Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

On 5/10/2023 at 6:45 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Load it with tootsie rolls like Darrell Green, so if you get caught you're covered.  :ols: 

Wait, wait wait. So, you are saying that he will be able to gain 8 pounds by the start of the season. 8. In 3 months. 8 pounds. 

That is totally realistic. 8 pounds. 

So, if 8 pounds in 3 months is realistic and still difficult, how on Earth could another 15 pounds during the season, which is brutal, happen at all? 

This "just gain weight" thing is so dumb.

Ya well 4 days after the combine he was 170. Wouldn't call it crazy adding another 4-7 pound and be at 177 like he said. And to gradually get to the low to mid 180s wouldn't be "Craaaaaaazzzy". Did your mother not hug you enough? I'm a villian because I actually love the draft pick. I think he's exactly what this team needed. Shame on me. At this rate he's gaining weight maybe in 6 or so weeks he can be at 240 and play LB for us. Would that tickle your fancy. 6'3 235. Impressive. Hats off to you buddy. Maybe it's me being a little guy at 6' 195 lbs just rooting for another little guy. Sorry our draft pick wasn't built like you.

Screenshot_20230511_170351_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

32 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Ya well 4 days after the combine he was 170. Wouldn't call it crazy adding another 4-7 pound and be at 177 like he said. And to gradually get to the low to mid 180s wouldn't be "Craaaaaaazzzy". Did your mother not hug you enough? I'm a villian because I actually love the draft pick. I think he's exactly what this team needed. Shame on me. At this rate he's gaining weight maybe in 6 or so weeks he can be at 240 and play LB for us. Would that tickle your fancy. 6'3 235. Impressive. Hats off to you buddy. Maybe it's me being a little guy at 6' 195 lbs just rooting for another little guy. Sorry our draft pick wasn't built like you.

I like the guy and am fine with his weight. I was making fun of the "just add 20lbs of great muscle that doesn't slow you down"posts, cause it's absurd.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoggLife said:

Just FYI gaining four pounds 4 days after the combine is water weight. You just don’t gain weight that quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Just FYI gaining four pounds 4 days after the combine is water weight. You just don’t gain weight that quickly. 

There is a lot that could have made is weight on the lighter side the day he was weighed at 166. He said he was in the 170s playing in college. I just think it's funny people are experts about his weight. Like they know how mich he weighs on a daily or weekly basis. Your weight can fluctuate 5 or 6 pounds daily. Maybe he was a little dehydrated when he was weighed at 166. Maybe he was normally say 172. So to get to 185 wouldn't be that drastic and take away his speed. I personally don't care about his weight. He brings this Defenae something we have lacked. A ballhawk. You say the 4 pounds is water weight when it can be so many different things. 

6 hours ago, HoggLife said:

There is a lot that could have made is weight on the lighter side the day he was weighed at 166. He said he was in the 170s playing in college. I just think it's funny people are experts about his weight. Like they know how mich he weighs on a daily or weekly basis. Your weight can fluctuate 5 or 6 pounds daily. Maybe he was a little dehydrated when he was weighed at 166. Maybe he was normally say 172. So to get to 185 wouldn't be that drastic and take away his speed. I personally don't care about his weight. He brings this Defenae something we have lacked. A ballhawk. You say the 4 pounds is water weight when it can be so many different things. 

If he showed up to the Combine at less than his absolute maximum size possible (including extra water weight and ball bearings clenched between his butt cheeks) then he should fire his agent. You don’t even need to do drills on weigh-in day so most smaller guys are carrying as much weight as possible (up to a point that won’t effect their drill times, which they focus on perfecting before worrying about building muscle mass) not dehydrated lol. If anything we have to assume that what he weighed at the combine was around the max he could achieve at that time without focusing on it too much because he was worried about putting up elite speed/agility times in the drills first. Then after the combine he was able to focus on beefing up. 

Edited by Conn

7 hours ago, HoggLife said:

I just think it's funny people are experts about his weight.

Dude is the size of a stout 8th grader...so I think worrying about his size and durability is valid. 

Personally, I think he'll be able to thrive in off coverage in the NFL, but is going to get buried trying to press or in the run game...scheme a big-bodied WR on him and just block his tiny frame into the bleachers. 

9 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Dude is the size of a stout 8th grader...so I think worrying about his size and durability is valid. 

Personally, I think he'll be able to thrive in off coverage in the NFL, but is going to get buried trying to press or in the run game...scheme a big-bodied WR on him and just block his tiny frame into the bleachers. 

I think he is going to be okay in the run game.  He was good against the run in college.   If he gets blocked, he is going to have problems.   But that is true of most corners.  I think he has good instincts and some ability to avoid blocks so he'll be alright.  On the other hand, I worry about his durability.   If he does get blocked by a TE or WR he is small and those blocks are going to take a toll.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Look, you’re off base on most things here.

first, I think he’s going to be good. So talking about his weight has zero to do with how I think he’ll play. I am concerned for health reasons, yes, but he’s held up so far so we’ll see.

Second, how much background do you have in strength and conditioning? Perhaps you have a large one and some insight to share. But I’ve been involved with it for a long time and I can tell you my knowledge on the subject isn’t the same as what you’re saying here. 

Third, 170 vs. 166. If there WAS fluctuation of a few pounds a day… fine. Do you think the conversation drastically changes because of four pounds? It’s all in the same concern strata. 

I get you like the pick and you’re defending him, but you’re defending him from no one. Not many (there are a few) think this guy can’t play. 

But to pretend like there aren’t legit concerns about the weight is really awkward. 

