Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

It continues to baffle me why people choose to believe Trump's election fraud lies, when he's offered no evidence whatsoever and (I believe) there were 11 investigations led by Republicans which found no fraud either. No one seems to have the guts to keep asking Trump for his "proof."

Even worse is that there are now more R's who side with the January 6th rioters than two years ago. Trump refers to them as "hostages" despite the fact that most of them have plead guilty. Seeing a Confederate flag inside the Capitol should be too much for rational people, but I guess my standards are too high. The support for the rioters goes hand-in-hand with Trump's stolen election lies. His supporters think it's OK to subvert the constitutional process based on a lie and support using violence to take power...no different than Trump's buddy in Moscow.

Now he's suing the prosecutor, which will lead to more delays. I hate to say it but it seems that Trump will run out the clock and possibly be elected, and then be able to pardon himself and everyone who ever went to jail for him. We are f**ked...but I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

****s really depressing. Why don't I fight it?

You're just keeping your reservoir intact for when we old ****s finally dry up. 

• Thanks 1

Special counsel urges Supreme Court to reject Trump’s immunity claim

Special counsel Jack Smith on Monday urged the Supreme Court to reject Donald Trump’s “novel and sweeping” claim that he is immune from criminal prosecution on charges of conspiring to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

“The President’s constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed does not entail a general right to violate them,” Smith said in his office’s main brief to the justices before the Supreme Court reviews the case on April 25, the final day of the court’s oral argument calendar for this term.

Trump’s D.C. prosecution for allegedly trying to block Joe Biden’s victory is on hold while the justices consider his immunity claim, and the high court’s ruling will determine whether and how quickly Trump faces trial.

The justices’ decision to take up Trump’s claim — rather than let stand an appeals court decision that he can be prosecuted — has drawn criticism for delaying the trial, which initially was scheduled to begin in early March.

In the special counsel’s filing in the immunity case on Monday, the office pushed back on what Smith called Trump’s “radical suggestion” of immunity that he said would allow a former president to escape accountability even for crimes such as murder or bribery. The criminal justice system, Smith added, includes numerous safeguards to ensure the law is applied fairly, including to an ex-president.

“These layered safeguards provide assurance that prosecutions will be screened under rigorous standards and that no President need be chilled in fulfilling his responsibilities by the understanding that he is subject to prosecution if he commits federal crimes,” Smith wrote.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

In a dark Truth Social post over the weekend, Trump wondered how many “corrupt” judges he’d have to “endure before somebody steps in?” And in a fundraising email, the ex-president slammed his “sham trial” and warned “all hell will break loose” unless he got a new injection of financial support.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but it's only a matter of time before some MAGA wacko takes Trump up on this. I'm imagining that "somebody" would be a guy in a MAGA hat and a mullet, driving a pickup truck with a Confederate flag in the back window with the shotgun rack. (And no, I'm not denigrating the other 95% of those folks who meet that criteria but are NOT wackos.)

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

So how much Trump should we put up with before someone steps in?

~Bang

Sometimes I wonder...but I fear that if somebody were to whack Trump it would cause hundreds of riots.

The only thing that will stop Trump is Trump himself. Like President Stilson in "The Dead Zone" who finally lost all support when he held up a baby to keep from being whacked by a sniper...we can hope that Trump will eventually do something so odious that his believers abandon him:

CUjNAg9UwAApQGK.jpg

To be honest, I don't think half of his supporters would abandon him even if Trump were to pull a Stilson.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Riots are inevitable. Whether someone "steps in" or he loses a case or the election. The notion that this will all peacefully end is a pipe dream, in my opinion. It's too far gone, and those folks who tried it once were not punished as they should have been.

They are

A/ emboldened by the toothless weakness of the "law" that is afraid of him.

B/  poisoned by propaganda beyond the ability to reason 

C/ stupid and fearful

D/ convinced of the holiness of their fatted pig, and thus convinced "God" has their backs.

E/ think their political adveraries don't own guns like they do.

