Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Wilson was a monster last year,

Wilson is my pick at 67 if he is still there. He can do everything well. I am salivating at the thought of him under DQ. His injury history is concerning. But that just might make him available in the third as well. 

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

This board hasn't had a good Anthony Mix argument in a long time.  I'm here for it.

It is a need though. We need a big bodied WR badly. As SIP mentioned Wilson has some drop issues. So does Coleman if we are being honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Jermaine Burton WR Alabama

Is WAY underrated imo. Really good speed. Takes the top off of a defense with the best of them. His hands are elite. I think he ends up climbing up the board some before the draft. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Wilson is my pick at 67 if he is still there. He can do everything well. I am salivating at the thought of him under DQ. His injury history is concerning. But that just might make him available in the third as well. 

It is a need though. We need a big bodied WR badly. As SIP mentioned Wilson has some drop issues. So does Coleman if we are being honest. 

I don't think he's there. At 67 I think you're looking at Junior Colsun or Tyrice Knight at best and meh. I'd take them day 3.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah Ellis really popped for me watching him.  Really going below the radar aside from some dudes at PFF.   He's undersized but plays bigger than his size -- and is a thinking man's type edge, considering all of the pass rushing moves-counters he brings to the game.  I'd love to have him. 

He's got polish because of his strong NFL blood lines.  His brothers are in the league, and his dad was also an All American and a first round pick and Pro Bowler in the 90s who is a football lifer.  He was a DL coach at Utah and you have to figure he's been teaching Jonah his whole life.  I bet he's really good in the film room, and rush plans come easy to him.

I've been trying to compare him against Kaden, and my take is I don't necessarily see Jonah thriving in the stack like Kaden does, and feel like his pass rushing is where almost all of his value lies.  Kitchen sink rusher with great hands, good functional strength and balance, and good quickness/gear and direction changing skills.  Great motor.  He feels like a really safe bet to be a good NFL player.  Maybe one of the safest players in the edge class.

I'm trying to judge his draft stock, and top 40 feels right to me.  But I see so many places that have him in the third round that it makes me question my placement.  My instinct would be to split the difference and trade down from 36 or 40 into the 50s to target him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I'm trying to judge his draft stock, and top 40 feels right to me.  But I see so many places that have him in the third round that it makes me question my placement.  My instinct would be to split the difference and trade down from 36 or 40 into the 50s to target him.

I think his size might drop him down to the third albiet he plays bigger than his size.  Some of us note how narrow for example Jayden Daniels shoulders are -- Ellis in comparison his broad shoulders makes him look like Thor.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jeremiah's Top 50 Prospects include 23 WRs and OLs ... 

2. WR Harrison, Jr.

3. WR Odunze

4. WR Nabers

9. OT Alt

10. OT Fuaga

12. OT Fashanu

13. OT Latham

16. WR Thomas

17. OT Fautanu

18. OT Guyton

19. OT Mims

29. C Powers-Johnson

32. OC Frazier

33. WR Mitchell

34. OG Barton

36. WR Coleman

37. WR Franklin

39. OT Morgan

41. WR Worthy

42. WR McConkey

44. WR Corley

48. WR Pearsall

50. WR Wilson

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

This board hasn't had a good Anthony Mix argument in a long time.  I'm here for it.

Hey - can’t coach height! 😂

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Is WAY underrated imo. Really good speed. Takes the top off of a defense with the best of them. His hands are elite. I think he ends up climbing up the board some before the draft. 

Really good route runner as well. I don’t think he’s going to be a star - but he will be a guy who consistently puts up 50 catches a year for around 600 yards and churns out 1st downs.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Got to watch Burton.  Good numbers aside from his YAC numbers.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Got to watch Burton.  Good numbers aside from his YAC numbers.

Yeah I agree. He isnt a powerful guy. I would use him as a #2 to take the top off of a defense. He is gonna fly in the 40 at the combine imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

He's got polish because of his strong NFL blood lines.  His brothers are in the league, and his dad was also an All American and a first round pick and Pro Bowler in the 90s who is a football lifer.  He was a DL coach at Utah and you have to figure he's been teaching Jonah his whole life.  I bet he's really good in the film room, and rush plans come easy to him.

I've been trying to compare him against Kaden, and my take is I don't necessarily see Jonah thriving in the stack like Kaden does, and feel like his pass rushing is where almost all of his value lies.  Kitchen sink rusher with great hands, good functional strength and balance, and good quickness/gear and direction changing skills.  Great motor.  He feels like a really safe bet to be a good NFL player.  Maybe one of the safest players in the edge class.

How would you rate the 2nd tier edges of Robinson, Trice, Braswell, and Ellis?

It seems like Robinson has a got rocket to his stock after the senior bowl week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Although I will add that Kinchens and Elliss would be my current favourite outcome at 36 & 40

If we base recent Top 50's, or Top 100's, and mocks for how the safety class is going, then Kinchens that early would be a waste as he's likely available in the 3rd.

