Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don’t see a civil war happening. I just don’t think there are that many Trump supporters that can’t be handled with our law enforcement or military. You might have some skirmishes here and there like the dumb Bundy clan, but I don’t see anything beyond that.

They're the same people. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Hell hath no wrath like a misconstrued Harvard constitutional scholar. 

So, then, 

Miconstrued Harvard  Constitutional Scholar == woman scorned >> Tool

Just tryin to keep up with the math on this site.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

They're the same people. 

I knew someone would say that. But I honestly believe the only way things get worse than right now is if Trump becomes president or if the Republicans rig the voting systems to where everyday people don’t have a voice anymore. Very few people are going to die for Trump. 

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

I knew someone would say that. But I honestly believe the only way things get worse than right now is if Trump becomes president or if the Republicans rig the voting systems to where everyday people don’t have a voice anymore. Very few people are going to die for Trump. 

They've been doing this for a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I think that the biggest mistake here would be to convict him and not put him in prison.

If somebody is convicted of trying to overthrow the government, but then lives in their mansion with unlimited visitors…not sure that’s a precedent we want to set.

I am aware of the pitfalls of imprisoning an ex-president and presumptive nominee. But if he gets convicted, he should die in prison. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Civil war won't be skirmishes or battles between forces. 
It'll be pipe bombs, car bombs, mass shootings.
Single actors or small groups moved and radicalized by those behind them, like in other terrorist wars. And we put our radicalization on TV.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think that the biggest mistake here would be to convict him and not put him in prison.

If somebody is convicted of trying to overthrow the government, but then lives in their mansion with unlimited visitors…not sure that’s a precedent we want to set.

I am aware of the pitfalls of imprisoning an ex-president and presumptive nominee. But if he gets convicted, he should die in prison. 

That's what I really want to, he should go to prison if convicted. 

If by some wild imagination if he pleas a deal, it includes no running for any office ever again, like what Agnew had to agree to.  Regardless if he somehow gets a pardon from someone someday.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

This is where i am.

He's a scumbag who should be in prison for a thousand other things, but he attempted a coup, the highest form of subversion there can be. From the office of the Presidency no less.
even in prison he'll be dangerous, i remind again Hitler solidified power while IN prison.
It was a soft sentence, given out of fear for what might happen, and jailors were all the happier to let him continue his plots from inside.

Another lesson we should look at.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Damn, I hadn't thought of that lol...****.

I don’t think many people have. 

despite the clear history of them taking a new way of doing things, and extending it so that it benefits them. 

the dems never really seem to think about how their ideas will be used against them. They just want to get done what they want done. 

which is why the republicans are successful in blindsiding them down the road. 

Well, maybe that. Or maybe they observe that

1). Stating that "you can't vote till you're 21" is explicitly forbidden by a constitutional amendment, that was passed for the specific purpose of preventing exactly that. 

2). And there is absolutely nothing in the constitution that mentions a specific age for carrying a gun. 

And they think that maybe that's more important than searching to see if it's possible to construct a phrase that makes the two things sound the same. 

But, it's just a thought. :) 

• Thumb up 2

On 8/5/2023 at 9:27 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

Hopefully this trial will be televised and We the People can hear the facts that are presented. 

The general rule in this district court is that the trials are not televised.  However, with enough pressure perhaps the judge will make an exception for this trial.  I believe various organizations have already put forth notices that they want the trial televised.  But, additionally it is our right to see it since according to count 4 of the indictment we, as US citizens, are victims of Trump's crimes.  Therefore anyone who cares can and should contact their congressional representative with a note saying something along the lines of:

Dear _____________ (elected official),

In Count 4 of his most recent indictment, Donald Trump is charged with victimizing the American voters by conspiring to deprive us of our right to vote. As crime victims, the American people have a right "not to be excluded" from Trump's trial, which will be held in Washington, DC. I am asserting my rights under the Crime Victims' Rights Act, 18 US Code section 3771(a)(3), not to be excluded from the trial. Given that the courtroom has a limited capacity, if the trial is not televised, I will be excluded from the courtroom in violation of my federal legal statutory rights. Accordingly, I respectfully request that you do everything in your power to ensure that my legal right to attend Donald Trump's trial is not violated. Thank you.

Sincerely, ________________________

FInd Your Representative

• Like 1

Trump co-defendant's struggle to find lawyers seen as 'delay tactic' by Florida lawyers

Record numbers of criminal cases are tried in Florida’s Southern District every year, where attorneys ready to join a blockbuster fight should be easy to come by, former prosecutors and criminal defense attorneys say.

