Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

While I agree with you, Dumervil was built like crazy. Same with James Harrison. They were roughly the same weight, but 3 inches shorter. I still want Robinson on our team, but his usage should be a little more limited. Which is absolutely fine (imo). Don't want a Parsons where he's looking spent by the end of every season.

Micah Parsons had pretty similar height and arm length numbers to Chop.  The big question is whether Chop will have a 99th percentile 40 yard dash like Parsons did.  That is the trait that defines Parsons's game.

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Not a big deal but kinda surprisingly small hands across the board for these guys. A QB or a 5’10” WR with those hands would be considered small. 

Makes me wonder if they're doing something different in the way they measure hand size.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Micah Parsons had pretty similar height and arm length numbers to Chop.  The big question is whether Chop will have a 99th percentile 40 yard dash like Parsons did.  That is the trait that defines Parsons's game.

Makes me wonder if they're doing something different in the way they measure hand size.

Parsons had even shorter arms than Chop (by like 1 full inch too), but his hands were ginormous. 11"! I was looking at all the Edge rushers with hands at least 11" or more that were drafted in the first 2 rounds, and the hit rate for at least average starter is really high.

That's really small for Trice. I thought he was much bigger.

If we didn’t start seeing some 10” bands I was going to start wondering if you were right @Going Commando about them changing how they do it. Starting to see some normal measurements now but the DL group is trending small in that regard which is weird 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Not the best wingspan for Chop. I don’t think you need 35 inch arms like Trent Murphy but longer arm’s definitely helps. I remember Dumervil having Borderline HOF career with his arms and leverage. 

Yeah. Those arms are shorter than I thought. He is going to shred the on field stuff at the combine though.

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Holy long armed LB batman!

Liufau is raw as hell. But what a piece of clay there is to mold.

4.85 for Dorlus is a really good time for him. I love him as a 3-4 end. The guy is a beast. 

Fiske with a 4.78! Ripping.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Parsons had even shorter arms than Chop (by like 1 full inch too), but his hands were ginormous. 11"! I was looking at all the Edge rushers with hands at least 11" or more that were drafted in the first 2 rounds, and the hit rate for at least average starter is really high

Agree - the Hands measurement was what I started with and got to Elliss, and maybe Solomon from memory. That and his 40 was what set Parsons apart. 

10 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Too bad DT is like the one thing we don't need.

Always need youth at strong positions. Allen at DE, with one of these smaller Edge speed guys on the other side.

Mathis is a bust, so we need a 4rth IDL and Ridgeway isn't the greatest.

Just because it's our best position group, doesn't mean we can't improve on it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Would Kinchens be 3rd?

He's my top rated Free Safety. I felt the need to distinguish between them when ranking though certainly some are very adept at both. 

22 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Holy ****, this draft lacks size, but all of these undersized DT's are putting up some great testing numbers.

Who is Ruke Orhorhoro?

Clemson DT and I like him a lot. He can play 3-4 DE too. 

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Who the hell is Eric Watts? I know Wingspan measurements are relatively new, but Edge rushers this long and wide are extremely uncommon. That's really comparable to Montez Sweat, but he's 15 pounds heavier with slightly smaller hands.

I like Watts a lot too. He was a bit late on my radar but I'd rate his power & strength ability right up there with Darius Robinson. He does not have the motor though as DR. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

He has been impressive so far in the drills

4 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

He's my top rated Free Safety. I felt the need to distinguish between them when ranking though certainly some are very adept at both. 

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah my bad, i though you said Safety not Strong Safety earlier.

• Thumb up 1