Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Pretty much torpedoes Trump's claims that he only paid Daniels to keep Melania from finding out (which was already more or less known, but it's now official under oath).

Anybody here believe for a minute that Melania thinks he's not cheating on her?  

In fact, anybody here believe for a minute that Trump doesn't intentionally rub her nose in the fact that he's cheating?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I am going back to the argument.  Kagan destroys Trump's lawyer. 

"Can the President order the military to stage a coup? Is that an official act?"  

A lot of silence before he answered... 

Gorsuch with this dumb argument, "the laws don't apply to President unless they specifically name the Preaident."

Overthrowing the election is certainly the "bold and fearless action" that the founders thought about....

• Like 2

The conservative side of the supreme court, excepting Roberts, is a disgraceful bunch of disingenuous ideologues that shouldn't hold any judicial position at any level. They're not judges as much as they're political operatives.

I have about the same use for the federalist society as I do for conservative fundamentalist xtianity and the KKK.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Pretty sure that very few people in here would accuse me of being in the Federalist Society.  

And the first vote I ever cast, was for Gerald Ford for President.  

And his pardon of Nixon was one of the reasons why I voted for him.  

You see, I believe that once Nixon left office, there was a division in the country.  With political vengeance seeking.  

I felt that after years of Congressional investigations, and leaks, and tapes, that the man had been dragged through the public square enough.  

Yes.  I believed that he should have been impeached.  And convicted.  I believed that his resignation was kind of a "plea bargain".  Resign, to avoid an impeachment which he figured he was going to lose.

And no, I do not for a minute believe that Nixon appointed Ford with a promise of a future pardon.  For one thing, because Nixon would have known that he has no way to hold Ford to such a promise.  And because he knew that if he explicitly makes such an offer, it will likely get leaked.  

I think Ford did it because he believed that ending the circus would allow the country to move on.  

And I believe that Ford took that action, knowing that it would hurt him.  He might have believed that it wouldn't hurt him enough.  But he had to know it would come with a political cost.  

In short, to me, Ford pardoning Nixon is one of the rare cases (that I'm aware of) of a President taking an action for the good of the country, knowing that it will cost him.  

At the time, I thought the pardon was the biggest mistake. Nixon should have been impeached and removed. That's why that clause is in the Constitution in the first place. Second, it gave future presidents an out, witness Reagan and Iran Contra where he and his minions deliberately broke the law. He should have been impeached and removed too. Thirdly, Bush 43 illegal declared war on Iraq, he should have been impeached and removed. That leads us directly to Trump and his coup attempt. We had a Congress where the Republicans, unchecked by previous crimes gone unpunished, supported a coup on our country.  It all started with Ford pardoning Nixon.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

At the time, I thought the pardon was the biggest mistake. Nixon should have been impeached and removed.

At the time of the Pardon, Nixon had already removed himself.  

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Most people in the federalist society maybe 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Pretty sure that very few people in here would accuse me of being in the Federalist Society.  

And the first vote I ever cast, was for Gerald Ford for President.  

And his pardon of Nixon was one of the reasons why I voted for him.  

You see, I believe that once Nixon left office, there was a division in the country.  With political vengeance seeking.  

I felt that after years of Congressional investigations, and leaks, and tapes, that the man had been dragged through the public square enough.  

Yes.  I believed that he should have been impeached.  And convicted.  I believed that his resignation was kind of a "plea bargain".  Resign, to avoid an impeachment which he figured he was going to lose.

And no, I do not for a minute believe that Nixon appointed Ford with a promise of a future pardon.  For one thing, because Nixon would have known that he has no way to hold Ford to such a promise.  And because he knew that if he explicitly makes such an offer, it will likely get leaked.  

I think Ford did it because he believed that ending the circus would allow the country to move on.  

And I believe that Ford took that action, knowing that it would hurt him.  He might have believed that it wouldn't hurt him enough.  But he had to know it would come with a political cost.  

In short, to me, Ford pardoning Nixon is one of the rare cases (that I'm aware of) of a President taking an action for the good of the country, knowing that it will cost him.  

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

At the time, I thought the pardon was the biggest mistake. Nixon should have been impeached and removed. That's why that clause is in the Constitution in the first place. Second, it gave future presidents an out, witness Reagan and Iran Contra where he and his minions deliberately broke the law. He should have been impeached and removed too. Thirdly, Bush 43 illegal declared war on Iraq, he should have been impeached and removed. That leads us directly to Trump and his coup attempt. We had a Congress where the Republicans, unchecked by previous crimes gone unpunished, supported a coup on our country.  It all started with Ford pardoning Nixon.

What you thought of Ford pardoning Nixon makes no difference here.   The entire point is just to obfuscate.

The argument was that Ford pardoned Nixon so that the country could move forward and not stay fixated on Watergate... let Nixon disappear from the stage (in return for disappearing from the stage).

in THIS case... Kavanaugh is arguing to pardon Trump so that he can STAY on the ****ing stage, while simultaneously and explicitly not allowing the country to move-on past the treasonous attempted coup.   

