Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, turtle said:

Washington Commanders

• Commanders signed OL Julian Good-Jones off the Eagles PS
  • Commanders placed G Ricky Stromberg on I/R
  • Commanders signed RB Jonathan Williams and LB Brandon Bouyer-Randel to their PS
  • Commanders worked out LB Brandon Bouyer-Randle, LB Caleb Johnson, S Tre Norwood, and OL Ross Pierschbacher

https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/11/nfl-transactions-662/

Piersbacher? That guy is still trying to play pro football?

If we are going to bring back random former players, bring back Greg Stroman. The Bears let him go after Kyler Gordon returned from injury

7 minutes ago, method man said:

If we are going to bring back random former players, bring back Greg Stroman. The Bears let him go after Kyler Gordon returned from injury

Matt Ioannidis is available!

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, method man said:

HA, i saw his name and thought...big nothingburger.  He was another pissed away draft pick, always looked like a stiff

Sucks about Strom. I figured as the season progressed he would start getting more play time at the IOL spots

8 hours ago, method man said:

Greg Stroman?  The Sausage King of Chicago?

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Wasn't he part of the '19 draft? I think only McLaurin is still on the team from that draft...oof

I remember thinking that was a decent draft class.  Montez Sweat and Cole Holcomb were actually good starters, add McLaurin in to that mix and you have one star and two solid starters.  Jimmy Moreland was basically Danny Johnson, a serviceable nickel.  Kelvin Harmon did not do anything after his rookie year, but flashed a tiny bit his rookie year with 365 receiving yards.

Frankie Luvu is another guy who would be a huge upgrade as a green dot linebacker. I like him more than Al Shaair. He had a Pro Bowl caliber season last year and is having another one so far for the Panthers. Didn’t realize he was going to be a FA.

He is one of the best off ball LBs most on these board haven’t heard of

Edited by method man
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Conn said:

lol Bears fans learning our pain. The advanced stats tell one story. Watching the game and seeing the lack of impact tells another. Somewhere in between those is the truth—and that truth isn’t worth $25M. 

The Twitter user you're quoting is a Commies fan. He's talking about our pressure (or lack thereof) vs. the Pats.

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The Twitter user you're quoting is a Commies fan. He's talking about our pressure (or lack thereof) vs. the Pats.

You're right about the second tweet (the reply tweet). I did see Bears fans lamenting the trade/extension for Sweat after his first game though, and the minimal impact he had juxtaposed with the advanced stats is similar to how people here went back and forth about our edges for years. 

• Thumb up 1

On 11/8/2023 at 10:32 PM, Ball Security said:

Better to sign Good-Jones as opposed to Bad-Jones, I always say.

This is why I remain a fan, because we as a franchise after all the crap we've dealt with can still have humor like this.  Its why I keep coming back here, despite being at arms length with the team right now.  But I think if Harris continues to make wise moves, I can stop being standoffish soon.  I'm hopeful.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Conn said:

lol Bears fans learning our pain. The advanced stats tell one story. Watching the game and seeing the lack of impact tells another. Somewhere in between those is the truth—and that truth isn’t worth $25M. 

I admittedly didn't watch that game, but the Bears defense did well against the Saints despite losing 24-17.  They held the Saitns to 301 yards and 4.9 yards per play.  They lost the game cause they lost the turnover battle 5 to 0.  I thought the Bears defense looked pretty last night against the Panthers too.

In terms of why we didn't see a lot of sacks against the Patriots despite have a 48 pass rush win rate was because the Patriots get rid of the ball quick.  After they gave up 4 defensive TD's in a two game stretch, they don't want Mac Jones extending plays.   I think John Keim said Mac Jones was the fastest QB in week 9 in terms of getting the ball or the second fastest or something like that.  They throw something quick underneath or throw a go ball.  They are not even really trying to use the intermediate passing game.  But its hard to get sacks against an offense like that (but fairly easy to defend).

Edited by philibusters

9 hours ago, Conn said:

You're right about the second tweet (the reply tweet). I did see Bears fans lamenting the trade/extension for Sweat after his first game though, and the minimal impact he had juxtaposed with the advanced stats is similar to how people here went back and forth about our edges for years. 

His impact was definitely more pronounced vs Carolina. He was getting pressures at will, which opened things up for his teammates and sped things up for Young

I thought the D line was terrible last week.

I didn't see much of anything in the form of pressure generation. We had no sacks and we had zero TFLs from the line. That is a far cry from what we have been this season. The D was carried by the back end last week.

If this trend continues in Sea then the strength of our D is no longer the front-end after moving on from Young/Sweat.

17 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I thought the D line was terrible last week.

I didn't see much of anything in the form of pressure generation. We had no sacks and we had zero TFLs from the line. That is a far cry from what we have been this season. The D was carried by the back end last week.

If this trend continues in Sea then the strength of our D is no longer the front-end after moving on from Young/Sweat.

That may be right, but it’s largely irrelevant now. Overhauling the D is just around the corner. 

D line performance is what everyone was afraid of and the reason i wanted to trade Payne..... nobody wants to talk about it but... as soon as he got paid he went back to his inconsistent self, giving partial effort and taking plays off. Allen seems to be in a similar boat, maybe there is an inj issue we dont know about but Dline this year has been subpar 

Edited by oraphus

Im hoping Payne and Allen will bring it more next year when we get some fresh coaches. Seeing Allen’s comments a couple of weeks ago tells me they are super frustrated. Ron and Del Rio’s messages have probably worn very thin with the players because the results aren’t there. There is only so much “do your job” they can listen to when the coaches aren’t doing there’s.

Ron seems checked out and it’s not surprising that players will follow that energy. 

Also, it absolutely amazes me that we have two lbers coaching this team and our lbers have sucked since they’ve been here. Between the two of them, you think they would come up with better game plans attacking the offense. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus