Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Ringo is shocking. No idea what happened to him.

I still wouldn't draft Washington.

He wasn’t that good to begin with. Well, let me rephrase. He is boom or bust. Play to play. So he will make a great INT and then next drive give up a touchdown.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok.  Here’s the absolute best case scenario, and there is a real possibility it could happen:

1. The defense takes the step to elite.  The have the DL.  Now they have a lot of pieces in the secondary + Davis and a new MLB starter.  Maybe not the 2000 Ravens good, but legitimate top 3-5 in the league.  Can **** down just about any team. 

2. At least one of the young TE’s develops into a serious threat.  

3. Chris Paul turns out to be a stud. Everybody liked him last year in camp.  He continues to progress and not only starts at LG but starts and plays well.  

4. By adding Wylie to play RT, Cosmi stands out at RG. 

5. Gates/Larsen/Rouiller lock down the center spot so we don’t have to play Nick Martin types.  

6 EB is able to scheme it up the way they did in KC.  Granted, no Mahomes.  But KC’s offense is genius at getting guys running wide open.  

7. Howell is good.  Not just “ok.”  But after sitting a year, he’s actually good.

If those things all happen, this could be an outstanding team.

The odds of all of these things happening?

Worse than meeting Sydney Sweeney in an elevator and having her ask you to come to her hotel room for a little fun, better than meeting Sinbad in an elevator in Tysons Corner Mall shooting s movie in 1990-something.  (The later happened to me.  The former, not so much.)

A lot to be excited about.  Our dline and dback units are crazy deep.  That's awesome.  We will be exciting, and with the new ownership (can't wait until it's finalized and we can turn that page), we will finally feel relevant again.  It's been awhile since we felt that way.  

• Like 1

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

Yeah, you couldn't make a movie like that today.

But you probably couldn't make "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" today either.

History of the World is new. You can have humor about race and ****, it just can't be racist.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Kelee Ringo

Darius Rush

Jordan Battle

Jason Taylor II

Zach Pickens (did I miss him getting picked?)

Double A

Siaki Ika

DeWayne McBride

Charlie Jones

Dawand Jones

Jaelyn Duncan

Zion Nelson

Ricky Stromberg

Probably all too highly rated on our board to take in the third. I’d expect Kyu Blu Kelly in the third for us. I have him roughly as a 6th or 7th CB.

I like most of those players.  Except Taylor, Duncan.

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You seem to want to trade away 2024 picks?  :D  Last night it was trade up for Harrison into the first.

As bad as our depth is at OT yes but late in the 1st.  We need an OT on the left side too. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Forbes, skill wise, is an absolute stud who is a better football player than Quan. In a vacuum, we should love Forbes exponentially. Quan, I’d agree, is not far off of Branch. 

so yes, I agree. In theory our secondary should be awesome. 

Sounds like there is a ‘but’ there and I want to know what it is. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

We are a bottom 5 win team who doesn't draft high and you're still wondering why that happens?  :ols:

No not wondering why. Just curious if it’ll change when we aren’t in that same position. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like most of those players.  Except Taylor, Duncan.

Taylor is great, what don’t you like. He’s always around the ball.

I don’t like Duncan. But he’s the kind of guy that gets drafted based on physical gifts.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Taylor is great, what don’t you like. He’s always around the ball.

I don’t like Duncan. But he’s the kind of guy that gets drafted based on physical gifts.

I don't love Taylor against the run.  I got like 7 safeties still on the board, I'd take over him.  but he does have a bunch of picks.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Sounds like there is a ‘but’ there and I want to know what it is. 

There is… 

Forbes size. It’s a tiny butt, but a but nonetheless. 

Also concerned with LB. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be with you if its a SB season.  But IMO lets not mortgage the future -- espeically with likely a new owner, GM, coach.  Lets not handcuff them from the jump

One can only Hope that Dawand or Breeland are there at #97 and we pick one of them.  

Just now, RWJ said:

One can only Hope that Dawand or Breeland are there at #97 and we pick one of them.  

Bashaud is draft eligible again?

1 minute ago, method man said:

Stromberg and Wypler are still on the board…

Only gotta make it another 20 picks.

• Haha 2