Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

Mike Evans is a beast of a WR and his play-style would complement Terry perfectly.

But, signing a WR on the wrong side of 30, who's probably looking for the last monster contract he'll sign, who's suffered nagging hamstring issues his entire career...makes me a smidge nervous.

I’m sorry but Terry  might not be here next season . 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

I’m sorry but Terry  might not be here next season . 

Disagree, Terry will be here and not the problem. I can see Samuels over paid and not needed, Brown just another WR that we have on the team like the others and they do not return punts. Dobson has been the disappointment.  

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

So far through 3 games (2 Sweat and 1 Young) they have conbined for two tackes and 1/2 a sack. LOL

Both have looked good but neither have looked elite or worth the big money(that Sweat already got and Young likely will get this off season).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Disagree, Terry will be here and not the problem. I can see Samuels over paid and not needed, Brown just another WR that we have on the team like the others and they do not return punts. Dobson has been the disappointment.  

I hope the next staff lets Dotson be the slot receiver and be the punt returner

• Like 1

I keep saying, go get Tee Higgins. A 6' 4" receiver who can be a 1B-type matched up with Terry and Jahan in the slot. Hell, I'd trade Terry for Higgins if that's what it took.

We need big catch radius guys who are better at beating man. Higgins is young (will be 25 in January) and his prime years will line up with Howell's. He's also an experienced, known commodity so we can use draft capital on our areas of desperate need like OL/TE/everywhere on D.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I keep saying, go get Tee Higgins. A 6' 4" receiver who can be a 1B-type matched up with Terry and Jahan in the slot. Hell, I'd trade Terry for Higgins if that's what it took.

We need big catch radius guys who are better at beating man. Higgins is young (will be 25 in January) and his prime years will line up with Howell's. He's also an experienced, known commodity so we can use draft capital on our areas of desperate need like OL/TE/everywhere on D.

Id be down for higgens. A bigger WR and A a TE addition would be a solid pickup for Howell. Would help him see them over the line a bit easier too. 

3 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

So far through 3 games (2 Sweat and 1 Young) they have combined for two tackes and 1/2 a sack. LOL

But if you watched that TNF game, you have to admit Sweat was a menace.  He was all over the place.  He definitely had an impact pressuring the QB.  Making the QB uncomfortable wasn't something our DEs were doing yesterday.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Tee Higgins is likely seeing $20MM+ per season.  I’d much prefer to draft a Tee Higgins.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

But if you watched that TNF game, you have to admit Sweat was a menace.  He was all over the place.  He definitely had an impact pressuring the QB.  Making the QB uncomfortable wasn't something our DEs were doing yesterday.

Yes I agree he was all over the place however they are paying him to be more than what he has done. Elite DE's finish. Sweat is better but both are just above average IMO.   

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Thats not what the media are saying though. Lol

Excactly. They are still being hyped because they were first round picks. Chase made one good play yesterday but Bosa stole his thunder by causing the fumble on the same play. Bosa just has a nose for the ball. Dudes like Garrett, Watt and Bosa just are on another level than these two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

Yes I agree he was all over the place however they are paying him to be more than what he has done. Elite DE's finish. Sweat is better but both are just above average IMO.   

He's been there 2 games and had an impact, I think they'll take that.

15 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

Excactly. They are still being hyped because they were first round picks. Chase made one good play yesterday but Bosa stole his thunder by causing the fumble on the same play. Bosa just has a nose for the ball. Dudes like Garrett, Watt and Bosa just are on another level than these two.

Yeah, playing alongside Bosa will certainly help Chase's numbers.

10 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Jets cut Michael Carter, any thought of interest in him here. He was damn good at NC...put the band back together

yeah, that might be a good move, even if it's just for next year

but I think he's a waiver guy so others would get first crack

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 10:48 AM, Warhead36 said:

Gibson can fill the Samuel role of #3 WR/gadget weapon. He'll be younger and likely cheaper. He's also a legit KR threat.

I hadn't thought of that, and it would be interesting. Either way, Samuel's contract is up and he won't come back.

On 11/13/2023 at 1:05 PM, method man said:

I hope the next staff lets Dotson be the slot receiver and be the punt returner

Dotson should be the slot to maximize his impact. It is as clear as day. And Terry should be the Z to maximize his, hence the need for a large X receiver. 

On 11/13/2023 at 1:10 PM, NickyJ said:

If Mike Shanahan were here, he'd get the best bang for our buck out of Terry by converting him to TE. Ron should try it, we need more swiss army knives and offensive weapons

If Shanahan was here the offense would be cooking and the OL would actually be decent. Terry would absolutely thrive in a Shanahan offense. 

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Jets cut Michael Carter, any thought of interest in him here. He was damn good at NC...put the band back together

Please please please

He was very promising as a rookie before fading a bit. He's a more traditional third down back than Gibson and could potentially serve in that role next year.