Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He hits me as a slam dunk first rounder especially post combine.  Will see.  I'd love him to drop to the 2nd if he lands at our pick there.

That's a bummer - an ideal scenario would be to get one of the top tackles in the first and then nab him at the beginning of the second round 

59 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

That's a bummer - an ideal scenario would be to get one of the top tackles in the first and then nab him at the beginning of the second round 

As for the argument to trade down, this IMO is a stacked draft at WR and O line.  As much as i like Legette, there are others intriguing too IMO.

• Like 1

Those highlight packages for Daniels are awesome. First time really getting a look at him.

- Either his posture is incredible or I question the height of his oline. Dude looks so tall in the pocket.

- Even in those little snippets I can see what others are pulling about those big collisions he takes tho. He has the exact same runner's mentality as Howell where he aint going down until someone makes him go down. Little easier to get away w/ that in college.

-Speed kills tho

-Capable of unlimited pressure on a D. Gotta be a good adjustable playcallers' dream.

I watched a bunch of tape on Daniels today. And while I get the fascination with his athleticism, it is Jackson level insane, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. He struggles with timing on a TON of routes. Especially in turning timing routes. I do like that he is willing to stand in the pocket and read the entire field before taking off. But even when he does that he misses wide open holes in the defense way too often. I am not seeing a top ten passer there. Now if you think he will grow from here so be it. I am not for drafting project QB's in the first round. I just am not. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I watched a bunch of tape on Daniels today. And while I get the fascination with his athleticism, it is Jackson level insane, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. He struggles with timing on a TON of routes. Especially in turning timing routes. I do like that he is willing to stand in the pocket and read the entire field before taking off. But even when he does that he misses wide open holes in the defense way too often. I am not seeing a top ten passer there. Now if you think he will grow from here so be it. I am not for drafting project QB's in the first round. I just am not. 

He is no Penix!

I remember watching Jayden Daniels play as a true Freshman for that Herm Edwards team with Brandon Aiyuk and Eno Benjamin.  He was like 160 pounds at the time.  Never forseaw that beanpole young QB would end up winning the Heisman and becoming a top ten draft pick, but he was actually a fairly hyped recruiting triumph for Herm in his first year.  In hindsight, Herm was cheating with recruiting, and what they built was doomed.  Daniels looked good as a freshman, won Pac-12 freshman of the year I think.  But I distinctly remember thinking that it was a shame he didn't have an NFL body.  He's probably gotten 50 pounds heavier since then.

Kind of surprised at how little love Malik Nabers is getting relative to the other top receivers in the class.  For instance, why was Marvin Harrison Jr nominated for the Heisman when he probably shouldn't even win the Biletnikoff over Nabers?  Maybe it's because Daniels sucks up all of the oxygen in the room on that team, but Nabers was the best receiver in the country this year, and he plays for Wide Receiver University.  He is super projectable as a star NFL receiver and looks like a stronger, faster Garrett Wilson.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, RWJ said:

It's been talked about in the media and MAYBE it might be a ripe time to deal Terry McLaurin and Jon Allen.  We should be able to get some good picks for both players.  If your going to rebuild.  Go big and do it with a new GM and HC.  

It’s time  , and I’ll fully support the Gms if they replaced Terry with a WR in this draft .

14 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Interesting, Bleacher Report has Bowers #2 overall...

Ties in grades were broken through roundtable discussions among the four scouts.

1. WR Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State (9.7)

2. TE Brock Bowers, Georgia (9.3)

If we are picking at #3 and Williams and Maye are gone, I think Harrison is definitely the pick because you can get the highest player rated in the draft a premium position).  

Edited by philibusters
  • Like 1