Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I went looking for the negative stuff on Edgerrin Cooper and couldn't find it. What I did find is that the Steelers, Eagles and Cowboys might take him in the first. Cowboys have met with him and Colsun a bunch. They're going LBer in the first or second, which wouldn't surprise me. 

Cooper is insane. I can't stop watching him now and I hate it.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I went looking for the negative stuff on Edgerrin Cooper and couldn't find it. What I did find is that the Steelers, Eagles and Cowboys might take him in the first. Cowboys have met with him and Colsun a bunch. They're going LBer in the first or second, which wouldn't surprise me. 

Cooper is insane. I can't stop watching him now and I hate it.

Colson and Cooper will probably go in the 1st/early 2nd. They were being mocked in the late 2nd-4th round range until recently, but seems like we'd need to spend #36 or #40 on them if they're there. Not sure if this FO will prioritize LB in the early portions of the draft given Peters has a knack for finding them a bit later, plus I expect we'll bring a guy in in FA too.

• Like 1

LB - Every LB not named Edgerrin Cooper is available Safety - Every Safety not named Tyler Nubin is available RB - Every RB is available WR - Roman Wilson - Malachi Corley - Ja’Lynn Polk - Tez Walker OT - Kiran Amegadjie - Patrick Paul - Blake Fisher IOL - Cooper Beebe - Christian Haynes - Zak Zinter - Christian Mahogany - Sedrick Van Pran-Granger Edge - Adisa Isaac - Jonah Elliss CB - TJ Tampa

Pretty good list of who will be at 36/40, plus a few others I think are there, considering this is the cowboys and drafting later in the 2nd.

Paul is a lock, but then it's a toss up between Gray, Kitchens and SVP. Maybe even Beebe.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Colson and Cooper will probably go in the 1st/early 2nd. They were being mocked in the late 2nd-4th round range until recently, but seems like we'd need to spend #36 or #40 on them if they're there. Not sure if this FO will prioritize LB in the early portions of the draft given Peters has a knack for finding them a bit later, plus I expect we'll bring a guy in in FA too.

2nd/3rd is LBer country, with one usually sneaking into the first. It depends on how Cooper does in the combine, but I really think he's a cowboy. They love taking LBers high. They could also be thinking DT. They've met with 3 LBers and 3 DTs so far. I think that's their 1/2 punch, then probably IOL with their LG moving to LT.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Hicks is my #2 overall SS. This is excellent for the Commanders as he is very good IMO.

Top Strong Safety’s

1.    Tyler Nubin Minnesota 

2.    Jaden Hicks Washington State

Would Kinchens be 3rd?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Not the best wingspan for Chop. I don’t think you need 35 inch arms like Trent Murphy but longer arm’s definitely helps. I remember Dumervil having Borderline HOF career with his arms and leverage. 

While I agree with you, Dumervil was built like crazy. Same with James Harrison. They were roughly the same weight, but 3 inches shorter. I still want Robinson on our team, but his usage should be a little more limited. Which is absolutely fine (imo). Don't want a Parsons where he's looking spent by the end of every season.

10 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

While I agree with you, Dumervil was built like crazy. Same with James Harrison. They were roughly the same weight, but 3 inches shorter. I still want Robinson on our team, but his usage should be a little more limited. Which is absolutely fine (imo). Don't want a Parsons where he's looking spent by the end of every season.

Plenty of chance for him to blow the doors off with in field drills.

I don't like DJ's Hendrickson comparison for Latu at all.  Hendrickson is about a thousand percent more physical than Latu.  Latu is a smooth rusher who wins via skill and quickness, and is not violent at all.

I think Latu's style is reminiscent of Payton Turner, but he doesn't have Turner's length.  Instead he is way more skilled and instinctive, and he's quicker.

Hendrickson is who I would compare Verse to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

True, but I think some of these edges and WT might push OL down.

Maybe. Top of 2nd is such a talent sweet spot for talent, just no telling which of the players and positions will be strongest. I can see DB's being strong there but I am currently hoping Edge and T/OL fall right for us.

• Like 1

Turner has long arms and broad shoulders = fantastic wingspan and utterly dominant long arm rush potential.  Probably going to run a ridiculous 40 yard dash too.  If he runs sub 4.5 like people think he can, then the dude is going to go top 5.

I think the chance for Brock Bowers or Jared Verse to drop to ~15 is real.  There are only so many places in the top 10-15 picks for four QBs, three OTs, at least two CBs, three WRs, a TE, and three edges.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Not a big deal but kinda surprisingly small hands across the board for these guys. A QB or a 5’10” WR with those hands would be considered small. 

9 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Turner has long arms and broad shoulders = fantastic wingspan and utterly dominant long arm rush potential.  Probably going to run a ridiculous 40 yard dash too.  If he runs sub 4.5 like people think he can, then the dude is going to go top 5.

I think the chance for Brock Bowers or Jared Verse to drop to ~15 is real.  There are only so many places in the top 10-15 picks for four QBs, three OTs, at least two CBs, three WRs, a TE, and three edges.

Verse might but I don't see Bowers falling that far. Everyone wants premium TEs now and too many teams at the top need skill players.