Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

are we listening to offers for anyone else

To me, still the no-brainers to be at least offered around are Fuller, Samuel, Brissett and Gibson. Semi no-brainer would be Thomas. 

The one that would show some real foresight and aggression would be Leno.

All depending on return, of course. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

To me, still the no-brainers to be at least offered around are Fuller, Samuel, Brissett and Gibson. Semi no-brainer would be Thomas. 

The one that would show some real foresight and aggression would be Leno.

All depending on return, of course. 

I'm not sure there is much interest in any of those players. Maybe Fuller since he's solid and playing well this year and CBs are always hard to come by.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

fun instead of seeing Lombardi clown on Bruce Allen he's clowning on the Bears

Lombardi has had some hysterically bad takes over  the years. I really wonder if he has no one in his orbit who can tap him on the shoulder and say "hey, you do remember the Franchise Tag is a thing, right?"

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not sure there is much interest in any of those players. Maybe Fuller since he's solid and playing well this year and CBs are always hard to come by.

I really don't understand why there would be no interest in those players. Not for premier draft picks, but they could all help contenders. In fact, there has been at least some chatter on all of them.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

that's just a reporter speaking reporter.  They often don't speak in absolutes -- especially Keim.  If you want a reporter-personality who speaks in absolutes that would be Chris Russell.   Or Bayless, Stephen Smith, etc.  Not Keim's style.

I know, it just struck me as silly, then I looked at the Bears schedule, and wondered if he's silly like a fox, but he's too busy to have likely known that Chicago's rest of season schedule is beyond ridiculously easy, so even at 2-6, they could finish it 4-5 or 3-6, even a worst case for comp of 5-4. 

Home:

vs Panthers

Vs Lions

Vs Cardinals

Vs Falcons

Road:

@ New Orleans

@ Detroit

@ Minnesota

@ Cleveland

@ Green bay

They could stink it up and lose all 9, but if you look at that schedule, who is guaranteed better than them? Detroit, New Orleans, Cleveland, and probably Atlanta, but 2 of those 4 teams have garbage QB's. So when I look at that, trying to be reasonable, I project a floor of 0 wins (because they do suck), an expectation of 3 wins, and a ceiling of around 5. 

So yeah, despite sitting with the 3rd overall pick right now, it could and should fall considering schedule. That is a schedule with literally zero teams that are contenders save Detroit, for even winning a single playoff game, zero, except, Detroit, a team that's won a playoff game like once or twice in the past fifty years or whatever. So they could genuinely make a run down the stretch and screw up that slotting. I think they get flipped backwards for round 2 if they tie other teams on record as well because their opp winning percentage means they'll win most, maybe all tiebreakers in round 1. So the pick could definitely tumble from 35 or 36 right now, to the mid 40s. 

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Lombardi has had some hysterically bad takes over  the years. I really wonder if he has no one in his orbit who can tap him on the shoulder and say "hey, you do remember the Franchise Tag is a thing, right?"

He has.  But considering how relentless he was clowning on Bruce from the perspective of having worked with him before.  And slamming Ron's competence.  I don't mind most of his takes.  

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's exactly what it sounds like lol. Seems like they're using reporters to tell teams around the league that they're not remotely married to keeping Young just because they dealt Sweat.

What's the minimum we'd be happy with? It's a weird thing as I think Chase could hurt our tank with some timely strip sack or whatever. But fair comp to me is probably a late 3rd to early 4th. But the Sweat comp has me baffled.

I'd also trade Gibson since we have no interest in using him and he walks after this season. Fuller, who others have mentioned, should also be dealt if we can get anything on day 3. 

3 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I know, it just struck me as silly, then I looked at the Bears schedule, and wondered if he's silly like a fox, but he's too busy to have likely known that Chicago's rest of season schedule is beyond ridiculously easy, so even at 2-6, they could finish it 4-5 or 3-6, even a worst case for comp of 5-4. 

Hoinitely tumble from 35 or 36 right now, to the mid 40s. 

He said "That could be a really good pick from the Bears".  I guess you wanted him to say this is a good pick from Bears -- slam dunk over.  I get it but its not his style.

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

That's exactly what it sounds like lol. Seems like they're using reporters to tell teams around the league that they're not remotely married to keeping Young just because they dealt Sweat.

What's the minimum we'd be happy with? It's a weird thing as I think Chase could hurt our tank with some timely strip sack or whatever. But fair comp to me is probably a late 3rd to early 4th. But the Sweat comp has me baffled.

I'd also trade Gibson since we have no interest in using him and he walks after this season. Fuller, who others have mentioned, should also be dealt if we can get anything on day 3. 

If I recall Keim didn't think we'd get anything for Gibson.  Finlay thought maybe they'd get something.  

One reporter referenced some interest in Fuller but they weren't interested in dealing him.

Brissett apparently just late rounders offered and they unlikely would take it.

Finaly just mentioned he heard they'd like to move Chase.  I know the reports are that Montez was the dude in demand in trade talks over Chase.  but who knows will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise