Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

35 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Seen a mock that had the Bears move up from #9 for MHJ. I can see them strongly considering a top WR to add to that already stacked group.

Caleb Williams and MHJ would be the definitive way to win the draft right.

With what picks? They only have four. 

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Seen a mock that had the Bears move up from #9 for MHJ. I can see them strongly considering a top WR to add to that already stacked group.

Caleb Williams and MHJ would be the definitive way to win the draft right.

They'll have a shot at Nabers, Rome, MHj and Bowers. Moving up would be silly.

They should grab either the top OL or the top Edge to pair with Sweat.

On 4/20/2024 at 10:24 AM, method man said:

The issue I have with D Robinson is isn’t he just the same type of DE we have three times over already in Armstrong, Ferrell and Obada? If we get a DE, I’d rather try to get the explosive type who can win quick

Yeah, looking at the class (and Robinson specifically), this makes sense.  Now, one could argue that Obada and Ferrell are on one year deals and we have Fowler, Henry and Jones to fill more of a pass rushing role, at least in the short term (along with Luvu/Davis/Chinn rushing), but overall I’m with you.  

There’s some quality depth in the class though - Braswell, Kneeland, Trice, Isaac, Booker and others, so it might behoove us to take advantage somewhere on day 2, depending on how it shakes out at other positions.

I could see something like a small trade back in round 2 for a 4th, then packaging the 4th and a 5th for a 3rd.  Would give us 6 day 2 picks, and a blend of guys that can compete for playing time (some combo of FS, OT, WR, DE and corner), and guys for the future (at spots like TE, ILB, G/T, etc), including perhaps double dipping (wr, corner, OT).

Generically speaking, I love the idea of taking 2 OTs, taking a linebacker to learn behind Wagner, a TE to understudy to Ertz, a DE with high end pass rushing potential, and a receiver that can separate quickly.  Gonna be an exciting draft regardless.

Also, way down my list, but I could see the logic in grabbing a DT at some point.

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PlayAction said:

Rome wasn't built in a day and OT, WR and CB are all, arguably, "needs" just like EDGE and TE. So, we should take advantage of the quality available at these positions instead of reaching for for EDGE or TE.  Still, I want to be excited about the picks in the first 100 - no more of the "what the heck" or "he must have a plan because I don't see it".    

This is where I am at too and I think they’ve set themselves up well to go BPA vs need except for a LT. I think we will have a decent sense of the quality of draft they will have walked away with instantly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I really like the idea of drafting a MLB type that can learn from Wagner for a year. I think we can find one in round 3. A top 40 pick on any LB from this class seems like bad value.

I like the Temple ILB Jordan Magee but there are certainly others. Wallace, Ulofoshio and Steele Chambers are others I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I like the Temple ILB Jordan Magee but there are certainly others. Wallace, Ulofoshio and Steele Chambers are others I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on.

What do you think of Nathanial Watson Miss St? 

15 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We are going to end up with three firsts (#2, something like 15 and 25) and swing for the fences. Thursday night will be unparalleled. Something like Daniels, Fuaga, and Thomas.

Wait, how?

4 hours ago, Conn said:

I like the player, but he's different than Branch and Pitre.  They weren't undersized.  Tiny zone corners are bad value in the first round.  There is a much bigger chance he's Clark Phillips than he's Branch/Pitre.  We're looking at a player whose best case scenario is someone like Kenny Moore--which is good, but that is the best case scenario, and it's not that valuable.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I really like the idea of drafting a MLB type that can learn from Wagner for a year. I think we can find one in round 3. A top 40 pick on any LB from this class seems like bad value.

I'm not sure how valuable this kind of mentorship really is.  Guys can either play or can't, and being around greatness won't eventually turn a mediocre player into a good one.

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

I'm not sure how valuable this kind of mentorship really is.  Guys can either play or can't, and being around greatness won't eventually turn a mediocre player into a good one.

