Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

11 hours ago, Commander PK said:

At the end of the day they lost a game that most people expected them to lose.  We are 2-1 after 3 weeks.  They have plenty of time to improve and have a meaningful season.  The loss was ugly but whether it was 37-3 or 10-7 it still only counts as one loss.   

Good teams don’t get stomped like that though.

I get wanting to pretend and try to enjoy the season considering it’s still September.  I’m sure they win a game or two where they are dogs and win some games against lesser teams.  It’s not like they are 4-13 bad, but double digit win-playoff teams typically don’t have a blowout at home like this on their record.  There are examples of it but it’s the exception to the rule.  This game reminded me a lot of the time they got crushed by the Saints on MNF with Smith, where it became obvious that they just didn’t have what it took to play with the big boys.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

If EB doesn't completely change his idiotic game plan and the horrific 4-1 pass ratio he's forcing on the young QB and bad OL against the Eagles, we're ****ed.

Watching the Cardinals game, they constantly ran the ball right at Parsons and took him out of the game. That opened up some nice passes for them. 

It's a brainless game plan.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zCommander said:

And that begs the question. Don't we have anyone on our 2nd string that could do better than a Whiley?

I would strongly consider starting Lucas. 

40 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If EB doesn't completely change his idiotic game plan and the horrific 4-1 pass ratio he's forcing on the young QB and bad OL against the Eagles, we're ****ed.

Watching the Cardinals game, they constantly ran the ball right at Parsons and took him out of the game. That opened up some nice passes for them. 

It's a brainless game plan.

Running right at Dallas might be their kryptonite. They have a really fast front but not great size - run at them and use play action to get behind the backers. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lucas was never as bad as Wylie at RT. We need him to start at RT now and move Wylie to LG. Stromberg should be pushing Gates for snaps at C too.

How likely do you think this coaching staff is to continue to start Wylie at RT because he was brought in here to play RT and they are paying him like it? Cause I think they are absolutely the type to fail trying to prove themselves right over adjusting when its clear to everyone else they are wrong. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

How likely do you think this coaching staff is to continue to start Wylie at RT because he was brought in here to play RT and they are paying him like it? Cause I think they are absolutely the type to fail trying to prove themselves right over adjusting when its clear to everyone else they are wrong. 

I'm not sure. In the Rivera Era we have seen guys get replaced regardless of salary or draft position. Remember William Jackson? Or even Dewey Haskins(RIP)? But they'll probably give him a little more slack.

My guess is he gets eaten up by Reddick and co. in Philly this week and then we'll see some mass changes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lucas was never as bad as Wylie at RT. We need him to start at RT now and move Wylie to LG. Stromberg should be pushing Gates for snaps at C too.

You want to replace our top rated OL in Charles with our worst in Wylie?

Not sure where this Wylie is a good Guard myth came from. He wasn't. He is just better there than RT.

12 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

My how the opinion of EB has changed in such a short period of time.

Honeymoon's over...

He's gone from obvious heir apparent to Rivera to someone who's too oldskool and pass happy at the same time.

All in a period of...*checks notes* seven days???

Not bad for a OC calling his own plays for the first time...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Unless you had a measured opinion on him to begin with—a healthy mix of interest/optimism/skepticism. And had clear eyes about the flaws and strengths the offense showed the first couple weeks rather than just being blinded by 2-0. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

It was that bad of a game.  Beyond that, to keep chucking it and letting your QB get killed for the sake of mustering 3 points down 37 - that is alarming to me.

I thought EB was about the best Ron could muster given all the variables.  Definitely worth a shot.  I’ve liked what I’ve heard from his former players.  I’ve liked that the offense has some tempo.  I liked the screen game in prior weeks.  It’s not all bad.  But yesterday was a very bad day that coaches and QB’s don’t get to have many of before they are on the outside looking in.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Did anyone notice he made NO ATTEMPT to cover his mouth while calling in the plays!!! If opposing teams coaches do it all the time, there must be some merit in doing it. I assume a professional could read his mouthings and radio the calls in to the DC. I know the jargon is different buy if you have some tape from previous games and watch the play...you have a good idea!

• Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

In all fairness, that was a clunker of a game he called. He needs to bounce back, just like the rest of the team and we'll see against Philly if he truly does.

Those D-Linemen Philly just drafted from Georgia will eat this O-Line and EB needs to realize this line flat-out sucks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

In all fairness, that was a clunker of a game he called. He needs to bounce back, just like the rest of the team and we'll see against Philly if he truly does.

Those D-Linemen Philly just drafted from Georgia will eat this O-Line and EB needs to realize this line flat-out sucks.

I should clarify I've been neutral the whole time since EB has been here. My initial comment was meant as everything was fine and dandy concerning him when the team won. 

And yes, he called kind of a junk game. But, to be fair, the whole team was junk except the defense at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

The rope they gave William Jackson speaks to this unfortunately 

12 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Did anyone notice he made NO ATTEMPT to cover his mouth while calling in the plays!!! If opposing teams coaches do it all the time, there must be some merit in doing it. I assume a professional could read his mouthings and radio the calls in to the DC. I know the jargon is different buy if you have some tape from previous games and watch the play...you have a good idea!

This is a reach. If you abide by this then the other teams can just binocular all the OCs who sit in booths

I mentioned in another thread- If we can make it to the 2nd Eagles game (assuming we lose the first) at 5-2, then we'll be in decent shape. Losing to most elite teams but beating bad teams puts us at about average, which is where many of us expected this team to be at. Of course we want more at Year 4 however...

• Like 2

Before Andy Reid landed Mahomes, the current EB criticisms are right in line with a Reid type offense lol 

Prognosticators before Mahomes had been begging for the dude to run the ball for 20 years. 

EB seems built for the down weeks in the NFL, fascinated to see how he responds. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mistertim said:

All I'm saying is that I think he saw him just fine, but believed he could float it over him. And he almost did. A less athletic LB definitely wouldn't have made that play.

@ 1:16 mark

There's no way he ( or most QB's in the league for that matter ) floats this ball over this guys head ( DB, LB, doesn't matter ), especially with the two other guys standing near him.

Look,it's just one pass, one interception; but its an example of the type of decision he has to stop making

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Honeymoon's over...

He's gone from obvious heir apparent to Rivera to someone who's too oldskool and pass happy at the same time.

All in a period of...*checks notes* seven days???

I thought we were told that he called plays in KC?

• Haha 1