Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The off season plan was a joke.  

I wanted to wait and see how it played out. 

The biggest problem: spending 70% of your resources on defense and still having a **** defense. 

This defense has never been as good as the sum of its parts.  

They thought they could bring in a featherweight rookie CB and magically turn into a top 5 unit.  

The roster construction is crap and the coaching on the defensive side of the ball is crap.  

Amazingly, what’s been good in 4 of the 5 games has been the offense.  Even with a leaky OL. 

Ron should honestly fire Jack just to shake things up and try something Different.  

The reason why I am not fixated on Del Rio is Ron IMO is equally to blame for the reasons you stated in your post. Del Rio is a problem. But Ron is equally so 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

It's only year 5. You can't expect the man to have player rotation locked in quite yet. 

I hope Ron knows we are still in the playoff hunt and were not eliminated with last nights loss.

• Haha 2

I will say it is time for us to move on from Ron.  Just make sure we keep Howell developing throughout the year.  Whenever we have a chance to unload either or both Sweat and Chase to a playoff contender, we should trade them away.  Time to rebuild or at least give the new coach staff next year some ammo to reshape the roster.

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

This team will be picking top 5 in the next draft. And with a new GM, coach and analytics guy I am fine with that. 

not so fast. Ron will probably get 6-7 wins out of this team to get us just outside the top 10. Typical Ron draft pick area.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

This worries me, why is he saying that to the media?

Because the coaches aren't listening, apparently. What other team besides the Broncos and their Dolphins blowout has left their QB in all their garbage time games? I think the reason is simple, Ron wants to squeeze every rep he can out of Howell in desperation that things just magically click on one of the downs he gets sacked. But I think the players are noticing.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah we saw Harris laughing and drinking in the luxury box. He doesn't really care about this season. I mean sure he'd rather they win, nobody wants to lose, but he knows he's firing this band of losers the second the season ends. 

Something like that is the impression I got from Keim before the season started 

Just now, Conn said:

idk man, you seem frustrated (understandably). It absolutely does matter because we just went from an owner who wouldn’t make a public statement himself or communicate with anyone for over a decade. Insight into ownership’s thoughts during this transitional time is definitely “something”.  He sits in meetings with Harris and Rales and the others. His voice is heard and respected. He’s practically the ownership’s mouthpiece to the media, he’s the figurehead. Expressing public displeasure is absolutely serving notice to the current staff. When you’re talking about commentary from ownership on franchise-altering staffing decisions, words do absolutely matter. The actions following the words are inevitable 

I’m not any more frustrated that I have been. His words mean squat. Don’t talk about it. Be about it.

I’m not mad at the guy for tweeting. I’m surprised so many people think it means so much. Rivera was in his way out regardless.

I’ll change my mind about his tweet if JDR or Rivera aren’t here in a few days.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

This team will be picking top 5 in the next draft. And with a new GM, coach and analytics guy I am fine with that. 

What would be even better is if we’re picking in the top 5 and don’t have to pick a QB.  

As of now, assuming he doesn’t get murdered on the field, that looks likely.

I really like Howell.  6 games in. I think he’s got it and as he develops could be a hell of a good QB.  

If Slye hits that FG, they’re down by 7.  I think the odds of them tying the game at a minimum would have been good and they might have won.  

Because of Howell.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s having an impact on people because everyone NEEDS something to lean on and hang on to. But you said yourself, “as we all suspected”. So he didn’t provide anything other than, “hey guys, watching that on television sucked. It wasn’t fun and our team didn’t play with any heart. We need to be better.”

And it is cool that a partial owner would come out and say SOMETHING… because ownership here has never said much of anything ever…

Its not moving the needle for me.

If it makes you guys feel better, by all means, use Magic’s words as your silver lining.

I knew his days were numbered after the first quarter. We all pretty much knew before the season. 

It’s time.

Moving the needle for me would be making a big move. *shrug*

I look at it like this, the head coach is in there bragging that they played better in the second half.  One of his bosses is on Twitter saying that coaches team had no intensity or fire.  That’s a calculated message Magic is sending.  Week 5 is probably too early to pull the plug, but it’s coming.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Because the coaches aren't listening, apparently. What other team besides the Broncos and their Dolphins blowout has left their QB in all their garbage time games? I think the reason is simple, Ron wants to squeeze every rep he can out of Howell in desperation that things just magically click on one of the downs he gets sacked. But I think the players are noticing.

We need to find out who is leaving Sam in: EB or Ron. I mean, technically it is Ron because he's the HC. Someone needs to ask this question.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

not so fast. Ron will probably get 6-7 wins out of this team to get us just outside the top 10. Typical Ron draft pick area.

You can still get a quality second round talent with that # 11 pick, don’t be so quick to criticize that strategy:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s on Ron.  After the last TD he should have pulled the starters and run the clock.  They’re not scoring 17 in 3 minutes.  

that’s likely the sensible response. But the optics of pulling starters because you’re losing badly, is detrimental, psychologically.

The idea is you replace starters because the team is winning big. Not losing…