Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

37 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm just waiting for Trump to get so frustrated that he actually comes out and says he wants someone to kill the judge or prosecutor.

Maybe 20% of his fanbase will desert him then, at least...but probably not more.

I don't think he will be that blunt. He doesn't need to. I am SHOCKED though that we haven't had a legit attack on someone associated with the court yet.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't think he will be that blunt. He doesn't need to. I am SHOCKED though that we haven't had a legit attack on someone associated with the court yet.

Well, the election is still 7 months away and he needs to keep his cult "entertained" until then. Many times I feel a lot of his supporters just like him because he's entertaining and provides drama, which he knows and that's why he gets away with so much.

I don't give a **** if he wants to keep his cultists entertained.  Guess what? This ain't the reality show he's turned politics into. 

Let's be honest with ourselves, this is exactly what this orange pumpkin looking **** wants. He's attempting to turn this **** into a political game just the way he did on national TV. 

He really thinks if he convinces enough idiots to vote for him that he can get out of his illegal bs. 

I hate to say it, but I hope this crime riddled **** falls over dead from a stroke after intaking to many double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. 

Just saying. 

HTTR!

• Like 4

Trump attorney who became a crucial witness against him has departed legal team

Evan Corcoran, an attorney for Donald Trump who became a critical witness in the classified documents case against the former president, no longer represents him, CNN has learned.

According to multiple sources familiar with the matter, Corcoran left Trump’s legal team in recent months, a notable departure as the criminal case remains in limbo in south Florida.

Corcoran’s quiet exit from Trump’s orbit could pose a significant issue for the former president, with the potential for prosecutors to call him as a key witness if the case goes to trial. He also was one of the last attorneys on Trump’s defense team to have handled his federal investigations from the beginning, as his legal peril skyrocketed.

Corcoran was brought on to help Trump fend off charges in the classified documents investigation, but instead turned into a central witness after Trump allegedly misled him about the whereabouts of the documents at his Mar-a-Lago club and encouraged him to lie to the Justice Department and withhold those documents.

One year ago, Corcoran was required to appear before a grand jury investigating the case after a district judge ruled he could not use attorney-client privilege to shield notes and memos from investigators about his interactions with Trump, saying that prosecutors met the threshold for the crime-fraud exception for him. The voice memos turned into notes provided a roadmap for prosecutors when they indicted Trump. Corcoran is referred to as “Trump Attorney 1” in that indictment.

If the case goes to trial, Corcoran will likely be a key witness for the prosecution. The case has been mired in delay and unresolved logistical questions for months now.

Corcoran ultimately recused himself from representing Trump in the classified documents case but continued to represent him in other investigations. He personally accompanied the former president when he was arraigned in Washington last August on federal charges related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

Trump tests limits of gag order with post insulting 2 likely witnesses in criminal trial

Days after a New York judge expanded a gag order on Donald Trump to curtail "inflammatory” speech, the former president tested its limits by disparaging two key witnesses in his upcoming criminal hush money trial as liars.

In a post on his Truth Social platform Wednesday, Trump called his former lawyer, Michael Cohen, and the adult film actor Stormy Daniels "two sleaze bags who have, with their lies and misrepresentations, cost our Country dearly!”

In an order first made in March, and then revised on April 1, Judge Juan Merchan barred Trump from making public statements about probable trial witnesses “concerning their potential participation in the investigation or in this criminal proceeding.”

Merchan's order didn’t give specific examples of what types of statements about witnesses were banned. He noted the order was not intended to prevent the former president from responding to political attacks.

The gag order also barred Trump from making public statements of any type about jurors, court staff, lawyers in the case or relatives of prosecutors or of the judge. Trump is allowed to make critical comments about the judge himself and Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

It was unclear whether the judge might consider Trump's criticism of Cohen and Daniels a violation of the gag order.

If I'm the DA, I'm pressing the judge to sanction Trump for his violation of the gag order.  However, based on everything we've seen so far, I'm expecting toothless justice, and for there to be zero consequences for Trump.  Nobody seems to have the balls to hold him accountable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Actually, Trump's latest makeup scheme seeks to narrow his face so he looks skinnier than he really is. He just looks stupid.

