5-3F1573827248.gif

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If QB ends up being the pick in the Top 3 whether Williams Maye or Daniels … I think it’s gonna make a lot of sense to let Jon Allen seek a trade. If we could get a 2nd for him it would make a lot of sense to take that and use those assets on the offensive side of the ball. 

This right here, Allen wants out anyway. Get the qb, get the fat boys to protect the qb, get the te, resign Curtis Samuel. Fill out the d with later draft choices, young hungry players and maybe a bridge-gap pass rusher like Clowney. It's not like the d can get much worse

50 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We'll lose to Dallas's backups. I wouldn't sweat it. 

image.gif.0f9bde8b29f249d18f4b4b4bc7fdbda1.gif

41 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

This right here, Allen wants out anyway. Get the qb, get the fat boys to protect the qb, get the te, resign Curtis Samuel. Fill out the d with later draft choices, young hungry players and maybe a bridge-gap pass rusher like Clowney. It's not like the d can get much worse

I’m all for spending every asset on offense and going bare minimum on defense.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

Yeah, I wrote off Samuel. But if the new FO wants to bring him back I’m cool with it. 

If we go Maye/Daniels in the 1st and have 2/2/2/3/3 I love the idea of just stacking up the offense. Let them grow together. Add 1 OL and 1 good TE in free agency and spend the rest smartly on defense. 

You can spend a 4/5/6/7 on defense (including a replacement for Allen) but presumably with Payne/Mathis/Ridgeway you’ve got pieces in place to make that trade. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1