Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Franklin is a big play deep threat.  Not the most physical dude, doesn't play bigger than his size.  But he looks fast-electric.  My fear is his build reminds me a little of Paul Richardson.

Richardson still brings on the nightmares I see :ols:

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Me too, but at this moment, I don't think there is much chance of him lasting that long. 

He'd be the guy I'd be looking to trade up for. 

Easily enough done by moving our #36 and our 4th or maybe our late 3rd to do so.  Depends on how much Peters is in love with Guyton.  

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Easily enough done by moving our #36 and our 4th or maybe our late 3rd to do so.  Depends on how much Peters is in love with Guyton.  

I still have a hard time believing 8-10 OL go in R1 when the historical average is like 4.5. 

I think when I ran the numbers a few weeks ago, it came out that on average 4.66 OL were drafted by the time pick #36 rolled around over the last 5 years. I know it's a strong draft, and I could be proven completely wrong, but I have to imagine a few of these R1 guys fall to #36, whether that's Guyton, Morgan, Mims, Fautanu, etc.

If Mims, Guyton or Fautanu are sitting there in the 26-28 range I am probably calling around to see what it would take to get up and secure the OT. I think I'd be okay giving up the SF comp. 3rd to move up 4-5 spots to land a franchise OT + the 5th year option.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I still have a hard time believing 8-10 OL go in R1 when the historical average is like 4.5. 

I think when I ran the numbers a few weeks ago, it came out that on average 4.66 OL were drafted by the time pick #36 rolled around over the last 5 years. I know it's a strong draft, and I could be proven completely wrong, but I have to imagine a few of these R1 guys fall to #36, whether that's Guyton, Morgan, Mims, Fautanu, etc.

There are always surprises in the drafts 1st round with at least one pick and more.  Most mocks have teams going with more this year than normal but they are mocks.  :)  

48 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If Mims, Guyton or Fautanu are sitting there in the 26-28 range I am probably calling around to see what it would take to get up and secure the OT. I think I'd be okay giving up the SF comp. 3rd to move up 4-5 spots to land a franchise OT + the 5th year option.

We could move up from #36 to #30 by trading our 4th with our #36 to get one of those players if Peters wants him. 

• Like 1

It really depends how our FO gauges the overall talent and depth of the draft.

Lets say there are only 25 guys that have first round grades, and the last one is left at like pick 27 or 28. I wouldn't hate moving up from 36 to get that guy. 

We have lots of needs sure, but we also need elite blue chip talent. Quality > quantity. The teams with high end talent win in this league.

Look at the Chiefs. Best QB. Best TE. 2nd Best DT(if not the best now). Best CB duo.

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Ladd has been my guy for months.  The deeper dive I get into this Wr class, the more he's the one I want in the 2nd. 

Yeah unfortunately there are some contending teams that could use a WR that will probably take him at the end of the 1st(Bills, Ravens, Chiefs etc.).

9 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Sitting here watching some more Ben Sinnott. His inline blocking is underrated imo. Already knew he had good hands. But his blocking is surprising me. 

I thinks he’s the second best TE in the draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I thinks he’s the second best TE in the draft.

I don't have him that high but I really like him and can see him going late 2nd but probably in the 3rd.

I still find in funny Stover seems to be dropping on mocks. I have him as my TE3

• Like 1