In the Nixon case... there was a tradeoff (not prosecute an obviously guilty criminal so the country could heal) .....  in the Trump case there is a pile-on (not prosecute an obviously guilty criminal so that he can continue to rape his victims.)    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Why did he amend it? I missed that.

Because he started to get in hot water for what he was doing, and he was trying to save his own ass, despite cohen telling him sesssions wouldn’t allow anything to happen (trump has him in his pocket)

he smartly didn’t put any faith in that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

The conservative side of the supreme court, excepting Roberts, is a disgraceful bunch of disingenuous ideologues that shouldn't hold any judicial position at any level. They're not judges as much as they're political operatives.

I have about the same use for the federalist society as I do for conservative fundamentalist xtianity and the KKK.

They truly are the same, and have the same goals

• Thumb down 1

Listening to the immunity argument.  Kavanaugh highlights his concern over the precedent of Morrison v. Olsen.  A 7-1 Supreme Court decision. 

I can see Brett writing a stand-alone opinion.  

Ouch... actually both Kav and Gorsuch indicated in some examples they were talking "beyond the present case", "we are talking about future cases".  As in, they want to make the rules clear for future Presidents.    I am not as concerned with the ruling after hearing this.  Not sure why commentators are upset.  It does seem like remand is likely, and it will delay.  I can see why SCOTUS took the case, but taking it 2 months afterwards was ridiculous delay especially if they knew this was so important they would take it up.  Gotta believe they were serving their political  masters.  

So they are gonna craft some rule for Presidential immunity of official acts in criminal cases.  It will go to the district judge.  When she rules, it will be appealed. 

• Thumb down 1

So is Judge Merchan ever going to rule on the Trump contempt for violating the gag order?  The prosecution has already submitted another batch of violations, and if he doesn't issue a ruling before the weekend you know Trump will violate the gag order several more times over the weekend.  What is he waiting for, Trump to get the trial thrown out because he's intimidated witnesses and the juror?  WTF?

Edited by China
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

43 minutes ago, China said:

So is Judge Merchan ever going to rule on the Trump contempt for violating the gag order?  The prosecution has already submitted another batch of violations, and if he doesn't issue a ruling before the weekend you know Trump will violate the gag order several more times over the weekend.  What is he waiting for, Trump to get the trial thrown out because he's intimidated witnesses and the juror?  WTF?

I'm hoping he's waiting to issue a judgement today, so he can put him in jail for the weekend. I know it's highly unlikely, though.

18 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Here in the Tailgate forum we're talking about Pecker...while over in the Stadium forum we're talking about Penix. And meanwhile, on the Congress thread we're talking about Johnson.

There's no way you can convince me there isn't a God lol...

At one time, the Redskins roster included a Kirk, a McCoy, and a Klingan. 

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 4/21/2024 at 2:40 PM, skinsmarydu said:

Even dead ferrets look better than whatever is on his head. 

Let's not disparage them. 

On 4/21/2024 at 3:24 PM, China said:

A new article with more on his hair woes:

Trump’s Hair Unravels Outside of NYC Court and It’s Truly Humiliating, ‘Looks Like the Glue Is Coming Off!’

There is nothing I love more than a Donald Trump hair story! I’m not being serious, but considering all the times Trump has mocked someone for their looks, I will take every opportunity I can to do the same to him. And now we have another example of hair today, gone tomorrow! Trump’s mop was totally exposed while he was outside of court in New York City today.

In a new video, posted to X/Twitter, the adjudicated rapist’s head of hair puzzled people, as they weren’t sure what was really going on — and if he’s had a hair transplant in the past or currently has hair plugs.

The photo shows Trump meeting some supporters. And at that moment the wind was blowing, and lifted what hair Trump has up so we could clearly see his scalp. And it’s obvious the man is bald. He just has mastered the combover in such a way that he appears to have a full head of hair.

Trump’s hair is obviously his trademark, and he truly loves it, despite the fact that it looks awful. And this isn’t the first time we’ve seen his real head and hair. Remember this video? It revealed it all:

This is a man who wouldn’t go visit our war dead because he didn’t want to get his hair wet. Trump complains about showerheads and water pressure because of how they make his hair look. The man is truly a narcissist, and that’s definitely true when it comes to his hair.

Ivanka Trump has previously revealed the “secret” behind Trump’s questionable do, according to Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury: Inside Trump’s White House”:

“For Ivanka, it was all business — building the Trump brand, the presidential campaign, and now the White House. She treated her father with a degree of detachment, even irony, going so far as to make fun of his combover to others. She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate — a contained island after scalp-reduction ­surgery — surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray. The color, she would point out to comical effect, was from a product called Just for Men — the longer it was left on, the darker it got. Impatience resulted in Trump’s orange-blond hair color.”

Perhaps this diagram will help:

2023.06.26-02.14-politicalflare-6498f47f

Click on the link for more

• Haha 2