Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Davis Mills would definitely be a nice $ wise QB with some experience but let’s be honest would he be the clear #2?  I’m a Sam Howell guy and want him to start but Mills isn’t that bad and the Texans while he was there were a really really bad team in all facets…. We have clear weapons and given that I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that he couldn’t be the #1 specially with the ties he has with our new QB coach and the system… just saying !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seantaylor=god said:

After the draft, these guys have even less leverage.

Don’t panic. Wait it out.

I don't know, not panic but more of insurance; what if Howell gets injured in training camp on some freak non-contact thing and we still don't have a back-up QB??

I would pay for Bridgewater now or deal for Mills like some have suggested. QB isn't a spot to mess around with especially with a 1st year starter in the plans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Yall see this crazy ****? 

Can you ****ing imagine if we had him here? LOL 

Listen his stupidity and quite honestly his becoming a fruit cake far out weights anything good he does on the field…. he honestly thinks he’s God and should have all and total control… 

• Like 2

Played around with our cap seeing what we would have if we made deals with our big named free agents in 2024. 

If we cut Charles Leno, Logan Thomas and Chase Roullier AFTER 2023 and ...

Franchise Tag Montez Sweat ($24m)

Sign Kendall Fuller to a 3 year $39m extension

Sign Kam Curl to a 4 year $47m extension

Sign Chase Young to a 4 year, $100m extension

We'd have $45m in cap space remaining in 2024 factoring in Wylie and Gates and this year's draft cap pool ... and about $130m in 2025

We will not sign all of those players to extensions and franchise tags most likely, but just wanted to pencil it out to show how much $$ we have going forward. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Davis Mills would definitely be a nice $ wise QB with some experience but let’s be honest would he be the clear #2?  I’m a Sam Howell guy and want him to start but Mills isn’t that bad and the Texans while he was there were a really really bad team in all facets…. We have clear weapons and given that I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that he couldn’t be the #1 specially with the ties he has with our new QB coach and the system… just saying !!

Mills could very well beat out Howell. But I don't think that's a problem. Two you guys battling it out is a good thing, especially when they're combining for like $3m in cap hit each of the next 2 years.

• Like 2

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Somebody get A-Rod away from those crystals, he is absolutely out of him mind.

I keep thinking his level of absolute dementia can't possibly get worse and he keeps proving me wrong.

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Listen his stupidity and quite honestly his becoming a fruit cake far out weights anything good he does on the field…. he honestly thinks he’s God and should have all and total control… 

Mercades Lewis is ****ing 40 years old. And thats his demand at WR? Stop it lmao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not saying I want to or we will but with how things are looking I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a QB in rounds one or 2. Me personally I would rather draft a TE, CB O Line with our first 2 picks but nothing will surprise me. Especially after taking D Line in 2nd round last year when we could have had so many other players in positions of need. 

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Played around with our cap seeing what we would have if we made deals with our big named free agents in 2024. 

If we cut Charles Leno, Logan Thomas and Chase Roullier AFTER 2023 and ...

Franchise Tag Montez Sweat ($24m)

Sign Kendall Fuller to a 3 year $39m extension

Sign Kam Curl to a 4 year $47m extension

Sign Chase Young to a 4 year, $100m extension

We'd have $45m in cap space remaining in 2024 factoring in Wylie and Gates and this year's draft cap pool ... and about $130m in 2025

We will not sign all of those players to extensions and franchise tags most likely, but just wanted to pencil it out to show how much $$ we have going forward. 

How many total players are under contract in that 2024 scenario. Only about 40 I would guess.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

How many total players are under contract in that 2024 scenario. Only about 40 I would guess.

35 without this year's draft class and Wylie and Gates ... so ... 43-44 depending on this year's draft haul (since I am counting Gates, Wylie and the draft pool for this year's class)

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If Lamar can parlay this into a crap ton of G money I wonder if more players will start operating as their own agents. Man is out here workin' an angle.

No body's biting right now. What happens if they don't? Take your Ball and go home? 

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

No body's biting right now. What happens if they don't? Take your Ball and go home? 

That’s exactly what I was thinking when NFL Network were speaking on Lamar…. what happens when no team offers him a deal and definitely not 1 he thinks he’s worth…. Seriously 2 #1’s isn’t a awful lot to give up for a QB… but it is when the 1 in question wants a fully guaranteed deal and has missed 11 games in the last 2 seasons… I’m actually rooting for his stance to blow up and nobody sign him and he has to go back to the Ravens  

• Like 1