Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Just now, KDawg said:

I agree with the sentiment. But I think there was plenty there. I had Branch higher rated, personally. Also Murphy, Smith and I had Campbell higher. Had a bunch of O guys higher, too. 

But the sentiment RE: the pick I agree with. Gotta see if he can tack on size.

Jags did well to trade down twice and still either get an OL or CB here.

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Daniel Jeremiah just said "if this league let's dalton kincaid go to play with josh allen it deserves what it'll get"

He's IMO a rare high floor and high ceiling TE.   

The main reason why I didn't love the Forbes pick is that they didn't trade down.  Maybe they couldn't?  But if they could, an extra 2nd rounder for example might have given them a shot at Laporta who IMO is just half a peg or so behind Kincaid.   2nd-3rd round to me is intriguing.  But it looks like we are stuck with 2 picks and the one in the third round is basically a 4th rounder.

But I'll get over it.  Maybe they trade down a little in the 2nd?  

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

The main reason why I didn't love the Forbes pick is that they didn't trade down.  Maybe they couldn't?  But if they could, an extra 2nd rounder for example might have given them a shot at Laporta who IMO is just half a peg or so behind Kincaid.   2nd-3rd round to me is intriguing.  But it looks like we are stuck with 2 picks and the one in the third round is basically a 4th rounder.

There wasn't anyone worth trading up for at that point. 

Its easy to shout "trade down trade down" but you can't put a gun to a team's head and force them to trade with you.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

He was going to go in the 16-24 range.  Too much smoke on that leading up to the draft. With the lack of trade down opportunities, they decided on the 2nd biggest need area on the team in 

2 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

You can think they are poor at evaluating talent but it literally can’t be a reach because we picked him OVER other highly rated CBs. There wasn’t a great pick there, the board fell poorly. It’s not like we had a big hole at CB and bypassed ton of great players. I’m not taking a TE at 16. Who else was there but CB? And we took the CB we liked the best for our system.

I think a lot of people are going to be eating crow next year. I love the pick and was hoping we took him after listening to Fred Smoot. 

I encourage everyone worried about his size to see what weight he is at in camp. My guess is he’s up to 175 to 180, which is fine. He says he played at 173 during the season.

Take a look at his Spider chart, he has the long arms and big wingspan to carry more weight. He has skinny legs, but they don’t prevent him from jumping high, running fast.

And he can catch the football, and when he does he looks to score. 

The board didn’t work in our favor. We got a player we liked and a position we need.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Just reading some of the "expert" grades.  

The first two I came across

Bleacher report gives the Forbes pick an F.  Worst of the draft to this point.

CBS Sports gives the pick an A.  

Hmmm

Worst possible pick we could have made. Was not even In my realm of possibilities. Almost positive he is there at 47.....but I am not as knowledgeable as others. No worries the Oline will be fine with some later picks you know the sneaky guys in the 4th or 5th round. Good luck Sam.

headline-info.jpg

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Its easy to shout "trade down trade down" but you can't put a gun to a team's head and force them to trade with you.

I would have said Levis but he’s still there so…

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I don’t know if there was anybody sitting there somebody wanted desperately to trade up for in that spot.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All the QBS were in the AFC in the 80’s (Marino, Elway, etc.) and the NFC won something like 15 straight SBs.

:P 

the problem was the QBs of the late 70s outplayed them

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All the trade ups around our pick were giving up an extra 4th round pick. Nobody was giving up 2nd round picks to move up to the area we were at.......

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Appreciate the lecture of how things work.;)

I am far from saying easy to say trade down, trade down -- when I've said multiple times, maybe they couldn't trade down.  I said I preferred them to trade down.  But I added a disclaimer to the point.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

When Jamin Davis makes the Pro Bowl next year and Forbes is in the running for DROY…I will be serving crow to all you haters. 😆

Kind of a strange draft. It just doesn’t have that pizzazz it normally does. Not sure if it’s the top end talent or what. Maybe it’s the whippets. 

As long as Howell isn’t spending the entire season either on his back or running for his life, I’ll be excited. 

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Kinda stunned Myles Murphy, Nolan Smith, and Joey Porter jr are still on the board.

Goes to show something happened in meetings/testing that the League as a whole didn’t love. Though I’m not surprised with Porter. Porter is a good cover guy but is not a guy who makes a ton of plays on the ball. He’s a steady, solid corner. Not a playmaker.

• Like 2