Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't care about our draft position anymore. We're getting a stud at 4-7. I think it's going to be QB 1,2,3 and if Daniels slides to us at 4? There are a bunch of teams that want to leap frog the Giants and grab him.

There is a lot of shaking up to do for the 5-7/6-6 teams right now, so who knows where they'll be, but if we can slide from 4 back to 8 or 9, we should still have a shot at an elite player.

3 QBs, 3 OTs, 2 DEs, 1 WR, 1TE, 1CB of those 11, 10 are making the top 10 and they're all positions of need (although I wouldn't go defense).

A reason the Dolphins are so good is because of the treasure trove of first rounders they got from the 9ers as they moved up to take Lance. If we can get to #3 or #4, hopefully a similar opportunity will be there

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If we had lost to the Patriots, we would hold the 2nd pick right now with a not unrealistic chance at the first overall pick. But we always win just enough to not suck bad enough for something like that to happen. Which is why we will win at least one more game (likely Jets, they somehow seem to be worse than us) and will play ourselves out of the top 5.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, method man said:

A reason the Dolphins are so good is because of the treasure trove of first rounders they got from the 9ers as they moved up to take Lance. If we can get to #3 or #4, hopefully a similar opportunity will be there

Worked for the Rams after the RG3 trade.  :ols:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, method man said:

Dream scenario, lose out, Giants win 1 ... Cardinals win 1 ... Bears win 1 ... and we end up with pick #3 and that exact scenario plays out.

1st pick Chicago = Caleb

2nd pick Patriots = Maye

So you either stay at #3 and draft Fashanu, Harrison or Jayden Daniels ... or you trade it back to a team that really needs a QB for picks.

In my hypothetical, should the Giants win one more, it would drop them pretty far. Folks would probably assume the Titans would go QB, OT or WR at #4. Not sure who between 5-8 wold be a likely trade partner for us and I would fear trading back too far would take us out of the market for an OT. The Cards could opt to swap 5 and 3 so they could get Harrison in that scenario. But nobody between 5-7 has a glaring QB need that would have them shipping boatloads of picks to come to #3 to take the 3rd QB. 

1. Panthers (Bears): 1-16

2. Patriots: 3-14

3. Commanders: 4-13 (.522)

4. Titans: 4-13 (.542)

5. Cardinals: 4-13 (.559)

6. Jets: 5-12 (.512)

7. Giants: 5-12 (.517)

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

54 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Dude never had a chance.

From the jump the staff had Strom pegged to redshirt this year. There was no intention of having him contribute in any meaningful way this season.

This was put out there by the coaching staff to a good degree and helped fuel the argument that we drafted players this year that we did not intend to even play, making this whole draft a cluster-f of what-the-heck-are-you-even-doing.

Forbes was the only draft pick that came out of this draft who was put in a defined position to contribute at the start of the year.

But I was not talking about this year, I'm wondering if he can be the center moving forward next season.  Have you heard any reports of his performance pre injury, how was his play in limited time this season and in training camp?  I'm going to assume he is still rehabbing now.  

13 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

100 precent getting rid of Snyder was the best thing that could happen. It just hit me how bad that Haskins pick was. 

Unfortunately, I think we win against the Jets. They can't pass the ball at all. We match up very well with them. Our secondary is terrible but it won't matter with how bad the Jets pass offense is. If we can two TD we will win. I think they have a total of like 10 or 11 Td on offense this year.

You forgot to mention that our defense has been a get right game for all the bad offenses this year. Watch the Jets light us up. I can easily see Garret Wilson having a huge day.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

But I was not talking about this year, I'm wondering if he can be the center moving forward next season.  Have you heard any reports of his performance pre injury, how was his play in limited time this season and in training camp?  I'm going to assume he is still rehabbing now.  

There were positives to take from his training camp and preseason performances, but it comes w/ a grain of salt as he was buried on the depth chart and was playing the dregs of other teams b/c he was not in the plans for this season.

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

There were positives to take from his training camp and preseason performances, but it comes w/ a grain of salt as he was buried on the depth chart and was playing the dregs of other teams b/c he was not in the plans for this season.

We have to come out this offseason with a top notch, smart C, by FA, Draft 2nd rd. or? Somebody who can make the calls at the line. Agree with DGF on this. 

1- 4. QB Caleb Williams, USC (9.1)

2-  3. QB Drake Maye, North Carolina (9.3)

3-  1. WR Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State (9.7)

4-  40. QB Jayden Daniels, LSU (7.4)

5-  5. OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State (9.0)

6-  6. OT Joe Alt, Notre Dame (9.0)

7-  8. Edge Jared Verse, Florida State (8.6)

8-  11. Edge Dallas Turner, Alabama (8.4)

9-  14. OT JC Latham, Alabama (8.4)

10-  13. CB Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama (8.4)

11-  15. WR Malik Nabers, LSU (8.3)

12-  2. TE Brock Bowers, Georgia (9.3)

13- 16. Edge Chop Robinson, Penn State (8.2)

14-  10. Edge Laiatu Latu, UCLA (8.5)

15-  12. DL Jer'Zhan Newton, Illinois (8.4)

