Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, tshile said:

This is probably the most likely outcome. 

he flees go Russia and turns over whatever he knows that he hasn’t turned over already in exchange for a pampered life. 

Hopefully, the Russians take everything he gives them, and then doesn't pay him.  

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Honest question, what would happen if Meadows just ignores the Friday deadline but remains in another state?

It's not really clear given how unprecedented the situation is.  Ordinarily, police from the other state would arrest you and send you to the state that issued the warrant.  I think that is extremely common.  Here, it probably depends on the state.  Like, if Meadows was in FLA, I could see DeSantis telling police not to do anything, and I imagine few cops would risk their jobs over this.  I'm not sure, but I don't think states have the ability to reach into another state to make an arrest.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm not sure, but I don't think states have the ability to reach into another state to make an arrest.  

I'd assume not.  

Now, whether the Feds can arrest an interstate fugitive? . . . . 

And bounty hunters can.  That could be cool.  

And come on.  Who wouldn't love to watch Ron DeSantis whine about a state sending people into another state, to grab people from the other state, and ship them somewhere?  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'd assume not.  

Now, whether the Feds can arrest an interstate fugitive? . . . . 

And bounty hunters can.  That could be cool.  

And come on.  Who wouldn't love to watch Ron DeSantis whine about a state sending people into another state, to grab people from the other state, and ship them somewhere?  

I'm hoping that Jack Smith jumps out of a bush, judo chops Meadows like James Bond, rolls him up in a carpet, stuffs him in a cool looking van (possibly this one) and personally drives his ass to the Fulton County Courthouse.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

50 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's not really clear given how unprecedented the situation is.  Ordinarily, police from the other state would arrest you and send you to the state that issued the warrant.  I think that is extremely common.  Here, it probably depends on the state.  Like, if Meadows was in FLA, I could see DeSantis telling police not to do anything, and I imagine few cops would risk their jobs over this.  I'm not sure, but I don't think states have the ability to reach into another state to make an arrest.  

So (in that hypothetical), couldn't Fani charge DeSantis with obstruction of justice?  Aiding and abetting a fugitive?  Something?!?

Fulton County DA subpoenas 2 lawyers as prosecutors prepare to counter Meadows’ effort to toss election case

The Fulton County District Attorney’s Office issued subpoenas Tuesday to two people who were listening in on former President Donald Trump’s January 2021 call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

It comes as prosecutors plan to counter an effort to get the case thrown out.  

According to court filings, the subpoenas issued to two lawyers — Kurt Hilbert and Alex Kaufman — requested that they appear to testify at a federal court hearing next Monday. The hearing is about a request from former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to move the Fulton County election subversion case against him to federal court.

The subpoenas do not spell out why they are being called to testify. However, the Raffensperger call is key to the case that District Attorney Fani Willis has brought against Meadows. 

The Georgia grand jury indictment alleges that Meadows, along with Trump, unlawfully solicited the violation of oath by a public officer with the call. The call also was listed as an overt act in the racketeering conspiracy charge that has been brought against Meadows, Trump and the other 17 defendants in the case.

Hilbert spoke on the call about data he claimed showed that thousands of voters in Georgia were cast illegally while asking for the secretary of state’s office to provide its internal data that could speak to the claims. Kaufman appeared to be referred to as “Alex” by Trump on the call, and confirmed to the Atlanta Jewish Times that he was listening — but didn’t speak — in his capacity of general counsel for the Fulton County Republican Party.

US District Judge Steve Jones, who is presiding over Meadows’ request to move the prosecution against him to federal court, has said Monday’s hearing on the request will be an evidentiary one. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, China said:

Fulton County DA subpoenas 2 lawyers as prosecutors prepare to counter Meadows’ effort to toss election case

The Fulton County District Attorney’s Office issued subpoenas Tuesday to two people who were listening in on former President Donald Trump’s January 2021 call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

Surely the DA has the ability to get the tape in, without Brad.  Right?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Surely the DA has the ability to get the tape in, without Brad.  Right?  

Hence the two subpoenas to the others on the call. Two witnesses. Yep, Meadows is toast. He needs to go get arrested by Friday noon just like the other 18 including Trump. His excuse that he was performing Federal duties is bogus.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

It's almost as though when the mob hires your lawyer, your lawyer will advise you to not cut a deal.  

Like maybe, when the mob is paying for your lawyer, you're not the client.  

If the mob is paying for your lawyer, they don't for long. 

You are just "let go" as a client. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1