Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders vs. The Ravens - The Commanders Strike Back!!!

zCommander

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Fascinating how much burn this handshake is getting in the media.

Fascinating and boring... I don't care at all

Agreed, I didn't think it was a big deal at all, although I did laugh at @Skinsinparadise saying when it happens to him he is shook for at least 30 minutes lol.  

But if that's the focus for the talking heads and that's all they can criticize this owner for, that's a refreshing change.

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Edited by KillBill26
Double post
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

I think TE could be biggest weakness? More than OL at the moment. If logan does not returned to form, Turner is fragile and if he goes down? Bates has never showed anything other than he is the best blocker on a bad blocking TE team. We lost the best we had to injury. Hope I am wrong but TE is just like OL a bunch of IF's at this point. No established TE on roster. Just not seeing TE as anything other than ? right now with a offense that needs a reliable TE. RB's, WR's are going to have to make up for it. 

I'm having trouble understanding your questions? Because they don't seem like questions? But I bothered to type a response anyway?

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The DB made an impressive play. Not too many players are getting their feet under them as they catch the ball, while the DB is already on top of them.

90% vs 10% I haven't gone back to see if Armah did well enough in blocking to overcome his ball carrying weakness. Do you remember catching him proving his worth last night?

btw, I'm not @you on this, I've got mad respect for you my brother. Just wondering if Armah is the guy and I know that you're a fan of his

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Agreed, I didn't think it was a big deal at all, although I did laugh at @Skinsinparadise saying when it happens to him he is shook for at least 30 minutes lol.  

That wasn't me who said it, but the SI author in the article referring to himself.

But I'll ride with the thought, I can see not recovering as quickly as Harris did.:ols:

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That wasn't me who said it, but the SI author in the article referring to himself.

But I'll ride with the thought, I can see not recovering as quickly as Harris did.:ols:

Gotcha, I thought those last few sentences were your take in response to the article and the font just stayed the same. But that was pretty funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

Gotcha, I thought those last few sentences were your take in response to the article and the font just stayed the same. But that was pretty funny.

Agree.  I appreciate the whole thought behind it.     Often people that are wildly successful take rejection and bad moments well because often that's part of the journey when you put a lot on your plate.  So i think Harris shrugging that off showcased some power and strong self-control.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

The internets doctor in me read TMCs body language immediately after the toe injury vs reading blocks of text on some site, for my diagnosis. He was pissed which is webmd.es.commonders speak for more severe, not less. A mild sprain? We wouldn't even know he was injured. I am mentally preparing for the worst. He'll play through as best he can. Shades of Pierre and his 88 yard TD week 1 vs New Orleans although I think his injury was the 2nd toe OSS.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Interesting stuff about terf toe..

Inaccurate info.

• Grade 1 turf toe can be healed in a week.
  • Grade 2 turf toe can be healed in 2-4 weeks.

This guy is hunting for social media exposure and isn't being accurate on purpose. They'll put him in a boot if it's more than a grade 1 turf toe.  He'd already be in surgery if it were grade 3.  One would need to see the MRI to know what is the proper expectation for expected recovery time.  As well, all turf toe injuries are not equal, even in the same grade. Everyone is different and depending on the angle when an athlete gets dragged down, impacts where the seperation occurs in a turf toe injury.  Terry will play hurt if they let him, but they shouldn't. I'd be looking for him to test it out in 2 weeks. You can tape the **** out of that thing and play, but he won't be 100% for a month at the least.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Inaccurate info.

This guy is hunting for social media exposure and isn't being accurate on purpose. They'll put him in a boot if it's more than a grade 1 turf toe.  He'd already be in surgery if it were grade 3.  One would need to see the MRI to know what is the proper expectation for expected recovery time.  As well, all turf toe injuries are not equal, even in the same grade. Everyone is different and depending on the angle when an athlete gets dragged down, impacts where the seperation occurs in a turf toe injury.  Terry will play hurt if they let him, but they shouldn't. I'd be looking for him to test it out in 2 weeks. You can tape the **** out of that thing and play, but he won't be 100% for a month at the least.

Would rather we don't rush it. WR is one of the areas on the team where we have depth and can probably be ok without him in order to be conservative and assure he's fully healed before going back out on the field.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bowhunter said:

90% vs 10% I haven't gone back to see if Armah did well enough in blocking to overcome his ball carrying weakness. Do you remember catching him proving his worth last night?

btw, I'm not @you on this, I've got mad respect for you my brother. Just wondering if Armah is the guy and I know that you're a fan of his

I'm not sure. Didn't notice him much, but his competition at the TE4 spot is Hodges and despite being a 6'8" physical freak, can't catch a football to save his life and with Thomas health, he's certainly got a good shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Inaccurate info.

We'll see what happens but everything you read about it essentially says something similiar to what this guy says.

https://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/en/patient-care/services-and-specialties/sports-medicine/conditions/foot-ankle/turf-toe#:~:text=Turf toe recovery time,on if surgery is required.

Turf toe recovery time

With proper rest, a mild case of turf toe may resolve within two to three weeks. The more severe the injury, the longer the need to immobilize and rest the toe. Recovery from a Grade 3 turf toe injury could take two to six months, depending on if surgery is required.

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

We'll see what happens but everything you read about it essentially says something similiar to what this guy says.

https://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/en/patient-care/services-and-specialties/sports-medicine/conditions/foot-ankle/turf-toe#:~:text=Turf toe recovery time,on if surgery is required.

Turf toe recovery time

With proper rest, a mild case of turf toe may resolve within two to three weeks. The more severe the injury, the longer the need to immobilize and rest the toe. Recovery from a Grade 3 turf toe injury could take two to six months, depending on if surgery is required.

Well I'm showing how to read between the lines. If they put him in a boot, it's a 2. All grade 2's aren't the same and some guys are back in a couple of weeks, where that tweet was misleading and innacurate. This article is about right.

So, if Terry doesn't walk out of that MRI in a boot, it's a 1 and I'd just shut him down until it matters. I'm looking for Logan and McLovin to be back for week 1.