Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

15 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

As the tiebreaker stands at the moment, we'd be 7th. But the tiebreaker could move us either way, and the Bears beating Arizona would move us up a spot. 

That’s not what I’m seeing. If we win, and the Bears win, we’ll stay in the #4 spot. Our current SOS will be the lowest of the 5 win teams in that case. If ARZ wins against the Bears then we’d be picking #5

image.png.1116d1699e0cca106cca1b326991981c.png

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

That’s not what I’m seeing. If we win, and the Bears win, we’ll stay in the #4 spot. Our current SOS will be the lowest of the 5 win teams in that case. If ARZ wins against the Bears then we’d be picking #5

image.png.1116d1699e0cca106cca1b326991981c.png

If we stay 4 after this weeks games, and then everyone in the top 8 picks lose out do we still pick 4 buddy?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Let's take a look at the estimated total value of rookie contracts for each first-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, based on Spotrac's data:

• No. 1: $41.2 million
  • No. 2: $39.4 million
  • No. 3: $38.2 million
  • No. 4: $36.9 million
  • No. 5: $34.5 million
  • No. 6: $30.4 million
  • No. 7: $27.02 million
  • No. 8: $23.7 million
  • No. 9: $23.5 million
  • No. 10: $22.6 million
  • No. 11: $21.2 million
  • No. 12: $19.2 million
  • No. 13: $18.7 million
  • No. 14: $17.8 million
  • No. 15: $17.5 million

That's fine, but you'd also be cutting a year of Free Agent dollars in your prime off. How much do we think even a mid-level starting QB will be worth in 5-6 years? Like, a Geno Smith type? $40 mil per year?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I feel honored to be insulted twice :ols:.   

I posted earlier this week on two different threads including the draft thread much of the long article from Matt Miller citing what he is hearing from NFL teams about the QBs, where he cited teams are higher on McCarthy.  So of course i don't disagree with the point.  I used to subscribe to Miller's draft site, I didn't renew this year.  But yeah he's pretty plugged in, I trust him.

I don't recall if I posted the McCarthy part of it but in case I didn't it was this

Thanks for the informative post as always, SIP. :) It will be up his performance(s) to see what our or shall I say I hope our new GM thinks. McCarthy can make himself a lot of money and rise up the boards in the draft depending on how he performs in the upcoming bowl(s) game(s).  Do Michigan and McCarthy make it past Alabama and then does he and Michigan win the National Championship?  I hope so because I am rooting for them too.  Talent wise, I see the other three QBs having more talent because they are more gifted.  Now, who is the best field general.  That is up for debate and will play itself out in the coming year(s).  

51 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Thanks for the informative post as always, SIP. :) It will be up his performance(s) to see what our or shall I say I hope our new GM thinks. McCarthy can make himself a lot of money and rise up the boards in the draft depending on how he performs in the upcoming bowl(s) game(s).  Do Michigan and McCarthy make it past Alabama and then does he and Michigan win the National Championship?  I hope so because I am rooting for them too.  Talent wise, I see the other three QBs having more talent because they are more gifted.  Now, who is the best field general.  That is up for debate and will play itself out in the coming year(s).  

Agree clearly the playoff games loom large for him. As to pure talent, McCarthy is up there in the conversation with the top 3 IMO but agree the top 3 have an edge 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

If we stay 4 after this weeks games, and then everyone in the top 8 picks lose out do we still pick 4 buddy?

Yeah if we win and everyone (including Chicago) loses we pick 5. If Chicago wins we pick 4. Our SOS can/will change between now and the end of the season but either way we’ll be 4 after this week, no lower than 5, if we win