Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I don't get the distinction between civil judgements and criminal convictions in the minds of voters.  I don't need any convictions to tell me this guy is a POS.  He's already been convicted civilly a number of times. 

Seems like we shouldn't wrap up politics in court verdicts (civil or criminal).

Why shouldn't voters discern whether a candidate is a convicted reprobate or a criminal or not? I certainly don't want first two representing me in any government body, which is why I don't care which party they belong to. The fact that the Republican Party is a cult of Trump now predisposes me to think that not any of them are worthy of my consideration in the least.

Judge Cannon denies Trump's delay demand in classified document case

Judge Aileen Cannon on Thursday denied former President Donald Trump's demand to delay court proceedings in his classified document case, court records show.

The Florida federal judge refused to postpone pretrial deadlines as she, Trump, and special counsel Jack Smith debate about how trial materials should be shared with the public.

Cannon hedged her ruling by saying she'll consider filings received past the deadlines she set if Trump's attorneys can prove they are necessary, notes Politico reporter Kyle Cheney, among the first to spot the filing.

Under the ruling, a Feb. 22 deadline stands.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Goodness that's a surprise. Someone must have said something to her to stop favoring Trump and start acting like a judge with a lifetime appointment. She shouldn't want to start her federal career this way.

I was thinking something similar...someone got in her ear (or she started coming to a realization). Or--more cynically--this is a "move" to set up favoring Trump further down the line...like giving up something smaller now to give the impression of being unbiased and objective, so that she can be pro-trump on more important matters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Goodness that's a surprise. Someone must have said something to her to stop favoring Trump and start acting like a judge with a lifetime appointment. She shouldn't want to start her federal career this way.

She's probably mostly concerned about getting slapped down by the circuit again.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Fanni Willis gets removed from case, then the Georgia case likely just dies. I don’t see a replacement being appointed and the case will just die.

I don't see why. Someone else can certainly pick up the case, it's not until a year from now anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

8 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

She's probably mostly concerned about getting slapped down by the circuit again.

That too. 

10 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I was thinking something similar...someone got in her ear (or she started coming to a realization). Or--more cynically--this is a "move" to set up favoring Trump further down the line...like giving up something smaller now to give the impression of being unbiased and objective, so that she can be pro-trump on more important matters.

I was thinking that too, wanted to be a bit generous.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

Former Governor Roy Barnes was just on the stand.  Fani had approached him about being the prosecutor, but he turned her down...one of his reasons was his own personal safety and that of his family. 

Lots going on, being broadcast on MSNBC. 

Update:  her father is on the stand now. 

• Like 2

I remember the days when all I had was cash...always saved my change, which was a "savings account" the gubmint didn't know of.  I upgraded an airline seat to first class a few times with it. 

But I still keep some, always...cash tips are usually preferred.  (And my ATM lets me choose the denominations of my bills, so that's helpful.)

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We usually keep about a grand or so around. The way he said it was a black thing made me curious though.

A cop told me to keep it in the bottom of the dirty laundry hamper...no one is gonna go through that !

I was burglarized 3 times in my old house...lost a lot of jewelry, but they never found my cash or my weed.  Whew. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

A cop told me to keep it in the bottom of the dirty laundry hamper...no one is gonna go through that !

I was burglarized 3 times in my old house...lost a lot of jewelry, but they never found my cash or my weed.  Whew. 

I don't worry about keeping it secure. I figure if a robber manages to get through all that gun fire, they've earned it.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What are you basing this on?

I think it was one of the Lincoln Project podcasts. Maybe the recent one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/15/us/politics/fani-willis-disqualified-trump.html

• Feb. 15, 2024

The stakes are high as a judge in Atlanta weighs whether the Fulton County district attorney, Fani T. Willis, should be disqualified from leading the prosecution of former President Donald J. Trump on election interference charges.

If Judge Scott McAfee determines that Ms. Willis has a conflict of interest because of her romantic relationship with the prosecutor she hired to manage the case, and that it merits disqualification, his decision would, by extension, disqualify her entire office.

The case would then be reassigned to another Georgia prosecutor, who would have the ability to continue with the case exactly as it is, make major changes — such as adding or dropping charges or defendants — or to even drop the case altogether. The decision to drop the case would end the prosecution of Mr. Trump and his allies for their actions in Georgia after the 2020 election, when the former president sought to overturn his loss in the state.<<<<

Click link for above article.

Maybe I’m wrong but I think pressure will be applied to not proceed with prosecution.

15 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

My Czech Grandma had cash stashed all over the house. That's just how folks from 1920s Chicago rolled. 

Wiggy is with the mob ! :P

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 1