It seems like most of the draft media folk do not like this safety class much.

21 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

If we base recent Top 50's, or Top 100's, and mocks for how the safety class is going, then Kinchens that early would be a waste as he's likely available in the 3rd.

It seems like most of the draft media folk do not like this safety class much.

Kitchens and Nubin are going to go together like Branch and Quan last year.

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Kitchens and Nubin are going to go together like Branch and Quan last year.

Branch was mocked as a mid-1st and then fell to low 40's. So does that mean Nubin (who is usually the highest mocked safety and found in the 2nd round) falls to the 3rd? Or do you mean when one gets drafted the other will immediately?

I don't think some national media guys like Kinchens, he supposedly was just ok at the Senior Bowl, and there are coverage worries. I haven't watched him, so just trying to remember the criticisms.

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

How would you rate the 2nd tier edges of Robinson, Trice, Braswell, and Ellis?

It seems like Robinson has a got rocket to his stock after the senior bowl week.

My gut:

1 - Trice

2 - D Robinson

3 - Elliss

4 - Braswell

Braswell is the one I like the most on paper, because he is such a good athlete.  And I've kept going back to his cut ups over and over.  But they're the ones I like the least.

I might end up ranking Elliss over Robinson though.  I might be overreacting to Robinson's senior bowl, and I need to watch his cut ups again.

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

My gut:

1 - Trice

2 - D Robinson

3 - Elliss

4 - Braswell

Braswell is the one I like the most on paper, because he is such a good athlete.  And I've kept going back to his cut ups over and over.  But they're the ones I like the least.

I might end up ranking Elliss over Robinson though.  I might be overreacting to Robinson's senior bowl, and I need to watch his cut ups again.

Thanks GC.  Yeah, I figure at least one of those four is gone in the 1st as I expect the big three edges to be all drafted by the end of the teens.  Arizona needs an edge, so they could take another one with either of their late 1st/early 2nd.  We might be forced to take the last man standing at 36.  I'm not sure why Elliss isn't more highly thought of in the draftnik community.

I think the draftnik community is overrating the 2nd tier WRs (after the big 4) and expecting a run on them.  You can find WRs later in the draft.  You really can't find good edges.

• Like 2

Got to watching Jermaine Burton.  He actually reminds me some of Pearsall.   I'd lean Pearsall over Burton in part because he comes off more crafty as a route runner. 

Burton played mostly Z in the games I watched.  Many come backs, crossers, some go routes.  Good hands.  Not the most physical players as to YAC or as a run blocker. 

But he hits me as a high floor player like Pearsall.  Good seperator.  Finds holes in zone.  Seems to have good speed.

As i watch more, McConkey is feeling more and more like my guy in the 2nd and Pearsall in the 3rd.  Polk is my runner up in the 2nd-3rd.    I am not out on Legette but i want to see a big combine out of him.    Franklin might creep up the ladder with me if he has a big time 40 -- but ideally I'd want to see him to add 10 pounds to his frame.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Got to watching Jermaine Burton.  He actually reminds me some of Pearsall.   I'd lean Pearsall over Burton in part because he comes off more crafty as a route runner. 

Burton played mostly Z in the games I watched.  Many come backs, crossers, some go routes.  Good hands.  Not the most physical players as to YAC or as a run blocker. 

But he hits me as a high floor player like Pearsall.  Good seperator.  Finds holes in zone.  Seems to have good speed.

As i watch more, McConkey is feeling more and more like my guy in the 2nd and Pearsall in the 3rd.  Polk is my runner up in the 2nd-3rd.    I am not out on Legette but i want to see a big combine out of him.    Franklin might creep up the ladder with me if he has a big time 40 -- but ideally I'd want to see him to add 10 pounds to his frame.

I don’t think we can take anything other than edge and OL with our seconds.  Quality edges will certainly be gone by our third.  Ditto OL (sans maybe SVP) (but are we already giving up on Stromberg?).  I think there is a much higher likelihood of getting skill at that early 3rd.  Frankly, I’m targeting CB or LB with that early 3rd anyways.  We can get skill with our late 3rd/early 4th.

Right now, I’m saying our picks will be…

1 (qb)

2a & 2b (edge and OL)

3a & 3b (lb and cb)

4 (wr)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I don’t think we can take anything other than edge and OL with our seconds.  Quality edges will certainly be gone by our third.  Ditto OL (sans maybe SVP) (but are we already giving up on Stromberg?).  I think there is a much higher likelihood of getting skill at that early 3rd.  Frankly, I’m targeting CB or LB with that early 3rd anyways.  We can get skill with our late 3rd/early 4th.

Right now, I’m saying our picks will be…

1 (qb)

2a & 2b (edge and OL)

3a & 3b (lb and cb)

4 (wr)

I hope we go make some trade backs in rounds 2 and 3 to pick up additional picks and really shore up the OL through the draft. I think we can add defensive help in free agency but we have so many holes I guess we need to draft whoever is highest on our board when our picks come up?