F/ convinced their political enemies are guilty of every single thing they are told, from drinking children's blood to trying to lock them all in prison.

This stuff doesn't go away.

People don't wake up from this.

Best be ready. 

~Bang

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

Riots are inevitable. Whether someone "steps in" or he loses a case or the election. The notion that this will all peacefully end is a pipe dream, in my opinion. It's too far gone, and those folks who tried it once were not punished as they should have been.

They are

A/ emboldened by the toothless weakness of the "law" that is afraid of him.

B/  poisoned by propaganda beyond the ability to reason 

C/ stupid and fearful

D/ convinced of the holiness of their fatted pig, and thus convinced "God" has their backs.

E/ think their political adveraries don't own guns like they do.

F/ convinced their political enemies are guilty of every single thing they are told, from drinking children's blood to trying to lock them all in prison.

This stuff doesn't go away.

People don't wake up from this.

Best be ready. 

~Bang

Trump continually referring to the January 6th rioters as "hostages" will be the fuel for the upcoming riots. I just hope we don't get another Timothy McVeigh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Sometimes I wonder...but I fear that if somebody were to whack Trump it would cause hundreds of riots.

There are worse things than riots.  Like Trump presidency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Bang said:

It's too far gone, and those folks who tried it once were not punished as they should have been.

come on. 

his lawyers that were involved are now dealing with disbarment and/or criminal and civil cases. 
his foot soldiers (if you will) are being punished pretty adequately. 

I get you don’t have the result you want but this constant moaning about how nothing is being done isn’t correct. 

even for trumps trials, the financial cost and the drag it creates on his campaign (and because the RNC is funding it 😂, down ballot campaigns are also potentially affected as there’s less money/time/resources for them) is real. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

come on. 

his lawyers that were involved are now dealing with disbarment and/or criminal and civil cases. 
his foot soldiers (if you will) are being punished pretty adequately. 

I get you don’t have the result you want but this constant moaning about how nothing is being done isn’t correct. 

even for trumps trials, the financial cost and the drag it creates on his campaign (and because the RNC is funding it 😂, down ballot campaigns are also potentially affected as there’s less money/time/resources for them) is real. 

When it has any effect, let me know. I'm in this thread today because up above Trump is putting out pleas for someone in is deranged army to kill the judges that are trying to stop him. (Oh, but the law won't see it that way. They will pretend they do, they will maybe look ever-so-sternly over their glasses at him, but they won't do anything and i'd bet they won't do anything after someone does try to kill one of them. Not to him, anyway.)

A lot of these j6ers will be getting out of jail in short order. 
I very much doubt any of them learned anything, except maybe how to be worse. Their victimhood is solidified in them again, thy are not in prison, they are' hostages' as they are called by the Speaker of the ****ing House. They have a spokesperson. Trump has promised to pardon them and while we may scoff at his chances of winning in November, we laughed in 2016 too... and he WILL let them all out of jail.

The big fish...   well lets see.. they convicted Flynn, Trump let him out and he's full on Q and calling for an armed revolt. Bannon served nothing and is still on the air promoting insurrection. Rudy is a joke, but he's a free joke, still riding around in limos not having paid a dime. Trump is still the GOP frontrunner and of all the things that "happen" to him are either ignored or immediately reduced. Has he lost any properties yet? Nope, because his bond was lowered to a point where he could pay it with his idiot army's money, and it  was done because of the brilliant legal argument of..   uh, I'm not sure. 
Oh he's got a trial for this and a trial for that, and hooray, when something actually looks like actual justice, i'll be happy. 
But I am not holding my breath.

They might lose elections, but none of that will clean up the problem, and in fact i'd argue that the only thing their propaganda network likes more than winning elections is losing them. Playing the finger-pointing, keep everyone enraged game is much easier when you're not in power. Their core audience is going to have a problematic life regardless, and even if not they can easily be convinced of things that aren't actually happening as being real, causing them problems they don't actually have, and it's all the dems fault. 

At this point, what is primarily being 'done' is hoping they will go away or they will eventually see reason, or they can be marginalized.

