Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I disagree.  

Teams tee off on us because we can’t make them pay for it.  

Yet.

Running the ball does not slow down the pass rush. 

Throw on first, run in second if you complete the first down pass. 

They need to execute better across the board. But running the ball more, especially on early downs, is not the answer.  That’s Jay Gruden/Scott Turner thinking and is wrong.  

Dude, running the ball absolutely slows down the pass rush. Are you okay today?

And no one is saying run the ball more all the time. Balance doesn’t mean that.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Okay, this is wild. This team has zero balance and a **** OL. Howell took one sack that was totally on him. That last pressure was awful protection. Again. It’s easy to blame the QB in every situation and Howell has had a few blunders. Not throwing it away at times, taking hits, not seeing coverage…

But he is under almost immediate pressure. Our play calling and OL have done this team no favors.

playing the Bills offense doesn’t do anyone any favors. I’m thoroughly convinced that Josh Allen and the offense, is virtually unstoppable, since it’s predicated on “off-script” backyard football. 

Defensive schemes are reliant on stringent alignment, specific drops into coverage, etc…

That relies on the offense adhering to their specific schemes, whether it’s 3-5 step drops, motion in the backfield, pulling O-lineman.

When Josh Allen says **** it, and runs around making plays, it’s very difficult. 

• Like 2

How does Tyreke Hill have 6 catches for 166 yards already. You’d think teams would focus on him, which is the same explanation we give for when Terry isn’t putting up stats. Elite talent finds a way to make it happen. 

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WillieMack said:

Run the ball where? It hasn’t been working.

maybe not doing the delayed shotgun handoff would help. And trying to run multiple times in a row at times.

listen I’m a pass supremacist okay I’m the most pass happy guy of all. I’m the guy who’s been posting since 2012 that you don’t need to run the ball to take advantage of play action passing. All I want in this world is an elite passing game. But even I can admit that EB is too extreme on this (especially with a young QB) and it’s not helping us. Not enough play action passing either, now that I think of it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dyst said:

How does Tyreke Hill have 6 catches for 166 yards already. You’d think teams would focus on him (same explanation) we give for when Terry isn’t putting up stats. Elite talent finds a way to make it happen. 

He has a better QB and more established offensive scheme. Hes also Tyreek freaking Hill. Just because Terry aint Reek doesnt mean he isnt damn good. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thank you, Captain Obvious...

I don't care because it won't change anything...they make adjustments and score a TD coming out the half it's a game again, just like that.

First two games were comebacks, this is gar from over...

That’s a high level of delusional positivity.

I don’t think we were outclassed when down the past two weeks.  Today, we are pillow-fighting.

To comeback today requires a legit miracle.  I’m all for it, just hard to muster any level of belief it’s possible.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Dude, running the ball absolutely slows down the pass rush. Are you okay today?

And no one is saying run the ball more all the time. Balance doesn’t mean that.

Balance is getting everybody involved.  

Mike Leach put it best years ago.   

And in the 1980’s running might have slowed down the rush.  Not in todays NFL. 

They have to be able to get more plays to get more runs.  With 22 total plays in the half, you can’t tell anything except they can’t execute.