Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

7 hours ago, Conn said:

There’s a couple. But Arizona is bringing back Kyler (as much as I’m not a believer in him he’s better than Dobbs) and has been fighting like hell every week, they’ll win some games. Bears are showing they can win some games here and there. Texans are scrappy. Vikings are digging out. Most (not all) of the bad teams are on the upswing while we may crater depending on how things go. Too early to say, but if we keep going as we are and the players actually give up or we suffer injuries, we’re screwed. We’re performing this poorly, against the easy part of the schedule, with a relatively healthy squad that is showing effort. Imagine if any of those variables change. 

As I sadi earlier, if we lost out I'd bet we pick 2nd or 3rd. But if we get to 5 (likely) I'd guess we'd be somewhere from 8 to 11. 6 possibly puts you in the teens. 

There are a lot fo bad teams, but they are mostly capable of pulling out a couple fo wins. And a lot of them pay each other. But not many of of them can get past 4 Ws, I wouldn't think. Tennesse seems to be unloading, Anthony Richardson is out. So  that's a couple more teams that aren't going to do much more winning. 

I think we just cracked the top 10 and there are a couple of teams ahead of us who have tiebreakers on us. We have a legit chance at a top 5 pick (probably no better than #3) unless the offense continues to play like it did today.

Edited by JSSkinz

I could easily see us beating New England next week,  sadly we are at a point now where any wins are pretty meaningless.  We all know what we have in this team and definitely this coaching staff.  If we lose next week then it's safe to say Ron won't go on his usual mid-season hot streak, which we know is fools gold.

Vikings lost Cousins for the year. They will fully tank now.

5 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I could easily see us beating New England next week,  sadly we are at a point now where any wins are pretty meaningless.  We all know what we have in this team and definitely this coaching staff.  If we lose next week then it's safe to say Ron won't go on his usual mid-season hot streak, which we know is fools gold.

I see us finishing with 7 wins. Pats, Rams, Giants, and one random win against a much better team(we average one of those a year in the Rivera Era).

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Vikings lost Cousins for the year. They will fully tank now.

I see us finishing with 7 wins. Pats, Rams, Giants, and one random win against a much better team(we average one of those a year in the Rivera Era).

Yeah my preseason prediction was 8 wins. I'm with you and think we get 7 wins. 

• zCommander changed the title to 2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Current Pick #11
7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who knows.  I'd love a top 5 pick.  to that end, the NE game looms large.  They should beat NE but if they don't things can spiral.

Gotta jump up to a 2/3 chance of a top 5 pick if they lose Sunday. 

I love this thread. Should be renamed the Doc Walker Thread for some irony.

Dummies will lambast this thread, but real ones just want the new regime armed to the teeth with draft capital, cap space and a dumb owner-free environment. Hail

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't turn on the game and openly root for them to lose, although that is what I want to happen. So I do Red Zone and then go back and watch the game mostly to see Sam Howell but to see how the others played as well.  

Its too early for me to outright root for them to lose too. I have too much respect for guys like McLaurin, Allen, Payne etc. and those guys don't deserve that kind of futility. My best case scenario is every game is like last week, where Howell and the offense looks good, we're competitive, but lose 34-31 every week because of coaching blunders or guys who won't be on the team next year effing it up.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't turn on the game and openly root for them to lose, although that is what I want to happen. So I do Red Zone and then go back and watch the game mostly to see Sam Howell but to see how the others played as well.  

I do the same and only watch with they're on an offensive series.  LOL

Just ran through Playoff Predictor with H2H matchups across the league rest of season and I got:

1. Arizona (2-15)

2. Chicago (4-13)

3. Carolina (4-13) -> Chicago

4. Las Vegas (4-13)

5. New England (5-12)

6. Minnesota (5-12)

7. Denver (6-11)

8. Indianapolis (6-11)

9. Washington (6-11)

10. NY Giants (6-11)

11. Green Bay (6-11)

12. Tennessee (6-11)

13. Cleveland (8-9)

14. Tampa Bay (8-9)

15. NY Jets (8-9)

16. LA Rams (8-9)

I gave us wins against the Pats and Cowboys in the final season. Forget who the 3rd win was. 

I could honestly see our offense start to carry us a bit if Howell continues to grow and wouldn't be shocked if we ended up winning 7-8 games. 

TBH, the best case scenario for us is for the defense to continue to suck, the offense to continue to grow under Howell, Howell solidify himself as our franchise QB, but still manage to lose enough to pick in the Top 12. There are enough high-end OTs in this draft where we can get a starting LT without overreaching.

Also in the above scenario, that Chicago pick ends up being #34. So we'd be picking #9, #34 and #41

Going into the season, becuase I thought our defense would be so good, I would have told you there was no way we could be picking Top 10 and NOT be needing a QB. We are in that needle-threading range where we could actually pick Top 10 and have our QB

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

12 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Going into the season, becuase I thought our defense would be so good, I would have told you there was no way we could be picking Top 10 and NOT be needing a QB. We are in that needle-threading range where we could actually pick Top 10 and have our QB

Yeah I would always say the same thing too, that if Howell plays well we won't be bad enough to land a QB anyway. Our defense sucking might actually be a blessing in disguise for the future. Imagine Howell balling out and pairing him with a stud WR like Harrison jr or Coleman for the next decade. Or getting that stud franchise LT to protect him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I would always say the same thing too, that if Howell plays well we won't be bad enough to land a QB anyway. Our defense sucking might actually be a blessing in disguise for the future. Imagine Howell balling out and pairing him with a stud WR like Harrison jr or Coleman for the next decade. Or getting that stud franchise LT to protect him.

Would consider LT - RB - WR - TE with the first 2-3 picks. I know we'll need to restock on defense, but I would use later picks on those spots and really go all-in on offense. Hopefully we get an offensive minded HC.