But Carlos De Oliveira, the latest defendant charged alongside Donald Trump in the alleged mishandling of classified government documents, has yet to secure a lawyer who can practice in the state, delaying his plea in a pattern some say is playing into Trump’s attempt to draw out the case. Attorneys for Trump have argued that the trial should take place much later than the May date set by the judge, citing the scope of the indictment and Trump’s status as a presidential candidate.

That De Oliveira, 56, of Palm Beach Gardens, had obtained counsel in Washington but no one to represent him in Florida was “comical” and “almost funny,” said Dick Gregorie, a 40-year veteran of Florida’s Southern District known for his prosecutions of the late Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega and leaders of the Medellin and Cali drug cartels. 

“I think that’s comical,” Gregorie said. “Here’s a guy from Palm Beach and he can find a lawyer in Washington, D.C., but in the busiest criminal district in the country, in the Southern District of Florida, he’s not able to find a lawyer? It’s almost funny.”

Appearing before a federal judge in Miami last week, De Oliveira, wearing a navy suit and glasses and without a local attorney, was unable to enter a plea. 

It was a reprise of the two delays that led Walt Nauta, Trump’s personal aide who is also indicted in the classified documents case, to postpone entering his not guilty plea. 

The district has no shortage of legal firepower, said Philip Reizenstein, a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well that sucks.

Will you look at that, one died today.

https://apnews.com/article/utah-biden-fbi-assassination-threat-ba3cc1d3b2f6cca8bd429febdcf04219

PROVO, Utah (AP) — An armed Utah man accused of making violent threats against President Joe Biden was shot and killed by FBI agents hours before the president landed in the state Wednesday, authorities said. 

Special agents were trying to serve a warrant on the home of Craig Deleeuw Robertson in Provo, south of Salt Lake City, when the shooting happened at 6:15 a.m., the FBI said in a statement.

Robertson referred to himself as a “MAGA Trumper,” a reference to former President Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan, and also posted threats against top law enforcement officials overseeing court cases against Trump.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Will you look at that, one died today.

https://apnews.com/article/utah-biden-fbi-assassination-threat-ba3cc1d3b2f6cca8bd429febdcf04219

PROVO, Utah (AP) — An armed Utah man accused of making violent threats against President Joe Biden was shot and killed by FBI agents hours before the president landed in the state Wednesday, authorities said. 

Special agents were trying to serve a warrant on the home of Craig Deleeuw Robertson in Provo, south of Salt Lake City, when the shooting happened at 6:15 a.m., the FBI said in a statement.

Robertson referred to himself as a “MAGA Trumper,” a reference to former President Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan, and also posted threats against top law enforcement officials overseeing court cases against Trump.

7473AE9D-4189-4F88-A687-262A8064E05E.gif

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Trump seeks to discuss classified information at or near Mar-a-Lago

Donald Trump’s defense attorneys Wednesday asked the federal judge handling the government’s classified documents case to allow the former president and his legal team to discuss sensitive information at a protected facility at or near his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida.

Trump’s lawyers said that he used the facility while he was president and that they would not transport any classified material to that location — only discuss it there.

In their filings, prosecutors have argued that Trump should be treated like any other defendant and only be allowed to discuss classified information in a government-accredited sensitive compartmented information facility, known as a SCIF. Under federal law, highly sensitive government information is typically only allowed to be viewed in these SCIFs.

“Defendant Trump’s personal residences and offices are not lawful locations for the discussion of classified information, any more than they would be for any private citizen,” the government wrote in a filing last month.

In response, Trump’s lawyers said in a filing that this is a “complex and exceptional case” with a huge amount of discovery material. They said that it would be impractical for Trump and his attorneys to regularly travel to a SCIF as they build their defense case. Instead, they suggested that Trump be allowed to discuss classified information in a “previously approved facility at or near his residence.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

21 minutes ago, China said:

Donald Trump’s defense attorneys Wednesday asked the federal judge handling the government’s classified documents case to allow the former president and his legal team to discuss sensitive information at a protected facility at or near his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida.

Trump’s lawyers said that he used the facility while he was president and that they would not transport any classified material to that location — only discuss it there.

I'm not sure I'd object to that. 

At least in my mind, they're discussing a room that used to be a SCIF.  It's just been decommissioned, or whatever the term is. Is the room still secure?  

Or are we talking about re-installing presidential-grade encryption technology and White House secure communications?  

• Thumb down 1