Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is and what it means to be “WOKE”!

ClaytoAli

Apparently now Fruit Loops are woke:

Froot Loops Is in Hot Water

Kellogg's cereal brand Froot Loops is facing boycott calls for offering consumers a digital library of children's books that promote equality, diversity, and inclusion (ED&I).

Boxes of the cereal in Canada include a promotional tag to a free online library. Purchasers and their families can use the resource to learn how incredibly colorful and diverse the world can be. Newsweek has contacted representatives of Kellogg's via email for comment.

Per the corresponding website, the library "was created with the help of our partners at BGC Canada [formerly known as Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada] and Kids Can Press to help families explore diverse topics." The books include themes on racial and cultural inclusivity, as well as kindness and acceptance.

However, the new initiative has sparked boycott calls on social media, as users call for the brand to "get the Bud Light treatment." This refers to a boycott of the beer brand among a faction of detractors who objected to its brief marketing partnership with transgender TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney earlier this year. The months-long fallout saw several other brands hit with boycott calls for such actions as supporting LGBTQ+ people.

End Wokeness, an account on X, formerly Twitter, with more than 1.9 million followers, shared photos of the Froot Loop boxes in question, alongside information regarding the brand's digital library. "Fruit Loops is now encouraging kids to go online and read their free library of woke propaganda," read a caption alongside the images.

Click on the link for the full article

Complete List of Woke Companies (UPDATED November 2023)

A couple years ago, I wrote a piece for The Wall Street Journal lamenting how companies I patronize have turned increasingly political and woke. Many speciously echoed Democratic Party claims that Georgia’s recent voting law is racist without specifying how so. Others have been woke for a long time and are becoming more political by the day. I received many dozens of messages—more than I’ve ever received about anything I’ve ever written—and the piece generated nearly 2,000 comments on the WSJ website.

Most of those who wrote me asked if I had a list of woke companies. I did not. So I started an initial list based on ads in The New York Times and the Washington Post, condemning what is really a fictitious assault on democracy and the right to vote. 

You may ask what is woke? I think Teresa Mull has an interesting definition in her new book, Woke Proof Your Life. 

Woke (noun) : a sociopolitical idealogy characterized by the manipulation of noble goals (such as equity, inclusion, social justice, and environmental stewardship) by tyrannical left-wing zealots for the purpose of controlling and destroying American society. 

1-800 Flowers

23andMe

3M

AARP

Abercrombie & Fitch

Academy Awards

Activision (maker of Call of Duty and many other video games)

Absolut Vodka

Click on the link for the entire list (long)

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Paris 2024 official poster 🤮

No French Flag !

Christ cross of veterans army Les Invalides replaced !

Woke goes along with cancel culture

image.jpg?v=6

KSISYZE6W5E3HEDNM566F3WWAA.png

Nanterre start of the olympic flame journey throughout France

ZUDMJiDrA5z1pdPvgO7eTkHFu8o.jpg

Edited by FrFan

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Wokeness is when no boobies on the TV

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm sorry, what?...I couldn't hear you over the sound of her boobs...

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't know what point was being made but I know what point was raised.

I just thought of a great advertisement for motorboats.

• Haha 2

Gov. Ron DeSantis' war on 'woke' appears to be losing steam in Florida

In Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis' campaign against ideas he considers "woke" has run into some roadblocks.

A court settlement this week blunted his Parental Rights in Education Act, a law that critics call Don't Say Gay. And earlier this month, a federal court blocked another key measure that DeSantis introduced in 2021 and called the Stop WOKE Act. It marked the beginning of DeSantis' efforts to reshape how Floridians view and teach issues involving race and gender identity.

The Stop WOKE Act banned instruction in schools or mandatory training in workplaces that suggest a person is privileged or oppressed because of their race, sex or national origin. Other bills and regulations soon followed, targeting programs to promote diversity, equity and inclusion. For decades, DEI programs as they're known have worked to promote fair treatment of underrepresented groups.

DeSantis believes DEI programs that focus on issues such as race and sexual orientation are unconstitutional and discriminatory. "They call it equity," he said when introducing the Stop WOKE Act. "Just understand, when you hear equity used, that is just an ability for people to smuggle in their ideology."

Politically, the Stop WOKE Act, which was later renamed the Individual Freedom Act was a winner for DeSantis. It helped mobilize conservatives in Florida, helping him win reelection in 2022 by a wide margin. Legally though, it ran into problems.

A federal judge said by restricting people's speech, the law was "positively dystopian." Last year, an appeals court ruled it couldn't apply to colleges and universities. That same court recently ruled it couldn't be enforced against businesses, either. "The court resoundingly rejected the STOP Woke Act as applied to employers and said it was in plain violation of the First Amendment," says attorney Shalini Goel Agarwal of Protect Democracy, who represented the businesses that filed the lawsuit.

DeSantis' administration says it disagrees with the decision and is considering an appeal. But Agarwal notes that four federal judges, including two appointed by former President Donald Trump, have now blocked the law. "I would hope that resounding rejection will have some weight with the state in them thinking about whether they want to pursue it further," she says.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...