It’s true they may not materialize. But they are legit concerns and it’s weird to be so against that idea (in my opinion)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, philibusters said:

think he is going to be okay in the run game.  He was good against the run in college

His ability on wrap up ankle tackles was quite impressive in his college tape.

I think he's developed that skill because of his tiny frame.

If he can continue to do that in the nfl he should be fine against the run.

He's not going to be the type of corner who lays the wood on 225 LB running backs it's just not his game.

His game is (hopefully) elite ballhawking skills and being a form tackler.

He's going to rely on his speed and instincts to get to the ball carriers legs before he's had a chance to turn and get pointed downhill.

If the price to pay for a ballhawking elite cover corner is getting trucked every so often by bigger runners than so be it as long as he can stay healthy, which I think he can, he was durable in college.

Edited by redskinss
  • Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

Deion Sanders, one of the greatest CBs to ever play, was exceptionally skilled at avoiding blocks.

Also at avoiding runners and tackling opportunities. lol he’s literally where the phrase “making a business decision” comes from in relation to sports and avoiding hits/injuries.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Conn said:

Also at avoiding runners and tackling opportunities. lol he’s literally where the phrase “making a business decision” comes from in relation to sports and avoiding hits/injuries.

Well, yeah, that was my point.

I'm fine with a speedy, tall (though not Mix tall) ballhawking CB being the one guy on D who shouldn't be getting into a scrum stopping the run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

Well, yeah, that was my point.

I'm fine with a speedy, tall (though not Mix tall) ballhawking CB being the one guy on D who shouldn't be getting into a scrum stopping the run.

that would be fine if that was his limitation and he offset it with his other skills. But he’s scrappy, I don’t think he’s going to “preserve” himself that way

They didn’t draft him to solo tackle Derrick Henry. They got him to cause turnovers and score with the ball in his hands.

As long as he puts in effort and moves the ball carrier back into pursuit, there’s roughly 9 other guys who should be stopping the run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2023 at 7:00 AM, KDawg said:

Look, you’re off base on most things here.

first, I think he’s going to be good. So talking about his weight has zero to do with how I think he’ll play. I am concerned for health reasons, yes, but he’s held up so far so we’ll see.

Second, how much background do you have in strength and conditioning? Perhaps you have a large one and some insight to share. But I’ve been involved with it for a long time and I can tell you my knowledge on the subject isn’t the same as what you’re saying here. 

Third, 170 vs. 166. If there WAS fluctuation of a few pounds a day… fine. Do you think the conversation drastically changes because of four pounds? It’s all in the same concern strata. 

I get you like the pick and you’re defending him, but you’re defending him from no one. Not many (there are a few) think this guy can’t play. 

But to pretend like there aren’t legit concerns about the weight is really awkward. 

It’s true they may not materialize. But they are legit concerns and it’s weird to be so against that idea (in my opinion)

You can find concerns about every single player drafted every year. Then when you get a freak say like Chase Young then he should light the league on fire and ve a Hall Of Fame player since he is a perfect prospect huh. I just like to laugh at guys like you having a "concern" for a player that sister seem to be bothered with his weight in college and he was good enough to have a few teams wanting to draft him in the 1st round. All you that keep pointing to his 166 weigh and making it seem like he lied when he said he was at 177 now and he played in the 170s in college. So for him to just add 10 pounds or so to that will now make his 40 time go from 4.35 to 4.6. You act like he either will stay at 166 and get all his bones broken like Evil Knievel or he will gain so much weight that he will run as fast as Morgan Moses. I worry about thing when they materialize not pretend there is a problem before there is one. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is what I see his size end up being in a year or 2 and he was one hell of a DB. We just won't see eye to eye cause I don't make posts here complaining about players that haven't even played a snap yet. I'll leave that for you buddy. 

37 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

You can find concerns about every single player drafted every year. Then when you get a freak say like Chase Young then he should light the league on fire and ve a Hall Of Fame player since he is a perfect prospect huh. I just like to laugh at guys like you having a "concern" for a player that sister seem to be bothered with his weight in college and he was good enough to have a few teams wanting to draft him in the 1st round. All you that keep pointing to his 166 weigh and making it seem like he lied when he said he was at 177 now and he played in the 170s in college. So for him to just add 10 pounds or so to that will now make his 40 time go from 4.35 to 4.6. You act like he either will stay at 166 and get all his bones broken like Evil Knievel or he will gain so much weight that he will run as fast as Morgan Moses. I worry about thing when they materialize not pretend there is a problem before there is one. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is what I see his size end up being in a year or 2 and he was one hell of a DB. We just won't see eye to eye cause I don't make posts here complaining about players that haven't even played a snap yet. I'll leave that for you buddy. 

So you’re reactionary and not precautionary. Hey, there are different people in this world. Live your best life.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

His coverage grades were quite good and he's not a gambler.

Yes, but I’m saying I hope he doesn’t get it in his head that he has to be that guy to make a play on the ball. With the media and the team talking about how that’s what’s expected. Nothing to do with his coverage ability 

On 5/12/2023 at 4:23 PM, Rogue Jedi said:

They didn’t draft him to solo tackle Derrick Henry. They got him to cause turnovers and score with the ball in his hands.

As long as he puts in effort and moves the ball carrier back into pursuit, there’s roughly 9 other guys who should be stopping the run.

Agreed, Forbes was drafted to make plays in the passing game....ala Darrell Green. DG was listed at 184 lbs and was only 5'9. Has anyone considered that maybe Forbes makes his share of tackles by tracking down guys from behind because of his speed? DG was great at that.