9 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I hate to say it, but I hope this crime riddled **** falls over dead from a stroke after intaking to many double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. 

Just saying. 

HTTR!

Actually, he should eat Sonic food, that stuff is loaded with fats and sodium. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yep, looks like he's going out of it.. The stress of the trial starting on Monday and him having to sit there every day and listen to the recap of what was all done, especially his part, may be enough. He has to appear in a criminal trial, unlike a civil trial. 

I forgot to mention that after my stroke, I noticed some changes to my personality, minor though they were. Some people have more major personality changes. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I predict Trump will this case by either being found not guilty outright or their will be a hung jury and the prosecutors doesn’t retry.

You went from having Ron fired to defending Trump?!?

Man, you need a vacation. 🤣🤣🤣

HTTR!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Surprising Strategy Trump Could Use to Win His Manhattan Trial

For all of Donald Trump’s bluster, he faces an uphill battle to avoid conviction in his Manhattan criminal trial beginning Monday.

The fact is most criminal defendants who go to trial end up being convicted. Trump himself is also incredibly unpopular in Manhattan, and his courtroom antics in recent months have probably not endeared him to many prospective jurors in the borough. Worse still for the former president, Judge Juan Merchan, who is presiding over Trump’s criminal trial, significantly narrowed Trump’s potential lines of defense in a series of pretrial rulings on legal and evidentiary issues.

But Trump and his lawyers still have two robust defense strategies — one obvious, one surprising — that they can use in the courtroom to try to rebut prosecutors’ charges that Trump falsified his company’s business records in connection with a hush-money payment to the adult film star Stormy Daniels in the run-up to the 2016 election.

First, watch for the defense to take a wrecking ball to Michael Cohen, the former Trump lawyer/fixer and a key witness, in the hopes of taking the whole case down with him. Then there’s another, less explored route that Trump’s team could try: asking the judge to give the jury the option of convicting him on lesser, misdemeanor offenses instead of the felony counts that have actually been brought by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg and his team of prosecutors.

A person familiar with Trump’s legal strategy told me that some of Trump’s lawyers have quietly — albeit tentatively — considered that option in the run-up to the trial, which has not been previously reported. Trump’s attorneys did not respond to a request for comment.

“Now, obviously he doesn’t want” to be convicted at all, the person familiar with Trump’s legal strategy said, “but a misdemeanor conviction in state court in Manhattan is going to have absolutely no effect on this guy’s ability to run for office or on his liberty.”

The lawyers can ask, that doesn't mean they get it reduced to misdemeanors. There's a reason why the DA upticked misdemeanors to felonies, and the grand jury bought that. I don't see the judge doing that.

As far as taking down Michael Cohen, that guy's been waiting years to get back at Trump. In fact, he's going to be so controlled on the witness stand we'll feel the frost if we were there. Trump's lawyers can try but everyone already knows his story. They will fail.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The lawyers can ask, that doesn't mean they get it reduced to misdemeanors. There's a reason why the DA upticked misdemeanors to felonies, and the grand jury bought that. I don't see the judge doing that.

As far as taking down Michael Cohen, that guy's been waiting years to get back at Trump. In fact, he's going to be so controlled on the witness stand we'll feel the frost if we were there. Trump's lawyers can try but everyone already knows his story. They will fail.

Was watching Ari Melber the other night, and he had Cohen’s attorney on. In the interview, the attorney seemed very confident, and insisted that there will be other key witnesses to corroborate Cohen’s version of events, including people present when Trump directed Cohen to make the payment to Daniels through Cohen. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Trump Docs Co-Defendants In Massive F*cktussle With Special Counsel

Shenanigans continue in the Southern District of Florida where Donald Trump’s co-defendants, Walt Nauta and Carlos De Oliveira, are throwing all kinds of bull**** at the walls of Judge Aileen Cannon’s courtroom and hoping that something will stick.