Is Peyton Wilson off your draft board?  He's a top tier player on film, but that injury history is truly scary.  Where would you say it's ok to take him?  

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

They'll have a shot at Nabers, Rome, MHj and Bowers. Moving up would be silly.

They should grab either the top OL or the top Edge to pair with Sweat.

I feel like the 9th pick should be a trade candidate honestly

49 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We are going to end up with three firsts (#2, something like 15 and 25) and swing for the fences. Thursday night will be unparalleled. Something like Daniels, Fuaga, and Thomas.

I totally agree with this.  We want a top tier LT for our rookie QB now, not a year later so I think we'll go for at least two first rounders.  I don't want to go from six picks to two or three but I do want all our day two picks plus potentially next years first OR second on the table.  Remember two seconds were all it took to trade back in and get Sweat in 2019 and it was '19 and  '20 seconds

12 minutes ago, MrJL said:

one thing I noticed this weekend looking round mocks, there's people saying our desire to trade back into the first is the worst kept secret around

And are they saying it's for a specific player or position? OT? Or could it be for a stud WR?

Unless they are digging on a player who is a great deal at the point the go get them, I really would rather no trade up into the first. 

Edited by DWinzit

7 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

And are they saying it's for a specific player or position? OT? Or could it be for a stud WR?

Unless they are digging on a player who is a great deal at the point the go get them, I really would rather no trade up into the first. 

OT.  Withe logic there's not enough ready to start LTs out there

This feeling is so weird to me.  Everyone complains we have no GREAT players on the roster but when we have the ammo to try to acquire some great ones everyone is ready to settle for good ones

Just now, MrJL said:

OT.  Withe logic there's not enough ready to start LTs out there

This feeling is so weird to me.  Everyone complains we have no GREAT players on the roster but when we have the ammo to try to acquire some great ones everyone is ready to settle for good ones

There are so many good players at positions we need in the draft. I like the idea of taking full advantage of that will all the picks and even trade back with one of them to gain more picks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rewatched TEs almost all day long, my final rankings

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 9.07.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 9.07.55 PM.png

This is awesome SIP. Thank you! I know that you and GC and the rest of the ES draft-gurus with their own big-boards were talking recently about starting a big-board thread. I'm sure it's a huge amount of work along with things like this post here, not to mention your real life schedule, but have you or anyone decided to actually start one? I'd love to see someone's actual board on here. Even if it's a cut-and-paste thread where folks can see what our OWN educated ES talent evaluators have for themselves. The first and only big-board i've ever seen was the PFF board that was leaked a week after the combine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I like the player, but he's different than Branch and Pitre.  They weren't undersized.  Tiny zone corners are bad value in the first round.  There is a much bigger chance he's Clark Phillips than he's Branch/Pitre.  We're looking at a player whose best case scenario is someone like Kenny Moore--which is good, but that is the best case scenario, and it's not that valuable.

Different athlete, and Phillips arm length was just too small. Sainristil's length is below average but not too short.

image.thumb.jpeg.c93ad72df259ac600a7ddf8c054ae322.jpeg

What about Antoine Winfield Sr as a comparison? Maybe I'm overvaluing Kenny Moore, but he's an above average to really good Nickel corner. I think that's valuable enough to spend a 2nd rounder on.

I get not wanting to spend #36 or #40 on Sainristil. But trading back and grabbing him at #50+? 4 years of 80% snaps at above average play is great value.

5 hours ago, MrJL said:

one thing I noticed this weekend looking round mocks, there's people saying our desire to trade back into the first is the worst kept secret around

I think this once again is less about information that got out and more about people making that assumption because we have a big need at OT and have two high second round picks. It's a bit like our QB situation where I think the JD stuff has kind of gotten a dynamic based on need, evaluations of others and people repeating what others say. I think it is not unlikely we actually go that route and trade up if an opportunity presents itself but I also think that Peters values the picks we have a lot. So the opportunity must be very attractive for them to give up picks.