Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Leno - Wylie - Lucas - Charles - DRAFT PICK?

You aren't keeping 5 tackles. Even if 2 of them can also play Guard. But I guess we'll see. 

Usually you keep 9, maybe 10 OL. If we draft 1-2, some guys are gonna need to go. 

I would say more likely Leno - Paul - Gates - Cosmi - Wylie right now. If Roulier is healthy and is maybe restructured he can start at C and you could move Gates to compete with Paul at LG.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Daniel Jeremiah recently was talked about how some of the better teams in recent years were helping by having position flex players on the O line that enabled them to survive injuries

We got caught with our pants down for only having 4 centers.

This year we will have 6!

• Haha 8

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

It sounds high but the devil is in the details.  I bet they have an out in season 4.

But you're ignoring <insert some random obscure stat here> that proves that Jimmy G is better than <insert some random HOF who is nothing like the player you're comparing>!  Deal of the century!

Just now, MartinC said:

I would say more likely Leno - Paul - Gates - Cosmi - Wylie right now. If Roulier is healthy and is maybe restructured he can start at C and you could move Gates to compete with Paul at LG.

Good point. If Gates is truly brought in to play Center, Roullier is likely gone, AND you probably leave open the option of drafting a Center. 

• Like 3

Just now, Est.1974 said:

No chance Roulliers contract survives the offseason.

I don't think so, Gates is the perfect security for Larsen who they want back.  Good draft as you know for center and they probaby take one.  Maybe they wait until after the draft to release Chase but am guessing he's gone.

• Like 2

Just now, HigSkin said:

Payton will cede zero leverage to Wilson this upcoming season on and off the field. Wilson will have to rid self of a great deal of entitlement with Payton at the helm—he gives zero cares. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Daniel Jeremiah recently was talked about how some of the better teams in recent years were helping by having position flex players on the O line that enabled them to survive injuries.

Masko was hailed as a genius until the bottom came out last year.  Schweitzer was better here than elsewhere, Flowers, Leno, maybe Larsen, too.  So I'll trust that they know what they are doing.

Also I like the idea of going hard in both FA and the draft at that spot -- that according to the beat guys especially Keim is their plan.  All hands on deck at the O line.

Not a right or wrong, but love this approach to the Oline versus throwing big money at other teams guys. Must continue to add at minimum day two talent in the draft though. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

But you're ignoring <insert some random obscure stat here> that proves that Jimmy G is better than <insert some random HOF who is nothing like the player you're comparing>!  Deal of the century!

Simpler than that. Jimmy G is a winner, 40 plus million is a bargain, yes he misses give or take 4-5 games a year but he's big time loved in the locker room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Payton will cede zero leverage to Wilson this upcoming season on and off the field. Wilson will have to rid self of a great deal of entitlement with Payton at the helm—he gives zero cares. 

I'd guess the same.  Payton has a lot of a swagger and has a take no prisoners approach to the job.

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

True - but we do still need to add some young quality to the group - its still very much open to us drafting OL early depending how the board falls - we just don't HAVE to do that now.

I completely agree, should never stop seeking it out. signing guys that could play multiple OL positions competently though means we can let the draft come to us instead of forcing picks for need. Maybe the 1-2nd best G or C is the right guy to take instead of the 6th beat OT in the draft for example. 

• Like 3