Several of the documents have yet to hit the docket, but in anticipation of this afternoon’s hearing on the motions to dismiss for vagueness/lenity/selective prosecution/rumspringa we got a look at several bonkers filings yesterday. According to an extremely pissed off motion filed by the government on March 27, Nauta filed a reply in support of his motion to dismiss on grounds of selective and vindictive prosecution in which he “for the first time made numerous false factual assertions and meritless arguments that could have been raised in his motion.”

In his first at-bat, Nauta’s lawyer Stan Woodward argued that it violates due process to threaten to charge a witness if he doesn’t cooperate — which would be news to about a million guys who kept their asses out of the clink by flipping on their bosses! — and ipso facto vindictive prosecution.

“In its response, the Government explained that Nauta’s arguments were meritless because, among other things, his decision not to testify before the grand jury was not an invocation of his Fifth Amendment rights,” Special Counsel Jack Smith wrote, noting that Nauta wasn’t being punished for asserting a legal right. Rather, he lied to the FBI and then refused to testify to the grand jury, and so “the Government’s decision to charge him after he declined to cooperate did not amount to vindictiveness as a matter of law.”

According to the prosecutors, Nauta followed up with a reply containing several “new factual allegations and theories of animus that he failed to mention, much less argue, in his opening motion” all of which were “flat-out false” and/or “deeply flawed.” But more to the point, these allegations were far too late, since he failed to include them in the original motion, and it’s kind of black letter law that you can’t add new stuff in a reply brief.

The government demanded that the new arguments be rejected as untimely, or, in the alternative, that it be permitted to file a surreply. To which Nauta, making a great show of magnanimity, conceded.

Of course, Judge Cannon granted the request to file a surreply, once again allowing the defendants to pratfall their way through this case without penalty.

13 hours ago, China said:

Trump Docs Co-Defendants In Massive F*cktussle With Special Counsel

Shenanigans continue in the Southern District of Florida where Donald Trump’s co-defendants, Walt Nauta and Carlos De Oliveira, are throwing all kinds of bull**** at the walls of Judge Aileen Cannon’s courtroom and hoping that something will stick.

Several of the documents have yet to hit the docket, but in anticipation of this afternoon’s hearing on the motions to dismiss for vagueness/lenity/selective prosecution/rumspringa we got a look at several bonkers filings yesterday. According to an extremely pissed off motion filed by the government on March 27, Nauta filed a reply in support of his motion to dismiss on grounds of selective and vindictive prosecution in which he “for the first time made numerous false factual assertions and meritless arguments that could have been raised in his motion.”

In his first at-bat, Nauta’s lawyer Stan Woodward argued that it violates due process to threaten to charge a witness if he doesn’t cooperate — which would be news to about a million guys who kept their asses out of the clink by flipping on their bosses! — and ipso facto vindictive prosecution.

“In its response, the Government explained that Nauta’s arguments were meritless because, among other things, his decision not to testify before the grand jury was not an invocation of his Fifth Amendment rights,” Special Counsel Jack Smith wrote, noting that Nauta wasn’t being punished for asserting a legal right. Rather, he lied to the FBI and then refused to testify to the grand jury, and so “the Government’s decision to charge him after he declined to cooperate did not amount to vindictiveness as a matter of law.”

According to the prosecutors, Nauta followed up with a reply containing several “new factual allegations and theories of animus that he failed to mention, much less argue, in his opening motion” all of which were “flat-out false” and/or “deeply flawed.” But more to the point, these allegations were far too late, since he failed to include them in the original motion, and it’s kind of black letter law that you can’t add new stuff in a reply brief.

The government demanded that the new arguments be rejected as untimely, or, in the alternative, that it be permitted to file a surreply. To which Nauta, making a great show of magnanimity, conceded.

Of course, Judge Cannon granted the request to file a surreply, once again allowing the defendants to pratfall their way through this case without penalty.

Congrats on incorporating "rumspringa" in your post and quoting "false factual assertions" from Nauta's lawyer's bull**** reply. It only goes to show that his lawyer is useless to him. And kudos to Judge Cannon for once again delaying the case by granting the government can submit a surreply instead of throwing out Nauta's lawyer's insane requests. She's really getting creative in her rulings to continue to delay the trial with any kind of specious order she can.

Edited by LadySkinsFan