Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cards look bad early. I still think they could beat Seattle in the finale though.

Fields might be playing well enough to where the Bears dont take a QB at 1 as crazy as it sounds

SOMEBODY is taking a QB at #1.  

Bears could trade down with one of probably 7-10 teams who would go up for one of the top QBs.  

If there’s any hope for Dallas to have something to play for week 18 we need them to win the next 2 and the Eagles lose one.  

It’s damn hard rooting for Dallas against Miami because I really like McDaniels and I’d like for them to get a win against a good team.  

31 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

We're gonna be #3.  No way Dallas loses to us no matter how little they have to play for anything.  They'd be the laughingstock of the league, no matter what the excuse.

I wish I could believe it, but last season, we played the exact same game while the Cowboys were in the exact same circumstances and the Norvlet kickstarted Howell's career.

Edited by NickyJ

2 minutes ago, TrustTheProcessHTTR said:

I think its more likle that Fields has solidified a 1st round pick in a trade for him. The bears can now get another first round pick and and then package up the others to get Caleb Williams and Harrison. Unbelievable.

IMO it would be dumb and a huge risk for the Bears to draft Caleb if JF keeps balling. You would be starting over amd hoping Caleb is not a bust. Just because he the best prospect doesn't mean he will be elite in the NFL.

Just now, djpapeleta360 said:

IMO it would be dumb and a huge risk for the Bears to draft Caleb if JF keeps balling. You would be starting over amd hoping Caleb is not a bust. Just because he the best prospect doesn't mean he will be elite in the NFL.

Not dumb at all. Id say at the least hed be just as good and probably better as he is a better prospect than Fields coming out. Also hes on a rookie deal for 4-5 years while Fields is about to be a free after next year. Have to think smarter and big picture 

• Like 1

I love Keim but his take on this which he shares in his podcasts i find annoying.  He likes to make the case that winning is more important because it makes the point that the roster isn't that bad.

Yeah if you pick 12 versus 15, often its not the end of the world.  or even 9 versus 6 depending on the draft.

But If I can have a dollar for how many times I've heard from those who cover the team if we didn't beat Miami that year we'd have had Burrow.   Ron for his faults apparently did dig Burrow.  It sure changed things for the better for Cincy.   Just that one high pick made a big difference.

Franchise QBs can change a team.    Yeah there is no guarantee you are going to get it right.  But the odds improve the higher you pick. 

In the last 8 years we've picked in the top 5 once.  For some of the ones who downplay the value of picking high they come off like we are always in the top 5 mix.  The reality is the opposite its very rare.  We've stunk but not stunk so bad that we pick in the top 5 often. 

The 10 years before that we landed in the top 5 twice.  In one year we traded into the top 5 but I dont count that.    So 3 times in the last 18 years if my math is right.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Them passing on Caleb Williams would be literally the biggest draft surprise I can think of. 

I agree. Especially since it resets their 5 year rookie contract. Fields playing well helps his trade value though. 

We really need to get to pick 3 at least. I am not really high on Daniels. But if the new GM is pick 3 guarantees you a franchise QB.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TrustTheProcessHTTR said:

I think its more likle that Fields has solidified a 1st round pick in a trade for him. The bears can now get another first round pick and and then package up the others to get Caleb Williams and Harrison. Unbelievable.

I agree, get ready for the Bears to have at least three 1st round picks this Spring.....I could see Fields in Vegas, Atlanta or Pittsurgh. They are in a great position. 

Meanwhile, Sam's value is getting worse and worse with every snap he takes. 

• Sad 1

To say that a high pick can't fix the team because it didn't in the past is to say that the new front office will be as bad as the last one. If I bought into that, I'd quit covering the team and write about high school frisbee leagues instead.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 5