Am I missing anything?

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Bang said:

The big fish...   well lets see.. they convicted Flynn, Trump let him out and he's full on Q and calling for an armed revolt. Bannon served nothing and is still on the air promoting insurrection. Rudy is a joke, but he's a free joke, still riding around in limos not having paid a dime. Trump is still the GOP frontrunner and of all the things that "happen" to him are either ignored or immediately reduced. Has he lost any properties yet? Nope, because his bond was lowered to a point where he could pay it with his idiot army's money, and it  was done because of the brilliant legal argument of..   uh, I'm not sure. 

Flynn is not only full on Q, he is promoting Christian Nationalism, meaning the USA is supposed to only have Christian citizens. Dude is completely nuts...and if he wasn't guilty of anything he wouldn't have pleaded the 5th over 100 times during his depositions.

I'm hoping Rudy sees the light one day and realizes he lost everything because of Trump, who is an expert at getting others to take the fall for him. I often wonder why so few of these people ever wake up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The DoJ should have started investigating right after being sworn in in 2021. I also regret that Garland drug his feet and they also didn't investigate any Congresspersons who were involved in this and jail them without bond. An insurrection isn't like stealing something from the five and dime, which person who does that is jailed until trial. 

This whole judicial mess is because he's a former president. Ask anyone in a South American country if their corrupt politicians would get the treatment ours do here. 

27 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The DoJ should have started investigating right after being sworn in in 2021. I also regret that Garland drug his feet and they also didn't investigate any Congresspersons who were involved in this and jail them without bond. An insurrection isn't like stealing something from the five and dime, which person who does that is jailed until trial. 

This whole judicial mess is because he's a former president. Ask anyone in a South American country if their corrupt politicians would get the treatment ours do here. 

AG has done a few posts about blaming Garland you may want to check out. She doesn't say he is blameless, but a lot needs to be pointed at others and our system of "justice".

This one is longer but does a good job of breaking it down.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

AG has done a few posts about blaming Garland you may want to check out. She doesn't say he is blameless, but a lot needs to be pointed at others and our system of "justice".

This one is longer but does a good job of breaking it down.

I can't see the whole thread, but I'm not buying it.  Isn't Garland Christopher Wray's boss?  Then he could have and should have directed him to do more sooner (or fired him if need be).  Garland's the top so the buck stops with him.  Doesn't mean Wray doesn't also deserve ouir wrath.

Edited by China
  • Thumb up 1

Witnesses in Trump classified documents case will remain secret, federal judge orders

A federal judge decided Tuesday that the names of potential witnesses in the classified documents case against Donald Trump will remain secret – resolving one of the issues that has created a logjam in the criminal case.

After months of arguing over what pieces of information in court filings should stay redacted, Judge Aileen Cannon agreed with special counsel Jack Smith’s office that releasing names and other identifying information could put them at risk.

Cannon said the prosecution’s request for redactions was “sweeping in nature as applied to all potential government witnesses without differentiation,” but concluded that Smith’s team had proven that witness details needed to be protected “at least at this juncture.”

The judge’s order will allow more records in the case to become public, and witnesses mentioned in the records will be referred to by pseudonyms, she said. But, Cannon said, witness statements can be used in the public filings — unless those statements would be identifying.

Smith had strongly pushed back on a previous order from Cannon for transparency surrounding the identification of witnesses, pointing to fears of witness harassment.

CNN previously reported that the potential witness list includes a number of low-level workers from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

In her order Tuesday, Cannon dinged the special counsel’s office for not raising all of their concerns about releasing witness names in the first-go-around of legal arguments about redactions in this case.

Click on the link for the full article

Why did it take her so long to rule on this?  Wasn't this argued months ago?  She's slow playing everything.  By all appearances she is both incompetent and biased for Trump.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Another Trumpie goes to jail for him, while he continues to be free on bail.

Pobably why Alina Habba was fired by him, he took the bad counsel she gave him to lie on Trump's behalf and ended up spending more time in jail for it.

• Haha 1