Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you care about ending the Ravens preseason winning streak tonight?

lead commander

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

To be clear, I didn't say they did, just I was happy where they left them when Howell and company came out (which is better then most preseason openers I can remember)

Gotcha, my mistake 

• Thumb up 1

No reason to play anyone... preseason is meaningless for anybody on your projected 53 due to injury risk.

Bad version of a catch-22 where evaluation requires risking others to decide the bottom of your depth chart, imo...

Is there hidden value in beating that streak???

Doug Pederson,

“I’m still in the same mindset,” Pederson said, via the team’s website. “I can’t really worry too much about who gets hurt and this and that. If I do, then people get hurt. I just think you practice and play just like you’re getting ready for a regular-season game and our starters need some time together on the field. They’ll get that opportunity this week, and I’ll monitor it. I’ll be on top of that too, so if I need to pull them out, I’ll pull them out. Right now, it’s still full steam ahead.”

One area of concern on the injury front is the offensive line. Right tackle Anton Harrison, a first-round pick this April, and reserve tackle Josh Wells didn’t play against Detroit while guards Cooper Hodges and Chandler Brewer were injured during the game against Detroit.

Being thin up front isn’t causing Pederson to veer from his plans for the preseason finale.

Edited by TheShredder

5 hours ago, Redd said:

I was amused how the Ravens were trying so hard to keep the streak. We had third stringers on both teams playing like it was a playoff game. It was fun.

They definitely were trying to win the game at the end.

Harbaugh did everything short of putting his starters back on the field.

The streak made that game fun, and it gave elthe broadcasters something to talk about, especially at the end when we ran an actual two minute offense and managed our timeouts like a real game.  That was probably good for us to knock off some rust on our situational football. And it clearly made the game more fun for the players on both teams.  But beating the streak really didn't matter and there were no stakes to the game, and that was absolutely not our Super Bowl.  The team will never for a second believe that.

I bet kicking a long game winner made Joey Slye feel really good though, and if nothing else, it should build up some confidence for him moving forward.

Setting the context of that game for the players and coaches aside, as a fan, it felt good to get that win.  After seeing Mark Andrews say that the streak meant a lot to him during his sideline interview, it suddenly felt good to beat them given the stuff that cheap shotting asshole pulled in the joint practices.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

The streak made that game fun, and it gave elthe broadcasters something to talk about, especially at the end when we ran an actual two minute offense and managed our timeouts like a real game.  That was probably good for us to knock off some rust on our situational football. And it clearly made the game more fun for the players on both teams.  But beating the streak really didn't matter and there were no stakes to the game, and that was absolutely not our Super Bowl.  The team will never for a second believe that.

I bet kicking a long game winner made Joey Slye feel really good though, and if nothing else, it should build up some confidence for him moving forward.

Setting the context of that game for the players and coaches aside, as a fan, it felt good to get that win.  After seeing Mark Andrews say that the streak meant a lot to him during his sideline interview, it suddenly felt good to beat them given the stuff that cheap shotting asshole pulled in the joint practices.

YEAH what he said,,,

20 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

That was my take as well. At kickoff it wasn't really on my mind. But at the end of the game it created interest and on the final drive I really wanted the Commanders to win.  

On 8/21/2023 at 7:42 AM, lead commander said:

I do...THE RAVENS PRESEASON WINNING STREAK IS NOW ON THE CLOCK!!!

lets not forget that Washington played with their starters the entire first half and the Ravens barely played with any starters.   That is a very deep team and a contender.  

That streak does speak to their depth. While the preseason games are meaningless, they identify good players outside of the starting roster. Kudos to them, but as mentioned before, we played starters on offense for a significant portion of that game while they rested most of theirs. 

I guess I didn't care much about the Ravens streak, but I agree 300% with KDAWG's post about the morale element to the win.

What I care about even more so is RR's streak of starting the regular season too damn slow. We can't dig ourselves into a hole.

If any Ravens fans give you **** today about acting like we won the Super Bowl over this pre-season game, remind them as tactfully as you choose that on this day 13 years ago, they won a pre-season game against this team and gave Jim Zorn a Gatorade shower.

Don't let them convince you otherwise, it bothers them that they lost and the streak is over.

4 hours ago, Mania said:

lets not forget that Washington played with their starters the entire first half and the Ravens barely played with any starters.   That is a very deep team and a contender.  

Did any of our DL starters play and others in the DB field? 

1 minute ago, Commander PK said:

If any Ravens fans give you **** today about acting like we won the Super Bowl over this pre-season game, remind them as tactfully as you choose that on this day 13 years ago, they won a pre-season game against this team and gave Jim Zorn a Gatorade shower.

Don't let them convince you otherwise, it bothers them that they lost and the streak is over.

Dem Ravens fans absolutely hated to lose this game you can bet your bottom dollar on that...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mania said:

None of the starting DL or CB's saw a single snap. IIRC, the OL was pretty jumbled, too. It wasn't as if this was the Commanderskins' starters beating up on Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle Elementary School or anything like that.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely not, it’s Pre-Season (worthless wins or loses compared to seeing the players grow and/or compete for a roster spot) only the press and/or certain fans care about it, it’s kinda like when the Super Bowl rematch happens year in and year out the the year after and it always seems the loser of the SB wins the rematch… that’s great and all but you lost the SB… only fans care about streaks like this imho.  It does make for a good NFL trivia question years down the road though too, but really not worthy of concern imo

On 8/22/2023 at 8:50 AM, Mania said:

Are you talking about the offense or defense?

Here is the list of guys on D who didn't start

• Thanks 1