Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

Just now, Blanka said:

Hypothetically speaking who’d make a move for one of the expiring edges…Buffalo?

Holmes comes from the LA all chips in regime, so maybe Detroit to put opposite Hutch? A lot of the contenders are already pretty set at Edge. 

No one for anything worth while most likely. But I’d try to trade them anyways. But our FO is still RonMart and they are still

employed… so… I wouldn’t hold my breath on any trades.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nah.  You tap out if you can’t win and live to play another day.  Teams do it all the time.  Why get somebody hurt when there’s no chance of winning.  Obviously, if the playoffs, you don’t do that, but it’s October.  It’s fine, there were 2 min left in the game, just end it already.  

Again, that’s the right answer. But it’s difficult to accept the idea( mostly from a fan’s perspective) that the starting LT basically concedes, and has little interest in playing out the game to its end. 

Logically sensible. Emotionally, difficult.

Just now, Redd said:

I don’t know how JDR has fooled the front office this long with his basic, easy to game plan against scheme. Ron must be covering for him.

From what some reporters-radio talk hosts have said, Del Rio is the defacto head coach, he does more than just the defense.  Ron supposedly depends heavily on him.  So I seriously doubt Ron would fire him because that would put a lot more on his plate.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Again, that’s the right answer. But it’s difficult to accept the idea( mostly from a fan’s perspective) that the starting LT basically concedes, and has little interest in playing out the game to its end. 

Logically sensible. Emotionally, difficult.

Other teams do it.  I’m not sure why it’s hard.  It’s only hard if you’re coach is an idiot.

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

it’s so pathetic that this franchise doesn’t even have a televised post game show anymore.  I searched all over the Internet for one and couldn’t find it. Great marketing commanders!!!! Lets promote Jason Wright to head coach.

Edited by kfrankie
  • Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

From what some reporters-radio talk hosts have said, Del Rio is the defacto head coach, he does more than just the defense.  Ron supposedly depends heavily on him.  So I seriously doubt Ron would fire him because that would put a lot more on his plate.

I think EB took some of that this off season. It might be less true now than it was before.

Just now, kfrankie said:

it’s so pathetic that this franchise doesn’t even have a televised post game show anymore.  I searched all over the Internet for one and couldn’t find it. Great marketing commanders!!!!  what’s promote Jason right to head coach.

Dude, the sale was finalized in July. I'm pretty sure no rights agreements could be made in sufficient time for the season. If it's the same next year, that's a problem. 

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, kfrankie said:

it’s so pathetic that this franchise doesn’t even have a televised post game show anymore.  I searched all over the Internet for one and couldn’t find it. Great marketing commanders!!!! Lets promote Jason Wright to head coach.

Just go to YouTube and search for Commanders Post Game after each game. 

Just now, shakinaiken said:

Mediocre? Average?  Benign? Passable? Exist?

I imagine, with time and an more games, the defense will revert back to the median. 

Passable? Average? Benign? Mediocre?

So far this season they have been more along the lines of, “we think there are 11 players in full uniform on the field for the Commanders… but we need to review the tape.”

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I was at my kid's middle-school open house all night...  did we come back in the fourth quarter, down 20-30 with the ball? 

Before Gibson fumbled the pass he forgot to catch?

Before Slye missed the FG

Before we gave up a 3rd and 2 dump off that went for a touchdown?

Did we come back after that?  I cannot wait to watch the 4th quarter.  NO SPOILERS