Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, Die Hard said:

She has faith in the Supreme Court for a particular decision… not on the merits of the argument or upholding the letter of the law… but because the defendant did him/them a solid.

Lawyering.

Narrator:  This is not how lawyering works. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Destino said:

This should be enough to put him in prison. Every school that gave this moron a degree should also be investigated for crimes against humanity.

Confirmed - Trump and GOP now courting Juggalos.

magic-how-do-they-work.gif

• Haha 4

I've read a couple of peoples opinions on this: They're take is that Smith has added some specific examples of crimes TFG committed. SCOTUS will then agree these are crimes that do not give a President immunity form prosecution. I guess we'll see...

image.png.2e488a3a69ea2a9ece2373becd4d0072.png

• Thumb up 1

Sending armed people to the Capitol stop the recording of certified Electoral College votes and to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power isn't presidential duties. They are insurrection, full stop.  I want that particular argument included in Jack Smith's pleadings.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I have no idea where any of this **** should go lol...so I'm putting it here:

For the record, Stone is claiming it's an AI generated fake of his voice...unfortunately that can be done somewhat well now.

You have to wonder what kind of case the DOJ may be building against Stone.  He wasn't one of the unindicted co-conspirators in the DC Jan. 6 case, so I wonder if they are going to go after him separately.

• Like 1

Tanya Chutkan, the judge overseeing Trump's federal election interference case, appears to be victim of 'swatting'

Police and fire trucks showed up Sunday night at the house of Tanya Chutkan, the federal judge overseeing former President Donald Trump’s election interference case after she appeared to be the target of an attempted "swatting" attack.

Police confirmed to NBC News that they responded to false reports of a shooting at a house that a witness identified as Chutkan's home. A law enforcement official also confirmed that it was Chutkan’s home and that she was home when police arrived at her residence.

A police report obtained by NBC News said that officers with the Metropolitan Police Department responded to a call just after 10 p.m. ET that referenced a shooting that occurred at the location. Once authorities arrived at the scene, an unnamed subject said she "was not injured and that there was no one in her home."

Police "determined no shooting took place," a police spokesperson told NBC News. It's unclear from where or from whom the call to emergency services originated.

Chutkan is the federal judge overseeing the federal election interference case brought by Special Counsel Jack Smith against Trump. She appeared to be the victim of "swatting," which happens when someone makes a false report of a crime in progress to draw police to a certain location.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

There is some discussion/rumor that Jack Smith has evidence that Trump personally tweeted about Pence, but someone else tweeted about stopping the storming of the Capitol.  

Take it for what it's worth... 

21 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

There is some discussion/rumor that Jack Smith has evidence that Trump personally tweeted about Pence, but someone else tweeted about stopping the storming of the Capitol.  

Take it for what it's worth... 

I saw that, too. I think it's that someone else wrote and printed out the message about stopping the storming of the Capitol, and that Trump was unwilling to write it himself--this was right after he personally posted the tweet about Pence. But they aren't sure if Trump tweeted the message written for him or if someone else posted the tweet on his behalf.

On 1/5/2024 at 6:13 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Narrator:  This is not how lawyering works. 

On 1/5/2024 at 6:45 PM, PokerPacker said:

super-narrator: except in the Supreme Court.

bat-narrator: I'm Bat-narrator.

• Haha 1

DC doesn't do well with ice and snow. 

Edited to add:  The audio in the appeals court was really interesting. Trump's lawyer was all over the place in citing other cases and his hypotheticals. And he got lots of questions and the justices interrupted him often because he was so far afield in answering questions and presenting his arguments.

The prosecution lawyer was articulate, well prepared, and to the point. The justices didn't ask nearly as many questions and mostly for clarification. 

I think the prosecution wins this one I believe. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1