16-  17. IOL Troy Fautanu, Washington (8.2)

17-  18. DL Leonard Taylor III, Miami (8.0)

18-  19. CB Denzel Burke, Ohio State (7.9)

19-  35. IOL Cooper Beebe, Kansas State (7.5)

20-  26. OT Amarius Mims, Georgia (7.6)

21-  7. WR Keon Coleman, Florida State (8.8)

22-  9. WR Rome Odunze, Washington (8.5)

23-  37. OT Patrick Paul, Houston (7.5)

24-  20. IOL Graham Barton, Duke (7.8)

25-  21. Edge Bralen Trice, Washington (7.8)

26-  22. WR Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State (7.8)

27-  23. IOL Zach Frazier, West Virginia (7.8)

28-  24. S Kamren Kinchens, Miami (7.7)

29-  25. WR Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington (7.7)

30-  27. WR Tez Walker, North Carolina (7.6)

31-  28. IOL Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State (7.6)

32-  29. LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Clemson (7.6)

33-  30. IOL Jordan Morgan, Arizona (7.6)

34-  31. S Kitan Oladapo, Oregon State (7.5)

35-  32. OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU (7.5)

36-  33. Edge J.T. Tuimoloau, Ohio State (7.5)

37-  34. LB Barrett Carter, Clemson (7.5)

38-  36. S Tyler Nubin, Minnesota (7.5)

39-  38. CB Khyree Jackson, Oregon (7.5)

40-  39. WR Troy Franklin, Oregon (7.5)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10098827-2024-nfl-draft-big-board-br-nfl-scouting-depts-latest-top-100-player-rankings

That's the top 40 from BR. I reordered it to how I personally think the top 40 will go, since we have at least 3 picks in there.

Packers, Giants, Cards, Eagles all have multiple day 1/2 picks.

The Packers have pick 20, 38, 52  would you swap our #4 pick and maybe our late 3rd for those three picks?

Or the Cards 18, 35 for our 4 and 98?

So many great options for us and our new GM.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I had him at 8 initially, but positional value makes that slide possible. Especially with some great WRs at the top of the draft.

But you're probably right.

If Kyle "1 TD" Pitts can be a top 5 pick in an absolutely loaded 2021 class than so can Bowers.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Panninho said:

If we had lost to the Patriots, we would hold the 2nd pick right now with a not unrealistic chance at the first overall pick. But we always win just enough to not suck bad enough for something like that to happen. Which is why we will win at least one more game (likely Jets, they somehow seem to be worse than us) and will play ourselves out of the top 5.

This team has no fight left. Top 5 is assured

3 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Sneak Peak of the AI that will be used to help make draft and free agency selections. Slight upgrade from Ron's flip phone.

I did read one feature is that the AI is immune to guys like Kiper and McShay overhyping some QB into the top 10 when they are a borderline 1st round talent. 

AISkins.png

I know you’re joking, but there are some people who don’t know this—AI doesn’t really exist yet in the way people think, what we have are Language Learning Models that return what they think you want based on the prompt. And they can only pull from what they’ve been fed. So you’re just going to get a hodgepodge of already-existent mock drafts if you ask one who to draft. Which is basically the same as just asking the average Facebook user. And as ****ty clickbait sites publish ****ty “AI-generated” mocks and draft analysis, those LLM’s start pulling from those results too. So it gets more and more incestuous, and eventually the internet is going to be chock full of this garbage as it slowly eats itself and the results get more and more twisted. There’s no analysis going on when someone publishes from these LLM’s, purely pulling relevant words from a pool of already-digested words on the topic, which get less and less useful as more “AI-generated” content takes over the internet.

Basically we’re ****ed and within 5-10 years, if protections aren’t put in place, the internet is going to be even more useless than it already is due to horrible SEO shenanigans. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, Conn said:

I know you’re joking, but there are some people who don’t know this—AI doesn’t really exist yet in the way people think, what we have are Language Learning Models that return what they think you want based on the prompt. And they can only pull from what they’ve been fed. So you’re just going to get a hodgepodge of already-existent mock drafts if you ask one who to draft. Which is basically the same as just asking the average Facebook user. And as ****ty clickbait sites publish ****ty “AI-generated” mocks and draft analysis, those LLM’s start pulling from those results too. So it gets more and more incestuous, and eventually the internet is going to be chock full of this garbage as it slowly eats itself and the results get more and more twisted. There’s no analysis going on when someone publishes from these LLM’s, purely pulling relevant words from a pool of already-digested words on the topic, which get less and less useful as more “AI-generated” content takes over the internet.

Basically we’re ****ed and within 5-10 years, if protections aren’t put in place, the internet is going to be even more useless than it already is due to horrible SEO shenanigans. 

That is dreary.  Pushing the human out of media content generation is going to make for a desolate, uncreative world.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

That is dreary.  Pushing the human out of media content generation is going to make for a desolate, uncreative world.

It’s horrible. When I was kid we were always told that automation would replace the manual jobs so that people who previously never had the option could pursue the arts/their passion/whatever and advance society. To see it instead be used to co-opt creative spaces and put artists and writers out of work is brutal. Worst case scenario type stuff